E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 392 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #2681
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
the easiest spot is at the reverse light, you could find the circuit in the dash but I promise you, its more work than just running a wire from the trunk

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #2682
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Guys whats the deal with the brightness controls? The unit seems too bright at night and the brightness settings within the Radio side of the unit appear to have absolutely no effect on the screen at all. Are they supposed to work? If not, why are there?

I've got the Mute button dimming the screen but that seems to toggle between 'bright' and 'bright like the sun' rather than 'bright' and 'dim'
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #2683
J&T Distributing

the brightness settings that you are messing with are for video playback. The dimming of the screen using the MUTE button looks about right to my eyes but it of course depends on what screen you are on. If you are looking at the stock android background it is of course going to be very bright as it is bluish white. Put a dark wallpaper and your experience will be MUCH better.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #2684
MaximumWalrus

Ok, cool - that makes sense now you've explained it!

Whilst we are here, is it normal that the iPod interface orders all the tracks in a playlist alphabetically and doesnt play them in the order in the playlist? This makes compilation albums a bit of a pain to listen to. It's happy to play a playlist in the correct order of the playlist is already loaded prior to plugging the iPod into the Dynavin, but if you select a playlist through the Dynavin it orders the songs by song title not position in the playlist.

Plus - the D99 doesnt seem to have the option to replace the Dynavin logo with a BMW one?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #2685
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post

Plus - the D99 doesnt seem to have the option to replace the Dynavin logo with a BMW one?
Factory "hidden" settings menu: select aux as the source, hold down 9 on the remote, change settings accordingly.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #2686
MaximumWalrus

Absolutely awesome, thanks!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #2687
Cretster

My Ride: E90 320D
Hi all first post here and confession first is I'm an E90 owner (320D) rather than E46

Read tons on here in the last week or two about dynavins and just today received my D99 Android unit.
Got it installed and meddled a lot with it but have a few questions that I haven't found the answers to yet via search (as I've read a lot of the stuff on here but admittedly not all 130+ pages of this thread!).

1) Using Android, mine shows a thing over the top bar which shows the current radio station. It's mega annoying as it obscures the top bar. Can I disable this somehow?
2) The bluetooth dongle I've got doesn't work with it - is there a list of compatible ones that I can easily buy online (am in the uk)
3) This may be more suited to the hacking thread but I want to install the supercharger script and get problems saying "failed to mount system read/write" when I try to update to the new version of busybox, and if I try to run the script with the current verision I get errors when running the script. The system is rooted already. How do I fix this?
4) In google maps/navigation I can barely see the maps at all and the satellite view is totally washed out - initially for a moment there was a settings icon on the screen within these apps but I cannot find it now - any idea where it's hiding so I can see if it has different colour schemes etc?

Anyone know the hardware/memory spec of the unit I have? I've seen some specs posted up on here but not sure if that was for an older version or something so I don't know how much memory it has built in etc?

Thanks folks. Great forum and super useful thread.
Cretster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #2688
MaximumWalrus

You can remove the Radio station bar by going into Settings on the Radio side of the unit and unticking the 'PIP' option
Old 03-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #2689
Cretster

That's great cheers. Thought I'd already done that but obviously I thought wrong!

Be nice to get that script working so I'm just doing homework on that to see if there are suitable apps for altering permissions that might be affecting this.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #2690
necot529

My Ride: BMW 325 ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
the easiest spot is at the reverse light, you could find the circuit in the dash but I promise you, its more work than just running a wire from the trunk
So jeff run a cable from the reverse light and connect it to the plue reverse cable right? That comes out of the harness?
necot529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #2691
Cretster

One thing that was a pleasant surprise with my dynavin is that contrary to what I'd read previously the stalk function for resetting average mpg still works just fine.

Was under the impression this didn't work with dynavin and that you needed the oe head unit connected in the boot for it to still work, but I may be getting confused. It's fine anyway.

Just wish I could get either this rom flash to work. It's driving me mad!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #2692
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by necot529 View Post
So jeff run a cable from the reverse light and connect it to the plue reverse cable right? That comes out of the harness?
Yes, Connect a wire from the reverse wire on the Dynavin to the positive wire on the reverse light.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #2693
Mr_325

My Ride: 2007 X5 3.0Si
just received mine today.. wish i ordered it from Jeff and not Ottonavi
they sold me it before it was in even in stock so i had to wait two weeks
was suppose to get a back up camera but never got it (only reason i didn't ask for refund)
it showed up and it's not even Android
checked the fine print and in small font it says non-android
however the comments below state otherwise
also states its new but when i hooked it up to see if it worked i loaded the navi there "ottonavi" flashes on the loading screen and recent history shows saved POI and Addresses

i do like it still but would like android more so for the apps

as for the install where did you guys mount ur bluetooth mic?
anyone get an external hard drive to read via the USB?
couldn't get mine to read, it recognized a usb had been connected but sat at the USB loading screen?
Mr_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #2694
Gene110

My Ride: 2003 330i
Congrats on your acquisition. I haven't installed my unit yet but I understand that the Bluetooth Mic should go inside the panel above by the light switch next to the sun roof switch. Theres a small vented panel, pull down the panel and place it there. Question, did you have to disconnect the battery when installing? Also did you have any issues matching all of the plugs? Also do you have to disconnect the battery when installing?

I'm also waiting for my rear camera, I get it this week...
This is my baby, I have her 9 yrs now. Getting ready to change the front bumper and putting new CSL's and Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2 tires. I installed Dynavin D99 Android stereo this month, just received it. Looks great....
Gene110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #2695
Mr_325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene110 View Post
Congrats on your acquisition. I haven't installed my unit yet but I understand that the Bluetooth Mic should go inside the panel above by the light switch next to the sun roof switch. Theres a small vented panel, pull down the panel and place it there. Question, did you have to disconnect the battery when installing? Also did you have any issues matching all of the plugs? Also do you have to disconnect the battery when installing?

I'm also waiting for my rear camera, I get it this week...
i had no problems matching cables..
i did not disconnect the battery for the install..
i did not install the AUX RCA cables either as i had a hard enough time trying to tuck everything in for the unit too fit.
couldn't get the original screws for the OEM CD player to screw in after install either
once back up camera shows up i will have to redo it all again haha

*EDIT*
did not run the bluetooth mic there because i did not want to take apart the pillars or run wire through roof cloth

Last edited by Mr_325; 03-13-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #2696
Mr_325

anyone get .mkv or .mp4 movie files to work?
also anyone using external hard drive via USB?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #2697
rtelcean

My Ride: Skoda Octavia Scout
Hi, my first post here . I have a d99 installed on a Skoda Octavia Scout, with the December upgrade from Dynavin site. I used a 16 GB USB stick with 2 GB of mp3 on it, it worked fine. I filled it up to 15 GB of mp3, and now, when i switch to USB, it stays on the logo with the world map and does nothing. At one time, it started playing music, after 5-10 minutes. No success since then. Have any of you encountered such problems? any suggestions or solutions?

The stick is formatted in windows 7 , works well in computers, and mp3s are organized in folders, one level (does not contain folder in folder). Each folder has a jpg in it, with the album cover.

I salute this community, i do not own an BMW, hope i will be welcomed here.

Last edited by rtelcean; 03-19-2012 at 04:45 AM.
rtelcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #2698
live2ride090

My Ride: 2002 M3 E46
Sound Problem

Hey guys, I recently replaced my battery in my car since the old one was struggling. Now the sound on the Android side only comes out through the front speakers and the AM/FM plays on the rear speakers?? Kind of odd I tried disconnecting the battery again and reconnecting it but still the same thing. I will try and reload the software again and see that helps. Any ideas on what else I should try? My Dynavin was working fine before I changed my battery. Please let me know, thank you.
live2ride090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #2699
bloody2k

My Ride: VW
It has been up a couple of times.

Think you can solve it by going into settings and unmark Navi sound
bloody2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #2700
Harkoon

My Ride: M5
Hi.
I have recently installed the dynavin D99 android .

My issues are :

When trying to connect to Wifi it only searches for a few seconds and then it displays "unable to search network connections" ..
I have tried resetting the unit but same issues reoccur. I have been searching the web for several days but havent found any soulutins.
This is a major issue , because without wifi , the point of android is pretty much dead..

Second issue is that my iPhone 4s connects fine with the unit , but the handsfree fuctions are with no sound from either end of the call .. Also the Phonebook fuction does not work exept for the recent call list , that list works fine ..

Anybody out the who can help me ? Any solutions ?

Last the bluetooth , when i try to connect the bluetooth on the android side .. Is just displays turning on for a few seconds and switches of ..

Help please ..
Harkoon is offline   Reply With Quote