E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
glamdring71

My Ride: 2004 325ci Vert
Ultimate Cupholders in Vert?

Hi guys...still lovin' the Vert forum.

Anyway, I got a pair of E46 ultimate cupholders (yeah, yeah...no one should ever eat/drink/breathe in ther BMW. I'm a dad with kids that get thirsty.) I love the look of them so far.

However, I'm fighting a little with the fit. Not sure if I have them installed quite right. The seem a little more loose than expected. I'm in contact with Mike, the manufacturer, and he's been super helpful so far.

Any of you guys have these in the Vert? Is there any difference in our transmission hump that would affect the fit. Just thought I'd get another opinion.
glamdring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
stilurkingabout

My Ride: 2011 335i
I have one. It is definitely not tight but with the tab under the console and the bottom against the floor there is no way it can move. It has worked well for a couple of months now.
stilurkingabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
steve330

My Ride: '05 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdring71 View Post
Hi guys...still lovin' the Vert forum.

Anyway, I got a pair of E46 ultimate cupholders (yeah, yeah...no one should ever eat/drink/breathe in ther BMW. I'm a dad with kids that get thirsty.) I love the look of them so far.

However, I'm fighting a little with the fit. Not sure if I have them installed quite right. The seem a little more loose than expected. I'm in contact with Mike, the manufacturer, and he's been super helpful so far.

Any of you guys have these in the Vert? Is there any difference in our transmission hump that would affect the fit. Just thought I'd get another opinion.
Can we see some pics please?

On his deathbed:
Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.
- Oscar Wilde
steve330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
glamdring71

Here's some pics of mine. I took out a tape measure, and the crease where the plastic meets the carpet is indeed slightly higher on the driver side than the passenger side, which explains why that one doesn't fit nearly as well.

Despite being loose on the passenger, it still seems to be functional. I'm going to keep playing with it. Does anyone else's setup look similar?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DriverSide.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	401423   Click image for larger version

Name:	PassengerSide.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	401424  
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
stilurkingabout

My Ride: 2011 335i
That is exactly what mine looks like on the passenger side.
stilurkingabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
alwaysbored786

My Ride: Noble|M3|XJ
my ultimate cupholders have more of an angle to then then your guy's

*NO F-BOMBS IN SIGS*
How to refinish rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
I am proposing opening up a Paypal fund for OP. The funds will directly be used in purchasing a farm so that OP can grow some balls.
alwaysbored786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
mach.schnell

My Ride: 08/2000 330Cic x2
I've been on the fence for sometime about this. I do not like the fact there is no bottom, and I would most likely screw the top in under the console to secure its mounting position.

My wife's Hyundai has a side pocket in the door rather like ours, but there is a bump out to hold a cup. I am seriously thinking of having a plastic mold made to bump out a pocket right behind the speaker.
mach.schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
alwaysbored786

My Ride: Noble|M3|XJ
^that would be the ugliest thing imaginable.

*NO F-BOMBS IN SIGS*
How to refinish rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
I am proposing opening up a Paypal fund for OP. The funds will directly be used in purchasing a farm so that OP can grow some balls.
alwaysbored786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #9
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Mine works fine, similar to the pics posted. John

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #10
glamdring71

Alwaysbored...pics?

I've been thinking about running an aux plug for my stereo, and putting it in the armest. If I do this, and take the center console out, I may just add a couple of sheet metal screws into the cupholder tab to keep it in place. Wonder if there's enough clearance under the transmission tunnel to risk this?