E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #21
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSe View Post
Eat anything/everything you want besides bread
Pretty much true. Diversity is important though. I actually can't eat bread or wheat at all. Eating things as naturally as possible is the safest bet. Solly I think your coworker may be on to something; but just barely. The chicken is most likely your best source of proein while at work correct? It's not like you go home and eat chicken for dinner and breakfast right?
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #22
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
Pretty much true. Diversity is important though. I actually can't eat bread or wheat at all. Eating things as naturally as possible is the safest bet. Solly I think your coworker may be on to something; but just barely. The chicken is most likely your best source of proein while at work correct? It's not like you go home and eat chicken for dinner and breakfast right?
I have plenty of times.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #23
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
She saw the same rerun of Scrubs that I saw. Dude ate carrots all day and turned orange lol.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #24
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
She saw the same rerun of Scrubs that I saw. Dude ate carrots all day and turned orange lol.
good show
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #25
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
solly why do you never accept my advances
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #26
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Cause he's mine!
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #27
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Attack of the ignorant coworker strikes again.

Her-what are you eating
Me-bacon and egg omelet
Her- I hope it's with egg whites because yolk is bad for you
Me- No it isn't.
Her- What makes you so sure
Me- I just know because I read a lot about it
Her- What makes you think you know more than everyone else
Me- Because I do research instead of listening to myths
Her- rolls eyes
me- continues to stuff my face.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #28
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #29
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
dude I could have made 10 other threads about the sh1t people tell me on a daily basis. Constant comments about why do you do this why do you do that?

And not to mention the people that get offended when I tell them I'm eating like this to lose fat and they're 3x as heavy as me. But that's not my fault lol. You should see the stares I get when we have our little "3pm conference room birthday cake cutting" and I don't touch it lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #30
Ghostie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 599
My Ride: What else?
so you work with a bunch of dumb, fat people?
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #31
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
so you work with a bunch of dumb, fat people?
I think everyone in the states does....
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #32
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
so you work with a bunch of dumb, fat people?
there's a few people that aren't fat but a lot of them could benefit from a little lost weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
I think everyone in the states does....
exactly
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #33
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Attack of the ignorant coworker strikes again.

Her-what are you eating
Me-bacon and egg omelet
Her- I hope it's with egg whites because yolk is bad for you
Me- No it isn't.
Her- What makes you so sure
Me- I just know because I read a lot about it
Her- What makes you think you know more than everyone else
Me- Because I do research instead of listening to myths
Her- rolls eyes
me- continues to stuff my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
dude I could have made 10 other threads about the sh1t people tell me on a daily basis. Constant comments about why do you do this why do you do that?

And not to mention the people that get offended when I tell them I'm eating like this to lose fat and they're 3x as heavy as me. But that's not my fault lol. You should see the stares I get when we have our little "3pm conference room birthday cake cutting" and I don't touch it lol.
People don't get it
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #34
Schnitzer325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 428
My Ride: BMW 325ci Schnitzer
Send a message via MSN to Schnitzer325ci
Just eat a balanced diet and exercise on a regular basis.

You may have also wrongly interpreted the lady's comments.

Eating the same stuff is no good for you, could be code for:

"...you need some variety in your life, forget your woman, do me instead..."

Or

"...I am bored of my man, same moves, same positions, same body; do me! I'm bored of eating the same chicken..."


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
__________________
Genuine AC Schnitzer
Genuine AC Schnitzer 19's Type III
Genuine AC Schnitzer Short Shift
Genuine AC Schnitzer Pedals & Ebrake
Genuine Bi-Xenon Retrofit
BMW Dice iPod Connect
Smoked LEDs, Sides & Repeaters
Privacy Glass
Black Grills
Purple Angel Eyes
Imola Red M3 Leathers - SOLD
More to follow...


WRITTEN OFF BY SOME PUNK BYATCH!



Reppin the U.K
Schnitzer325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #35
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzer325ci View Post
Just eat a balanced diet and exercise on a regular basis.

You may have also wrongly interpreted the lady's comments.

Eating the same stuff is no good for you, could be code for:

"...you need some variety in your life, forget your woman, do me instead..."

Or

"...I am bored of my man, same moves, same positions, same body; do me! I'm bored of eating the same chicken..."


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Already thought this.
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #36
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
My 2c on a couple things I read...

Just like doing the same workout plan for months will get you to plateau faster, eating the same diet (not same food) will cause your body to get used to it and maintain, the body needs to be tricked once in a while, this has truth to it.

Eating the yolk isn't bad at all, there is a lot worse things you can do. However, I am currently cutting and need to obviously keep the calories down, and if I ate the amount of eggs I do with the yolks, it would significantly increase the calories...

3 whole eggs + 8 egg whites a day = roughly 400 calories.
11 whole eggs = 990 calories

it does make a difference if you think like that! That's the difference between maintenance and a cut right there.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #37
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
How do you even eat just the whites? It just seems like a waste to me to throw out half the egg?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #38
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
How do you even eat just the whites? It just seems like a waste to me to throw out half the egg?


Crack an egg in the morning, pour a 1/2 cup of that, yum.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #39
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post


Crack an egg in the morning, pour a 1/2 cup of that, yum.
Uhhh. Why not just eat 4 or 5 whole eggs instead of wasting folks and buying this stuff.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #40
Vinnie Vega
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 531
My Ride: 0032870Vette70Velle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
She's one of those eat anything and look good people though.


You mean shes bullimic?
Vinnie Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use