E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #21
deebar325i

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
If you can't afford the real thing, you shouldn't be fronting like you can.

Reps are the worst.
It's assholes like you that's been making this forum ****.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App
deebar325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #22
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:

Reps are the worst.
I won't take this personally, but you should change your thought process rather than projecting your own hatred out on something so irrelevant.

How are they the worst?

Quality? nope.. not there, i have had these and csl reps.. strong as balls
Design? nope... not there either... both look 95% of the original design
Price? nope... not that one... they are a quarter of the price
Weight? Both of these 19's weigh less than zhp 18's, so not there

I would be foolish to spend $5000 on rims for a $11k car, in new england, for 6 months out of the year

stop being a hater...
Old 04-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #23
JJR4884

anyways... OP

Those are my pics for the ESR-4s. I can say that I have never thought these rims were going to look that close to LM's. The lip on the back is 3.5, 2.5 in the front. The spokes are pretty damn close to actual LM's. Linea Corsa's were the first rim to come out with a step lip, however the diameter of the spokes definitely look way too small. The 19's look like 18's IMO, thats why I went with the ESRs.

The other ones i'm not too familiar with, so I can't really offer too much on those.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #24
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
I've had the VarrsToen reps since the new year and have been happy with them. I think they are one of the best reps out there.

I can post pics if you would like
Old 04-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #25
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
I've had the VarrsToen reps since the new year and have been happy with them. I think they are one of the best reps out there.

lets have a rep off

and then kubica can come in here and make fun of us
Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #26
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
lets have a rep off

Old 04-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #27
Boosted_TiAg
Modded

My Ride: CLS55 AMG
Quote:

Reps are the worst.
lol who is this clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebar325i View Post
It's *******s like you that's been making this forum ****.

Quote:
anyways... OP

Those are my pics for the ESR-4s. I can say that I have never thought these rims were going to look that close to LM's. The lip on the back is 3.5, 2.5 in the front. The spokes are pretty damn close to actual LM's. Linea Corsa's were the first rim to come out with a step lip, however the diameter of the spokes definitely look way too small. The 19's look like 18's IMO, thats why I went with the ESRs.

The other ones i'm not too familiar with, so I can't really offer too much on those.

thanks for posting, the pics you posted in the showroom of your wheels are one of the reasons i decided to go with these wheels (obviously since i used your pics lol) esr4's look awesome, only reason im leaning towards the varrstoens is because of the bigger lip sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post

please do sir. from the looks of it in your sig they look hot, that color is no longer avail though correct? if im not mistaken that was the old gunmetal which was replaced by the lighter colored hyperblack?

Last edited by Boosted_TiAg; 04-19-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Boosted_TiAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #28
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_TiAg View Post
please do sir. from the looks of it in your sig they look hot, that color is no longer avail though correct? if im not mistaken that was the old gunmetal which was replaced by the lighter colored hyperblack?
Yeah, they are being made in hyperblack now (same color w0w has). I know a guy at varrstoen, I will ask him if they have any more of the gunmetals... they may be reproducing them.

more pics here.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ht=evil+update

Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #29
Boosted_TiAg
Modded

^ looks awesome, thanks for posting.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #30
BusaNoob

My Ride: AW 06 330ci ZHP
Dont forget about the step. Some reps have no step. Some only have it on the rears. ESR-4 has it front and back. I have a fleabay rep that has them front and back.
BusaNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:24 AM   #31
Andrew@euro-spec
Sponsor

My Ride: E92 335
Thanks for the kind words to everyone who backed up our product. We definitely stick behind these wheels. To answer a few questions that i saw went unanswered:

We placed orders for wider rears along with more aggressive offsets, however we are unsure if those have made this shipment we have arriving in 3 weeks.

We may be getting a few sets of other colors, but again, this is unsure if these made this batch.

We are sure that we have:

silver color, with all 18", 19", and new 20" sizes available. New offsets are also available, which will be released shortly.

18x9 and 18x9
19x8.5 and 19x9.5
20x8.5 and 20x10

All with a diamond polished lip, ranging anywhere from 3-4.5" step lips in the rear, and 2-3" step lips in front depending on sizes.

My general feelings are that darker colored wheels, although they look great, usually tend to look smaller then they are for some reason. I dont know why.. but for some reason, silver always looks its size, or bigger, which is always a classy, good choice. of course colored wheels look amazing, but the classic silver color is something you can never go wrong with.

In the end, your decision will come down to color and offset, because all of the choices (Varrstoen and ESR), are about a 98% match to the real things. Good luck and keep an eye out for out pre sale thread coming soon.

-Andrew
Old 04-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #32
Boosted_TiAg
Modded

^ 4.5 =

Which wheel will have it?

Last edited by Boosted_TiAg; 04-20-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #33
brokebank325i

My Ride: 03 325i
Check out privat akzents, you'll be surprised

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App
brokebank325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #34
Boosted_TiAg
Modded

^ i dont like how the spokes bulge out on those.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #35
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebar325i View Post
It's *******s like you that's been making this forum ****.

I expressed an opinion, and I'm an a@@hole? Ha.

I think you're the ******* for fronting like you have nice wheels, when most likely they are garbage.

Quote:
I won't take this personally, but you should change your thought process rather than projecting your own hatred out on something so irrelevant.

How are they the worst?

Quality? nope.. not there, i have had these and csl reps.. strong as balls
Design? nope... not there either... both look 95% of the original design
Price? nope... not that one... they are a quarter of the price
Weight? Both of these 19's weigh less than zhp 18's, so not there

I would be foolish to spend $5000 on rims for a $11k car, in new england, for 6 months out of the year

stop being a hater...
Quote:
lets have a rep off

Uh . . .how about we put BMW roundels on a Honda. Putting BBS caps on crappy, heavy, weak, made in China wheels is the same thing. Same thing bro. The realization that you are no better than the guys we laugh at on craigslist for turning their accord into an 'M3' must be hitting you like a ton of bricks.

So you guys want to look like you have the best wheels on the market, but you don't actually care if they are the best?

Rep wheels are for losers with no class.

And yes, I have two sets of BBS wheels. They weren't cheap, but worth every penny.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #36
JJR4884

Quote:
I hope I get a chance to meet you at one of the meets this year, hater.

And no... there is no realization on my part. I know they are reps, and I am completely fine with that. In fact, I tell people they are replicas when they say "oh wow sick rims" that way someone doesn't think i'm trying to pull them off as real. They LOOK great... in fact... they look sick, along with the rest of my car, which is what i was going for. You are the 1% of the people who disagree, so i'm still one happy motherfvcker.

But uh oh watch out for the almighty BBS owners that get all pissy when someone makes an affordable rep... oh noooooooo watch out, i guess my rims just ruined your day.

I'm beginning to think your problems are a lot deeper than my rims lol. I'll pray for you tonight, your soul is filled with hatred and I hope you find help.

love you

Last edited by JJR4884; 04-21-2011 at 03:58 PM.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #37
NightRaider93

My Ride: 2007 Z4 Coupe
Subbed. I was looking at MM6 wheels from modbargains but I'm definitely checking these out.

NightRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #38
Boosted_TiAg
Modded

Looks like you're doing a bunch of sh!t talking instead of expressing your opinion to me man. Just because you're dumb enough to spend retarded amount of money on some wheels doesn't mean we all should. I don't understand why this thread is making you so upset though? Prob has something to do with the fact that these reps are exactly identical to the real deal and you're upset because you spent triple the price on your set?

Regardless of the reason, can you take your negativity somewhere else please, this thread was made to discuss the difference between the replicas only. Were not as cool as you are, we can't afford the real deal mr 2003 325xi

Ps glad you enjoy the fact that your 2 sets of wheels cost more than your whole car.

Quote:
I expressed an opinion, and I'm an a@@hole? Ha.

I think you're the ******* for fronting like you have nice wheels, when most likely they are garbage.

Uh . . .how about we put BMW roundels on a Honda. Putting BBS caps on crappy, heavy, weak, made in China wheels is the same thing. Same thing bro. The realization that you are no better than the guys we laugh at on craigslist for turning their accord into an 'M3' must be hitting you like a ton of bricks.

So you guys want to look like you have the best wheels on the market, but you don't actually care if they are the best?

And yes, I have two sets of BBS wheels. They weren't cheap, but worth every penny.

Last edited by Boosted_TiAg; 04-21-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #39
slixx1320

My Ride: AW ///M3
Send a message via AIM to slixx1320
Why is it that for every thread made someones gotta be trashing on rep wheels? If you don't have any feedbacks to give pls just leave your negative comments out. I'm sure everyone knows or have done heavy researches regarding rep wheels and what they are getting themselves into before buying them.

Now back on topic, does anyone know if 19x11" are ever gonna be released? the rep market has gone from ok to good in the recent years as far as looks.

To the OP those three you've posted are pretty good reps, in the end it all boils down to what you're trying to achieve. stance? wideness? aggressiveness?

I'm looking to pick up a set of varresteon soon only cause I like the width.
slixx1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #40
musicisfree

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP
Quote:

Reps are the worst.
False.