E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
M3sLiCkRaCeR22

My Ride: BMW
330ci conversion to M3

Hey I'm kinda new to the bmw game but here is what i. Need help with;

I got a 2002 bmw 330ci convertible, and I had the whole front end (including bumper,hood,fenders,side mirrors) redone to make a look alike m3 and now I'm working on the rear end, I just had my rear tire hub cut out and had a m3 exhaust system welded on, now my question is if I got a m3 convertible rear bumper, would it line up with no modifications?
M3sLiCkRaCeR22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
BMWjunkie77

My Ride: 2002 ///M3
Generally no, there's a diy on it, re M3 rear bumper and fender flares are wider then the 330ci and there is a noticeable difference where it meets the fender. I was going to do it with my 330ci coupe but I didn't want the difference at the fenders. The only way to avoid this problem is to get M3 rear quarters, but that's alot more work than its worth, check the diy for the conversion. My best advice is go with an aftermarket rear bumper made for your car that supports the quad exhaust

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

2002 Jet Black/Grey///M3
2002 330ci-GONE

"Bags are for dead hookers"
BMWjunkie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
M3sLiCkRaCeR22

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWjunkie77 View Post
Generally no, there's a diy on it, re M3 rear bumper and fender flares are wider then the 330ci and there is a noticeable difference where it meets the fender. I was going to do it with my 330ci coupe but I didn't want the difference at the fenders. The only way to avoid this problem is to get M3 rear quarters, but that's alot more work than its worth, check the diy for the conversion. My best advice is go with an aftermarket rear bumper made for your car that supports the quad exhaust

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Ya that's what I figured, I also herd you can cut the corners off my stock bumper and fiberglass them on the m3 one, but I'm going to talk to my auto body and see what they think, thanx for the info
M3sLiCkRaCeR22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
BMWjunkie77

My Ride: 2002 ///M3
Heres the link I was telling you about, this is everything for an M3 conversion

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=426625

2002 Jet Black/Grey///M3
2002 330ci-GONE

"Bags are for dead hookers"
BMWjunkie77 is offline   Reply With Quote