E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #21
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-024 View Post
Nope, i wasn't going to send them back anyway. reshipping and all that hassle, i just want new corners that fit.

Wish there was oem clear corners for preface lift....
my car came with clears front and back from the factory. but its a prefacelift sedan. not sure about the coupes.

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #22
AL.e46.330ci

My Ride: 01 330ci 5MT
Acually i did find clear oem corners

Part# : 63 12 6 904 308

wish i had found these earlier but hey gotta keep it moving
AL.e46.330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #23
Pimpwerx

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325Ci
I ordered smoked LED tails, smoked sides markers and crystal corners with the LED bulbs instead of the chromed bulbs. I ordered interior LEDs from Khoalty, and never had an issue. I hope the same goes for this order. PEACE.
Pimpwerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #24
WheyArea

My Ride: '03 TiAg ///M3
Quote:
This is way i try to go OEM everywhere i can....

All these aftermarket companies need to put more effort into making QUALITY products and putting more effort into them.

I mean if you cant replicate a product that is already proven to work perfect than i dont know....
I have an '01 330ci w/ smoked corners rom Ebay and have not had any problems whatsoever. I also have chromebulbs (the onesshaped like balloons) and they don't overheat at all. YMMV

Also, smoking OEM corners with VHT over clear Plasti-Dip seems like a viable solution that's also reversible

/// Dinan ECU /// Brembo BBK /// BBS LM 19" /// Bilstein PSS10
/// Eisenmann Exhaust /// Supersprint Mid Pip /// AC Schnitzer Spoiler
/// Hamann Lip /// AC Schnitzer CF Diffuser /// K&N CAI /// Valentine 1

Coming Soon...... OEM SSK, CSL bootlid
WheyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #25
jiggz

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M=Power View Post
my car came with clears front and back from the factory. but its a prefacelift sedan. not sure about the coupes.
No E46 4-foor came with clears from the factory, at least in the U.S.
jiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #26
jiggz

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Quote:
Acually i did find clear oem corners

Part# : 63 12 6 904 308

wish i had found these earlier but hey gotta keep it moving
Good job. Stick to your guns and skip the aftermarket sh*t out there - it's generally a waste of time and $.
jiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #27
bimminge46

My Ride: 323Ci, 89 325i ETA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheyArea View Post
I have an '01 330ci w/ smoked corners rom Ebay and have not had any problems whatsoever. I also have chromebulbs (the onesshaped like balloons) and they don't overheat at all. YMMV

Also, smoking OEM corners with VHT over clear Plasti-Dip seems like a viable solution that's also reversible
Give it some time you only registered in march unless you had your car with the corners for 8 months. It can take up to 8 months to actually burn out. (give or take)

E30 in progress.

bimminge46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #28
WheyArea

My Ride: '03 TiAg ///M3
^^ The bulbs or the actual corner housing

/// Dinan ECU /// Brembo BBK /// BBS LM 19" /// Bilstein PSS10
/// Eisenmann Exhaust /// Supersprint Mid Pip /// AC Schnitzer Spoiler
/// Hamann Lip /// AC Schnitzer CF Diffuser /// K&N CAI /// Valentine 1

Coming Soon...... OEM SSK, CSL bootlid
WheyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #29
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL.e46.330ci View Post
Got these in the mail today..

smh what a disappointment, they don't even fit.

First the bulb holder did not connect to the oem signal plug.

So i used the oem one which had a clear blub so i tried putting the bulb from the kit in and it also didn't fit the oem bulb holder.

I decided to use clear oem bulb and oem bulb holder and place it into the new clear corners.

now comes the horrible fittment, they don't even fit! the whole shape is different,the clips dont even fit in properly.

There'e is a huge gap in the front, i tried fitting these every way but just won't fit.

I had the same issues you wrote about. The bulb that comes with the corner must be inserted into your OEM light socket. It will be harder because the bulb is slightly different, but if you take your time and gently apply force, they will fit.

My driver's side corner fit perfectly, the passenger however had a slightly shorter clip. What I did was sand down the raised edge of the clip (the part that "clicks" when you insert the corner) and this did the trick. I didn't remove my headlights.

Truth is OEM parts cost a LOT more, so if you're willing to make them fit, depo lights are not that bad.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #30
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimminge46 View Post
I'd go with Jlevis's corners they are most likely made better and they back up their products.
DEPO Corners are DEPO Corners, DEPO is the manufacturer, so if anyone sells corners in clear, smoked, etc, for the E46, they are DEPO. DEPO=DEPO, they don't see our order overseas and say 'oh this is for Khoalty lets ship him these differently made ones'.

Quote:

So i used the oem one which had a clear blub so i tried putting the bulb from the kit in and it also didn't fit the oem bulb holder. I decided to use clear oem bulb and oem bulb holder and place it into the new clear corners.

now comes the horrible fittment, they don't even fit! the whole shape is different,the clips dont even fit in properly. There'e is a huge gap in the front, i tried fitting these every way but just won't fit.
1: Please, for us and everyone else, read the install guides BEFORE making purchases. I have a strong feeling that you did not especially due to the line of 'i tried fitting these every way but just wont fit', they fit only one way, there is no trick to it. The corners are plastic, your headlight surround is plastic, take the headlight out, push the corner on, put the assembly back into the car, OEM fitment. It's a very simple installation, if you at any time felt as though it was too difficult you should have taken the car and the corners to a professional body shop.

2: When you added chrome amber bulbs to your order, did you pick the right bulb type? If you picked the correct bulb type and it did not fit into the OEM bulb holder, we sent the wrong one, if you picked the wrong bulb type and the bulb did not fit in the bulb holder, that would make sense, and even then we could've swapped the bulb out

3: Please explain 'they don't even fit the whole shape is different', if you received or ordered the wrong item you should have let us know before modifying it
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #31
Lusticles

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Got these in the mail today..

So i used the oem one which had a clear blub so i tried putting the bulb from the kit in and it also didn't fit the oem bulb holder.

I decided to use clear oem bulb and oem bulb holder and place it into the new clear corners.

now comes the horrible fittment, they don't even fit! the whole shape is different,the clips dont even fit in properly.

There'e is a huge gap in the front, i tried fitting these every way but just won't fit.

You're obviously doing something wrong. They won't just slide in and be perfect like the OEM ones, you have to make them fit. I give mine an overall fitment rating of 8.8/10 since they;re not completely flush, but they're okay.

Also both the Khoalty bulb connector and the OEM connector fit in the Khoalty corner.

I don't know what you're doing over there but you need to backup and try again.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #32
bimminge46

My Ride: 323Ci, 89 325i ETA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean | KHOALTY, Inc View Post
DEPO Corners are DEPO Corners, DEPO is the manufacturer, so if anyone sells corners in clear, smoked, etc, for the E46, they are DEPO. DEPO=DEPO, they don't see our order overseas and say 'oh this is for Khoalty lets ship him these differently made ones'.

1: Please, for us and everyone else, read the install guides BEFORE making purchases. I have a strong feeling that you did not especially due to the line of 'i tried fitting these every way but just wont fit', they fit only one way, there is no trick to it. The corners are plastic, your headlight surround is plastic, take the headlight out, push the corner on, put the assembly back into the car, OEM fitment. It's a very simple installation, if you at any time felt as though it was too difficult you should have taken the car and the corners to a professional body shop.

2: When you added chrome amber bulbs to your order, did you pick the right bulb type? If you picked the correct bulb type and it did not fit into the OEM bulb holder, we sent the wrong one, if you picked the wrong bulb type and the bulb did not fit in the bulb holder, that would make sense, and even then we could've swapped the bulb out

3: Please explain 'they don't even fit the whole shape is different', if you received or ordered the wrong item you should have let us know before modifying it
I'd go with Jlevis's corners they are most likely made better and they back up their products.

So they might be the same as every sponsor but customer service isn't The corners melt with chrome dipped bulbs and eventually explode in the corner light. The DEPO corners are made in Taiwan. Why do sponsors recommend and sell bulbs that will ruin the corner lights?

E30 in progress.

Last edited by bimminge46; 05-03-2011 at 02:30 PM.
bimminge46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #33
spencers

My Ride: 2006 330i sport
Oh look, another aftermarket sucks thread!

I love my OEM clear corners, side markers, and tail lights. They fit right, function correctly, and "they just work." Never will I have to worry about them leaking, falling out, not working, or falling apart.

Don't be cheap.

Last edited by spencers; 05-03-2011 at 02:53 PM.
spencers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #34
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Quote:

So they might be the same as every sponsor but customer service isn't The corners melt with chrome dipped bulbs and eventually explode in the corner light. The DEPO corners are made in Taiwan. Why do sponsors recommend and sell bulbs that will ruin the corner lights?
He modified the product due to improper installation (unlike other vendors, we have a DIY for nearly every product, linked directly from the product page itself), and is now upset with the fitment.

We sell quite a few of these corners, and the fitment issue is nearly zero, we have essentially tied it down to improper installation, if you remove the headlight, they fit flush, same with bumper installation, the more things you remove, the better the fitment. This has nothing to do with level of service, this is simply an installation issue, with the customer being in Canada we can not really be there to assist with the installation of the corner lights.

The bulbs I have no clue, Khoa has been running them in his e46 corners since 03 iirc, still no issues, I've had them now for about 4-5 months and I don't have any issues. We've been selling the same bulbs, the same ones a lot of out competitors sell (i'd list them here if i could ), for years and years. Could there be an issue with them? Yes. Is the best way to deal with that issue writing on a forum about how terrible a company is? Probably not

So if you were me, what would you do to give the level of service you would be satisfied with? I'm really interested to get input from someone who feels that we are not doing so well. We try out best to solve every issue and treat each customer as if they are a friend, so your input would truly be taken seriously with us.
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #35
serdar255

My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
DONT GET THEM they have horrible fitment go OEM
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #36
willsbma

My Ride: 99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean | KHOALTY, Inc View Post
He modified the product due to improper installation (unlike other vendors, we have a DIY for nearly every product, linked directly from the product page itself), and is now upset with the fitment.

We sell quite a few of these corners, and the fitment issue is nearly zero, we have essentially tied it down to improper installation, if you remove the headlight, they fit flush, same with bumper installation, the more things you remove, the better the fitment. This has nothing to do with level of service, this is simply an installation issue, with the customer being in Canada we can not really be there to assist with the installation of the corner lights.

The bulbs I have no clue, Khoa has been running them in his e46 corners since 03 iirc, still no issues, I've had them now for about 4-5 months and I don't have any issues. We've been selling the same bulbs, the same ones a lot of out competitors sell (i'd list them here if i could ), for years and years. Could there be an issue with them? Yes. Is the best way to deal with that issue writing on a forum about how terrible a company is? Probably not

So if you were me, what would you do to give the level of service you would be satisfied with? I'm really interested to get input from someone who feels that we are not doing so well. We try out best to solve every issue and treat each customer as if they are a friend, so your input would truly be taken seriously with us.
My fitment sucked. Corners and the side markers. Anyone else?

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
willsbma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #37
josephi

My Ride: '02 330i
The fitment on my facelift corners was pretty good. However, the side markers would not fit in at all. After trying to modify them to fit and destroying them, I bought an oem set which fit perfectly.
josephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #38
zhpbmw

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP
I bought all clear corners, sidemarkers and r/c/r tails from Khoalty and they all fit perfectly. No gaps, easy fit, no modifications needed. Not sure why some are having a hard time with them.
zhpbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #39
Sanchjer

My Ride: 323i e46 SOLD!
Quote:
Nah it's the right ones for 01 coupe slide in.

Everything is just off on them,they dont slide in perfect like the OEM's do and like they're suppose to.

I have even tried modifying the clips and cutting them down to match the OEM but don't fit. Waste of money

Does anyone recommend a different and better brand that actually fits.

Thanks.
Go with the smoked LED corners from Stealth Auto. They're a little pricey but fit like a dream and look amazing at night. I also bought the smoked LED side markers from JLevi and they matched the corners perfectly and give the car a whole new look. In these days LED is the way to go, I'm about to order the smoked LED tail lights for my car as well.
Sanchjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #40
genuity

My Ride: '1 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchjer View Post
Go with the smoked LED corners from Stealth Auto. They're a little pricey but fit like a dream and look amazing at night.
Do they have big blocky resistors? They have been selling them on fleebay long before these resellers have stocked them.

EDIT: Just checked with them...yes they do come with inline resistor packs. So I am guessing a China company is their supplier.

Last edited by genuity; 05-06-2011 at 06:06 PM.
genuity is offline   Reply With Quote