E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
Graham Sadler

My Ride: E46
INPA error “113 over voltage at clamp 30” in shadow memory

My E46 convertible roof functions correctly when the engine is off but will not function with the engine running.

INPA reports error “113 over voltage at clamp 30” in shadow memory, which I believe from my research indicates over charging error at the battery?

I have checked the voltage while the car is running and I am getting 14.45 volts and nothing connected to the roof will work (I.E. windows dropping etc)

If I switch on all the lights including fog lights the voltage then drops to 14.2 volts while the engine is running and everything works fine with the roof.

And help with this will be greatly received.
Graham Sadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Voltage regulator issue?
Old 04-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
Phoenix330ci

My Ride: 04 330Ci Convertible
I usually see it the other way. Low voltage on 30 but it still works.

I'm assuming that it is something in the top module (CVM) prevention getting the higher voltage to keep it from damaging the module.

Sounds like your alternator is over charging the battery. I think it is supposed to be 14.0 or 14.1.

Last edited by Phoenix330ci; 04-29-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Phoenix330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
dknightd

My Ride: 2002 330 cic
A typical charging voltage should be 13.8-14.2. 14.45 is a little high. But I'm surprised it makes you top complain. Live and learn. You are probably measuring DC voltage - it is possible the voltage spikes higher temporarily. I'd probably put in a new voltage regulator. Let us know how to resolve this. Thanks
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:48 AM   #5
Graham Sadler

Thank you all for your input,

That is my next step to change the regulator, but I just couldn’t believe that the module would be so fussy with the voltage.

I have now ordered a new regulator and will post the results.

Thank you all again for your help
Old 05-02-2015, 06:50 AM   #6
Graham Sadler

I have changed the regulator and the voltage had dropped slightly to 14.35 volts so I have still got the same problems.

I have also tried a different battery which has made no difference to the voltage being generated.

Not sure what to look at next?