E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Arrow DYNAVIN N6 Multimedia GPS System, New for mid-2014

DYNAVIN N6

Dynavin has made some BIG changes to their Audio/Video/Navigation System offerings, enough to warrant a new thread, and to hopefully keep all the relevant info and discussions in one place for future users of this forum. Please lets try to keep this thread about Dynavin and try to keep it informative, Q & A stuff....try to leave opinions and speculation out of it, there are already 100 other pages of that. Thank you in advance.

The new N6 unit is 2 years in the making, with a big emphasis on higher quality audio components, features, and improved ease of use. You audiophiles will appreciate features like 24bit burr brown D/A converters, 5 band EQ, time alignment, 4 volt preamp outputs (for those of you with aftermarket amps), basically higher end internals across the board... The result is cleaner sound, much more consistent performance, a much better user interface, and a better appearance.

....and the best part? The price went DOWN....

As always, they are available in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit the BMW E46, E39, E53, E90,, and an assortment of Audi, VW, Porsche and Mercedes models.

Details can be found on Dynavin's website, http://www.dynavin.com

Or my website: http://www.jandtdistributing.com/

There has been a pre-release thread here on this forum for a while now, lots of good info: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=dynavin

Im just going to go over the new and significant stuff here....there are lots of old dynavin threads here on the forums but to see the BIG ONE that started it all, and get a look at what the install is like, look here, all really old info now but still lots of good stuff in there:
Dynavin D90 (V5) thread: (The Big One!) http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=793437

Also you can download the install guide from our website's E46 page if you want to get an idea of what its about
http://www.jandtdistributing.com/col...6-bmw-3-series

I had to bring my old E46 out of retirement to make this thread! Some of you guys who have been here a long time will recognize this as the car from the original Dynavin threads from 5 years ago....a friend now owns her, looks better than ever, and it was time for an audio upgrade!

So lets get to it! WHATS NEW?

The "hard buttons" on each side have the same configuration as dynavin has had from the beginning but I noticed right away that the previously "clicky" buttons are now "soft touch". Subtle but nice upgrade and similar to a lot of dynavins more recent models. The knobs are similar to those on the D99 and newer, and thats a good thing, solid with a muted click as they turn. Other than that the unit has a similar "feel" and is cosmetically similar to earlier units.

Digital Music: IPOD/SD/USB/Internal HD

As part of the simplification and refinement of the new N6 user interface the ipod, SD, USB, and the internal 4GB storage functions all share the same basic interface. Simple and intuitive, with selections for artist/album/song/playlist, and in the case of SD and USB, additional selections for folders/video files/picture files. The list can be swiped up and down and there is a scroll bar on the side AND a quick jump alphabetical search allowing you to jump to any letter in the lists so large libraries are no longer a problem to navigate.

Also in the name of simplicity the ipod now just plugs into the USB plug, no more proprietary cables, no more need for lighting adapters for the newer apple devices. Just use the cables you already have. The unit comes with a USB extension to get the rear mounted USB media plug to the glove compartment, console, etc... and we also have on our website flush mount USB plugs and ipod to USB cables if you want to do something a little more custom.

Album art now displays alongside the track info. As you can see, clean and refined is what Dynavin was after here....
Interestingly apps like pandora display similarly (from my iphone at least), displaying track info and album art.

For those of you interested in higher end audio the unit will play lossless files, In my testing FLAC files played fine from USB and SD and Apple lossless (ALAC) played fine from an ipod.

Source Selection Screen

Like previous Dynavin units the MODE button brings up a source selection screen, large easy to press on-screen buttons display your most used sources for easy selection. You actually don't see these screens much....only when switching sources or getting into the settings menus.

Swiping the screen side to side reveals a selection various settings menus and ALL of the potential sources.

While the Radio, Phone, and Navigation buttons are fixed on the home screen the other two are selectable so you can put your most used functions there for easy access.

BLUTOOTH PHONE

Dynavin continues to work with Parrot on the bluetooth system, its now cleaner than ever, will display your phonebook, and has a quick alphabetical search function to jump to any letter in the alphabet. As before it works with the phone buttons on your steering wheel. There is a built in mic AND an external mic, as before I recommend using the external mic as it allows you to experiment with its location for best results.

BLUETOOTH AUDIO STREAMING (A2DP)

This is another big step forward, the Bluetooth audio streaming quality is now as good as plugging in, It connects pretty much immediately and works with apps like pandora, stitcher, etc... in addition to your standard media apps. In addition track info is now displayed on the screen:

The steering wheel control buttons work as well, including in apps like pandora. I find that this is now my go-to choice as a music source.

RADIO, CD, DVD etc...

The radio is what you would expect, 15 presets, RDS, Pretty standard stuff here. Settings for different regions etc...

The unit plays CDs, DVDs, etc.... same as before.

NAVIGATION

As with previous dynavin units we are able to offer our units with pre-installed, licensed iGo Primo on our Dynavin units. This program has long been a favorite of the "hacker community" and I know some of our competitors are pirating it but Im glad to say we can offer it to everybody in a legit legal way. The licenses are not cheap but we include Primo with all of our Dynavin units. This also greatly simplifies things like future map updates etc... as iGo is well established and has an easy upgrade path available via their website www.naviextras.com

Its clean and intuitive, easy to quickly search and enter addresses, all the maps are already on board so no internet connection is needed.

The new N6 unit has an option to overlay the current media info over the nav screen, displaying track info and album art

A few more iGo Primo Screens...

Main Menu

Main Map screen

REVERSE FUNCTIONS

As always the new Dynavin N6 will work with a reverse camera, but dynavin continues to refine this function to work with PDC (parking sensors, if your car has them) and is completely configurable within the settings menu. You can have just a backup camera, PDC, backup cam WITH PDC displayed, or nothing at all.

In cars that have canbus connected steering angle sensors the unit can even display parking assist lines that move based on steering angle, this is model dependent and remains to be seen what all cars it will work in....but for those where it does its some cool eye candy:

AUDIO FUNCTIONS

Here is where some of the biggest changes are.....Dynavin is going after a higher end market and as such has added a lot of good audio features to the new N6. Time alignment, three band bass/mid/treble AND a 5 band EQ with separate sub control, 4 volt RCAs for clean signal transmission to aftermarket amps, and 24bit burr brown D/A converters....you old school audio guys will know what thats about.

Most of you guys probably dont know what time alignment is or what to do with it but its probably the single biggest factor affecting sound quality in a car stereo environment, this adjustment allows for you to delay the speakers at the 4 corners of the car independently so that the sound from each reaches your ears as the same time....basically putting YOU in the "sweet spot". Ive been running time alignment of one kind or another for a couple decades now, in my opinion its a MUST HAVE for any higher end system. One thing to keep in mind though is setting this wrong can also make your system sound terrible so its important to at least understand the basic fundamentals of time delay before you jump into this setting. Also keep in mind this is optimizing ONE spot in the car at the detriment to the other seating positions. So if you regularly listen to music with passengers you may not want to use these settings.

5 band EQ, self explanatory:

LIGHTING AND SCREEN ILLUMINATION

Dynavins have always had matching button lighting, not a big deal, but FYI, the buttons match the other buttons in the car and dim with the dash light dimmer. Nice and OEM.

Now this next thing may not sound like a big deal at first, but for day to day, real world use....its HUGE. The LCD dimmer can be configured in multiple ways and the dimming amount is fully adjustable. There is now an onboard ambient light sensor as well. SO you can set the unit up to dim when your headlights come on OR when the sensor sees its getting dark, or you can dim it manually. There are pros and cons to each approach and the overall ambient lighting where you are at and your headlight use habits will dictate which setup will work best for you. The adjustable LCD dimmer looks great as it does not just darken the screen as most "dimmers" do, it dims the backlight, so there is no "LCD glow" at night. Between the nicely dimmed screen and the clean white/red on black interface this is the best looking aftermarket unit at night ive ever seen

A night pic in my E92,

E46 night pic.....

ETC...

You can set the boot screen to whatever you like. Put it on a SD or USB and select it as your boot screen, real simple. A word about start up.... The N6 has about a 20 second boot time BUT dynavin has done something clever, the unit starts booting when you unlock or open a door.... and it does not fully turn off until about 20 minutes after you shut the car off, it goes into a standby mode. So in regular use, running errands, that sort of thing, you rarely see the boot screen, or if you do its only for a few seconds. I like things clean and OEM so I went with this in my personal car....

Dynavin went to an oem style Fakra antenna plug on the unit so that the cars antenna can plug directly into the unit without any adapters. One less thing to install, one less thing to go wrong. For those of you with the old style antenna they provide an adapter.

There is still an OBC display but at least on the E46 it doesnt show much at this time....just a couple temps:

On my E92 there is a lot more, Im assuming this is a canbus/ibus difference thing, I guess it just depends on the particular model:

Finally, a word about updates. Dynavin is really pushing the "DynOS" thing on these units. They have built into the unit (and their new website) an easy update path so that as they develop and activate new features it will be easy to update the units. The current units are running DynOS 1.0.0. so its clear that they intend the current unit to be "generation one" for their software. Its fairly finished as is, but I guess they have things in the pipeline.

I was skeptical of this approach as marketing this as a feature obligates you to use it but Dynavin assures me they have plans in this regard and they have given me a few details about things they are working on. Dont expect huge, earth shattering, changes. But just know that there are further refinements and a few interesting features in the works and as time goes on these will be easy to apply to existing units.

Finished look:

Ill keep adding to this post as we go, ill try to make it a inclusive resource for all the new, relevant, N6 info.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 07-14-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1405344514
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
J&T Distributing

HINTS, TIPS, AND HIDDEN FEATURES

Ill be adding little hints and tricks here as I run across them and people ask about them.

REBOOT
Since the N6 does not actually turn off with the key but instead goes into standby mode for a period of time, getting it to reboot could be a tedious wait....but you dont have to, just hold down the source button for 6 seconds and the unit will reboot.

UPDATES
Go to dynavins website for the latest firmware updates, go to the product page for the unit that you have (N6-E9X in this case) and scroll to the bottom to see the DynOS firmware download link, in the case of the E46 that is here: http://www.dynavin.com/products/n6_e46.php

Its easy to update and the instructions are in the download link but to reiterate, download the files from dynavins website, extract them and put the 3 files on an SD card. Put the SD card in the MMC slot in the dynavin, go to the "info" setting on the second home page and press the blue "update now" button. Then just wait for the unit to run the update, it will restart when its done.

If you are using the same SD card that you keep your music on, delete the update files from the SD card when you are done.

US UNITS AND 12 HOUR CLOCK
DynOS 1.0.1 or later required....see above.

The dynavin by default will display all the OBC screens in metric and the clock in 24 hour format. There is now a setting in the system settings menu to select EU or USA for the unit, change it to USA and you will find that all the units are now SAE and the clock is 12 hour.

Keep in mind that there are some other regional settings such as the radio region setting (European or US frequencies) and of course all the navigation related regional settings....these settings are in the specific radio or nav settings menus.

TIME ALIGNMENT
What is time alignment? In a car you sit on the left side, placing you closer to the left side speaker, so the sound from the left side gets to your ears before the the right side and greatly reduces your sound sound quality. The goal in high end audio is to create a solid aural image of each musician at a certain point in space on a a perceived soundstage. By delaying the near side channel we can bring the sound back into "alignment" and put you in the "sweet spot."

Sitting in the drivers seat measure the distance to each speaker (the front and rear mids in the case of the E9X). In my personal car it looks something like this (your car will be different):

FL: 28in (71cm)
FR: 48in (124cm)
RL: 24in (61cm)
RR: 42in (107cm)

Take the longest distance and subtract the other distance from that number...

So we end up with:

FL: 53cm
FR: 0cm
RL: 63cm
RR: 17cm

In a recording there are sounds and musicians to the left, the right, and the center, it's the center that we are concerned with here. Most of the time the drums and primarily the vocalist are in the center. We want to select a music track that has some space in it so we don't want a heavily overdubbed recording with lots of backing vocals....too much noise.

Set the fader to the front so we are only hearing the front pair of speakers. Enter the delay numbers above and put on some music. It should sound pretty good. Then raise one side of the delay settings, say the front left. As you do this you will hear the sound change, it will become hollow, out of focus, kind of a "in a tin can" kind of sound, your front speakers are now out of phase. Then lower the setting, as you pass the correct setting you will hear the sound come back into "focus", the vocals will move to the center of the car and become more solid. Keep going and you will hear it go out of phase again. Now go back towards you original setting again and listen as the music becomes focused again. Somewhere near the number we calculated above you will find the "sweet spot" where the vocals and bass are centered in the car and solid.

Then fade the rear speakers back in a little bit at a time until the sound is full and pleasing but not at the expense of the solid centered imaging. And that's it. Now you can play around with the EQ and other audio adjustments.

Try the above and if you have never hear a time aligned system you might be surprised by what you hear....it's a different experience than you are used to....

Let me know if you have questions....I've been running time alignment in all of my personal cars for....a long time now...

NOTE: the L7 system with the MOST adapter can only accept 2 channels of input from the head unit so you will not use any delay settings on the rear speakers, just measure the front settings and use those to set the time alignment, its not perfect but is still much better than non time alignment at all!

BOOT LOGO
Due to popular demand....here are some boot logo screens you guys can use....

To put a custom boot screen on your dynavin just copy and paste any 800X480 to a SD card or USB, jpg, png, bmp, all seem to work. Put the SD or USB in the Dynavin, select the appropriate source on the dynavin and find the pic you want to use, when you are viewing it simply press the icon in the lower left and and a check mark will appear. DONE!

I made this one, use it as you like....

I dont know where this one came from....but credit to whoever made it....

Credit to Transport3r for this one...nice!

Credit to 1QuikWS6 for submitting these:

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 09-10-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
Badnuff

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Thanks for the update Jeff. Looks like the unit I ordered is set to arrive on 7/14 just in time for my birthday on the 16th!! It going in my 2002 BMW 330ci coupe, replacing the stock business CD. I'm glad I called you before placing my order otherwise everything that I had read about pointed me to the older models that some of the other websites are still offering at the same price your offering this newer version. Karry
Badnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #4
Worstenemy453

My Ride: E46 325i Sedan
Jeff, i PMed you on bimmerforums.com, Loving the new information on this unit.
Worstenemy453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
jon-k

My Ride: 2002 325i
Just received and installed last night! My initial impression is this thing is awesome! Bluetooth streaming works flawlessly and the sound is outstanding. Dynavin knocked this one out of the park. A few comments:

1.) The mic plug is a 2.5 mm mono where most I have seen are 3.5 mm mono. This probably wont affect you but I already had a mic routed to the roof with a 3.5 mm plug and didnt even realize it was different until the moment of putting the dynavin unit in . Make sure you have an adapter if needed! I will have to get an adapter and pull the unit back out to plug it in.

2.) Speaking of mic, is there an option in the settings to choose the mic source? I can't find it.

3.) There are L and R outputs for the sub. I don't have a sub yet but I ran a cable to the trunk to prep for future potential. Is the sub channel merged to mono and duplicated between L and R or will the two sub channels have different output depending on the audio from the source?

4.) I love the interface. Simple, clean, elegant. The orange theme looks right at home in the bimmer.

5.) Jeff, can you post the BMW logo image file you use for booting?

Now for my feature requests:
1.) Please give an option to put the time in 12h format. Bonus points if the date can be displayed too. Right now the clock automatically sets itself by GPS but it doesn't seem to remember the time so when you start driving the clock is blank until GPS lock is obtained. Is this a hardware limitation? Why not swing for the fences and auto-detect timezone/dst too .

2.) Would be nice if all home screen icons were customizable. I don't use radio or navigation (prefer to use my phone for that) so would be nice if I could change them.

3.) Right now when put in reverse music volume lowers. This is a nice compromise but I still think it could be better. Make it a software option to mute completely, lower volume, or no change at all. I have a camera but no PDC so I don't need volume to go lower.

4.) When I go to aux input it goes to a black screen that just says warning, do not use while driving. I have no video source hooked up. I only use aux for audio input. Would be nice if it went to a screen that looked just like the other music playback screens (albeit with no track info or music controls) so that clock, battery and signal info can still be seen).

Thats it. Pretty minor feature requests. In other words the unit is awesome and not much needs changing. Feel free to ask me anything and I try to answer if I can. Cheers!
jon-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
elfer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
removed

Last edited by elfer; 07-09-2014 at 01:30 PM.
elfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #7
rberna3486

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Jeff -great overview of this product. Can you show pictures of the reverse camera mounted on the E46? That would be great!
rberna3486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #8
J&T Distributing

My comments below in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-k View Post
Just received and installed last night! My initial impression is this thing is awesome! Bluetooth streaming works flawlessly and the sound is outstanding. Dynavin knocked this one out of the park. A few comments:

1.) The mic plug is a 2.5 mm mono where most I have seen are 3.5 mm mono. This probably wont affect you but I already had a mic routed to the roof with a 3.5 mm plug and didnt even realize it was different until the moment of putting the dynavin unit in . Make sure you have an adapter if needed! I will have to get an adapter and pull the unit back out to plug it in.

Replacing an eonon arent you......wouldnt be the first time ive heard that story....

2.) Speaking of mic, is there an option in the settings to choose the mic source? I can't find it.

There is no such setting

3.) There are L and R outputs for the sub. I don't have a sub yet but I ran a cable to the trunk to prep for future potential. Is the sub channel merged to mono and duplicated between L and R or will the two sub channels have different output depending on the audio from the source?

I would assume they are stereo but typically the sub channel in most music is mixed in mono....thats part of the reason why we can typically run a single subs. But ti would still be best to take the full signal and sum it (typically at the amp).... So you are saying you ran a single channel RCA to the trunk, not a pair? Single RCA cables are kind of unusual in car audio....fairly commonplace in home audio though

4.) I love the interface. Simple, clean, elegant. The orange theme looks right at home in the bimmer.

nah, not the one ive currently got in my unit.... the roundel is too big and its too dark. Ill probably put something better together at some point....or any of you forum users are welcome to post yours.

Now for my feature requests:
1.) Please give an option to put the time in 12h format. Bonus points if the date can be displayed too. Right now the clock automatically sets itself by GPS but it doesn't seem to remember the time so when you start driving the clock is blank until GPS lock is obtained. Is this a hardware limitation? Why not swing for the fences and auto-detect timezone/dst too .

Dynavin LOVES their 24 hour clock.....its always been that way. BUT I harassed them about it a while back and now I hear its in the works for an upcoming software update.

4.) When I go to aux input it goes to a black screen that just says warning, do not use while driving. I have no video source hooked up. I only use aux for audio input. Would be nice if it went to a screen that looked just like the other music playback screens (albeit with no track info or music controls) so that clock, battery and signal info can still be seen).

Since the aux in is Audio AND video you will have a black screen if you just feed it audio. Change the "brake" setting to get rid of the warning. You will get that warning on all video sources unless you change that setting.

Thats it. Pretty minor feature requests. In other words the unit is awesome and not much needs changing. Feel free to ask me anything and I try to answer if I can. Cheers!

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 07-09-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
jon-k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions View Post
Replacing an eonon arent you......wouldnt be the first time ive heard that story....
The Eonon did not have an option for external mic. It is actually from a Kenwood HU and also used with a Dension BT gateway (yes, I've been around the block as far as media options go).

Quote:
There is no such setting
So it will automatically use the external mic if one is hooked up? Ok makes sense.

Quote:
I would assume they are stereo but typically the sub channel in most music is mixed in mono....thats part of the reason why we can typically run a single subs. So you are saying you ran a single RCA to the trunk, not a pair? Single RCA cables are kind of unusual in car audio....fairly commonplace in home audio though
I see. Yeah I think the sub cable I ran is actually for home audio. I only plan to run one sub so I thought why run another stereo cable. I guess I have more of a home audio mindset.

Thanks for the comments. I am finally satisfied with my HU.

Last edited by jon-k; 07-09-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #10
J&T Distributing

Quote:
It is actually from a Kenwood HU and also used with a Dension BT gateway (yes, I've been around the block as far as media options go.

Thanks for the comments. I am finally satisfied with my HU.
Good....and since you have "been around the block" your comments carry some weight!

I too have been around the block but since its now my business I no longer get to have an opinion But I do think the N6 is the best option Ive seen yet.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #11
pish180

My Ride: 02' M3
Send a message via AIM to pish180
Can someone post a video of the unit in action. I would like to see how fluid the interface is and how quickly things load.

My current D99 is a bit slow and since the Navi update to it... it's pretty much useless.

How is the radio reception in comparison to the D99? Has the Tuner been changed out with a better one (Hardware wise)? There were lots of threads and posts all over the internet about radio reception.

Wish I had one.

<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->
pish180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #12
J&T Distributing

Quote:

Dug through the archives.....and found these from the "old days".....I think ill throw them on my N6 for a while to see how they look in the real world...

As I recall I made this one....

And I dont know where this one came from....but kudos to whoever did it....

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 07-09-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #13
PK8

My Ride: M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pish180 View Post
Can someone post a video of the unit in action. I would like to see how fluid the interface is and how quickly things load.

My current D99 is a bit slow and since the Navi update to it... it's pretty much useless.

How is the radio reception in comparison to the D99? Has the Tuner been changed out with a better one (Hardware wise)? There were lots of threads and posts all over the internet about radio reception.

Wish I had one.

Don't have video to share, but I'd say the unit operates quickly. The touch screen itself is not as responsive as, say, an iPhone's screen (different screen tech), and I sometimes don't press it quite right, requiring another try. But, it does respond quickly to inputs and the screen feel/responsiveness is better or on par with stock touch screens I've used in other cars.

Radio reception has been very good and the sound is much better than the stock radio.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2008 M5
2011 X5 xDrive35i Premium
2005 325Ci
2007 E92 335i (Retired)
2005 X5 4.4 (Retired)
1999 540i (Retired)
PK8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #14
pish180

My Ride: 02' M3
Send a message via AIM to pish180
Thanks for the feedback but I'd still def like to see a video if someone can post one to youtube or something and then link.

Does the unit support HD radio or can it with a software update?

<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->
pish180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #15
Badnuff

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback but I'd still def like to see a video if someone can post one to youtube or something and then link.

Does the unit support HD radio or can it with a software update?
I ordered one it should be here Monday and I plans to install it as soon as it arrives. I can try to make a video and post it as soon as I get it installed.
Badnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #16
jon-k

Quote:

Wish I had one.
Check out the video by dynavin here.

I cant comment in comparison to the D99 as this is the first dynavin I have owned but the interface is very smooth and responsive. Radio reception is great. I like that the unit has the fakra connector. No adapter/external amplifier to mess with. It just works.

Thanks for the images jeff! Ill try that first one out.

Last edited by jon-k; 07-09-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 PM   #17
J&T Distributing

Just to be clear Jon, that video is not by Dynavin.....it's a dealer using dynavins name....not associated with us, in fact they are a competitor. But I'll give credit where credit is due....it is a good video....

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 07-09-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #18
jon-k

Quote:
Just to be clear Jon, that video is not by Dynavin.....it's a dealer using dynavins name....not associated with us, in fact they are a competitor. But I'll give credit where credit is due....it is a good video....
Oops didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #19
J&T Distributing

It's ok, it's a good video and really shows off the N6 well, probably good for my business too! I've just seen it posted repeatedly around the Internet as an "official" Dynavin video....and it's not.

Who cares right? Well...It becomes an issue when people confuse that dealer with the manufacture (probably the dealers intention), it causes issues when customers misunderstand who they are dealing with, who they bought from, who to go to for questions and service, etc.... I've had people contact me for warranty reasons and get pissed when I cant/don't/won't help them because they bought "direct from Dynavin" and think I should help them.....when in reality they bought from my competitor. As you can imagine I really enjoy those situations....

Frankly though, Im sure that video helps my business more than hurts, I think its more important for you guys to see the N6 in action so that you can see how much better it is than the 'knock off' units that have become so commonplace on this forum over the last year.....I get questioned all the time, "so why should I buy a dynavin when its more expensive than the E**** that I can buy from www.sendmeyourmoneysucker.com?" There are lots of reasons, but watch that video, look at the pics in this thread, and read my posts, and I think it will be pretty obvious.

Anyway....back to the original topic.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 07-10-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #20
J&T Distributing

Quote:

Thanks for the images jeff! Ill try that first one out.

Yeah, that first one is good....Its the one I used back when the dynavins could be hacked to put a loading image on.....before they built the logos into the units on the D95/D99/etc...

The camera exposure is a bit off in this pic so it doesn't look that great but you get the idea, looks pretty good in person, right size, right colors, right brightness.

One of the guys ive been helping with his dynavin over on the Porsche forums just posted this.....makes me want to drive a Porsche just so I can use that boot screen.......not relevant here, I just thought it looked cool...

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 07-09-2014 at 11:54 PM.