E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 332 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #2701
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkoon View Post
Hi.
I have recently installed the dynavin D99 android .

My issues are :

When trying to connect to Wifi it only searches for a few seconds and then it displays "unable to search network connections" ..
I have tried resetting the unit but same issues reoccur. I have been searching the web for several days but havent found any soulutins.
This is a major issue , because without wifi , the point of android is pretty much dead..

Second issue is that my iPhone 4s connects fine with the unit , but the handsfree fuctions are with no sound from either end of the call .. Also the Phonebook fuction does not work exept for the recent call list , that list works fine ..

Anybody out the who can help me ? Any solutions ?

Last the bluetooth , when i try to connect the bluetooth on the android side .. Is just displays turning on for a few seconds and switches of ..

Help please ..
Do you have the correct wifi adaptor plugged in.

Android doesn't have bluetooth you also need an adaptor and for the iphone thing I think you need to read the whole thread again.

All this information is in the thread.
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #2702
323 on m6

My Ride: BMW 323i
Can this navigation control the temperature?
323 on m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:12 AM   #2703
listermint

double post..
Old 03-26-2012, 03:12 AM   #2704
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323 on m6 View Post
Can this navigation control the temperature?
No ??

Why would it! the temp controls are right below it.....
Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #2705
Harkoon

My Ride: M5
Hi.

My unit came without the USB Wifi adapter .. I have purchased a D link dwa 140 which it says om the dynavin web page is compatible . Tried connecting it to the USB in "GPS USB " but nothing no light in the adapter .. Do i need to install drivers? How can i do that ? Been trying to read my way but over 130 pages is alot...
Harkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #2706
wellzieRS4

My Ride: bmw e46 m3 coupe smg
Ive just purchased a d99 android, I'm starting to get to grips with it, one thing i would like to know is can i download apps to my pc and then put them on the memory card and load them on to the d99? if so how. i have signed in to google play but when i go to download a app it say it will download them to my device, can i add my PC as a device I'm a bit confused any help much appreciated
wellzieRS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #2707
jmejiaa

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellzieRS4 View Post
Ive just purchased a d99 android, I'm starting to get to grips with it, one thing i would like to know is can i download apps to my pc and then put them on the memory card and load them on to the d99? if so how. i have signed in to google play but when i go to download a app it say it will download them to my device, can i add my PC as a device I'm a bit confused any help much appreciated
You'll need to get the .apk to do this. If you're rooted you can get backups from your phone.

There are also other ways of getting app files which I won't go into here.(It's pretty common knowledge though)
Old 03-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #2708
wellzieRS4

My Ride: bmw e46 m3 coupe smg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
You'll need to get the .apk to do this. If you're rooted you can get backups from your phone.

There are also other ways of getting app files which I won't go into here.(It's pretty common knowledge though)
Hi could u email me some info im not quite sure what to do
spraywells@ntlworld.com
Thanks
wellzieRS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #2709
Dominic_M

My Ride: e46 M3
I have a problem where my GPS is not getting any satellite signal, i have done the update (I THINK), my time shows right and have also select the automatic opition after selecting the right time zone and the time.

I have even put my entena outside on the car and no signal is received.
I have read through most of the pages here but I have a question.
How do i know what firmwork I have installed?

I think it is installed but nothing seem here to say where to verify the current firmware version.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1136959...66016544650818

please see pics.. and let me know if I am missing something.

Last edited by Dominic_M; 03-30-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Dominic_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #2710
jateshk

My Ride: M3 Vet 100% options
OK installed it today. Cant get the sirius app to work very frustrating! Anyone get sirius to work?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #2711
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic_M View Post
I have a problem where my GPS is not getting any satellite signal, i have done the update (I THINK), my time shows right and have also select the automatic opition after selecting the right time zone and the time.

I have even put my entena outside on the car and no signal is received.
I have read through most of the pages here but I have a question.
How do i know what firmwork I have installed?

I think it is installed but nothing seem here to say where to verify the current firmware version.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1136959...66016544650818

please see pics.. and let me know if I am missing something.
check and double check the antenna connection, if its good then the GPS antenna could be bad, or the gps module in the dynavin could even be bad.....contact your dealer for repair or replacement.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #2712
Dominic_M

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
check and double check the antenna connection, if its good then the GPS antenna could be bad, or the gps module in the dynavin could even be bad.....contact your dealer for repair or replacement.
PM Sent.
Dominic_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #2713
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
I responded to your PM and then came here and realized that it was part of a conversation from this thread! After reading the PM and putting it together with your post here, I would say re install the ROM so that all the settings go back to their defaults, I think you might have got a setting off somewhere....

email me with your future troubleshooting though to avoid confusion.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #2714
dennis11bmw

My Ride: 2006 325i (E90)
Exclamation Sirius Satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
OK installed it today. Cant get the sirius app to work very frustrating! Anyone get sirius to work?
I have an iPhone 4 and installed the Sirius App on it (for just $30/yr). I plug my iPhone into the iPod cable from the Dynavin and select "iPod" as the source. Then load the Sirius app and, Voilla, all of your favorite Sirius content plays, albeit through the iPhone.

ALso, I too recently got my Dynavin D99 with Andriod, and ran into alot of undocumented (or poorly documented) problems. Like a previous poster, my Google navigation would not work (way too blurry & could not zoom). So I purchased Copilot and also purchased the North AMerica maps. At first I tried to download the maps via the Dynavin, but way, way too slow.

A good trick is to buy a 16gig SD card and an cheap SD card reader/writer with USB hookup. First, install the Copilot app into your Dynavin from the App store. It will load the basic files to your blue SD card on the Dynavin. Now remove the blue SD 2gig card from the Dynavin. Hook up the SD card reader to your PC. Load the blue SD card in the reader, and copy all of its contents into a separate folder on your PC. Then remove the blue SD card, insert your new 16gig SD card, and copy all of the files you got from the blue SD card on to the new 16gig card. Now you have a "bootable" SD card with 16gigs instead of the meager 2gigs that comes with the Dynavin, and you have the base files for Copilot on it too.

Now go online with your PC and buy your favorite map(s). Download the Copilot Central application to your PC, and sign on to your Copilot account. Once signed in, you can check "My Account" and "Purchase History" to confirm your map purchases are in a blue font. At this point, however, Copilot Central does not know you have an Andriod device. You can't hook up the Dynavin to your PC. Instead, remove the 16gig SD card, plug it into the reader, plug it into your PC, and now Copilot Centeral recognizes the SD card as an Andriod device (how about that??). Now you can download (very, very, quickly) all of your maps to the SD card, and they will be automatically unpacked and installed into the property Copilot folders on the SD card. You also get to retain a copy of the maps on your PC.

Now just remove the SD card from the reader, plug it into your Dynavin, turn on the power, press the NAV button, go to your Andriod apps, and load Copilot. And bang, all your maps are there and Copilot works perfectly. No more waiting in line on the USB modem.

I believe this technique will work with just about any app that needs a large file download.

Happy driving!!

dennis11bmw
dennis11bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #2715
BLAZD1

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Hi I'm new to the forums. I just purchased a d99 android unit and i am having problems. The android side keeps crashing, I'm not sure why. Its been doing this since i completed the install friday. Also i bought CoPilot North America, it was working for a while. Now it won't even start. Maybe corrupted? It's a shame because this unit looks very promising. I have read the majority of this thread before i bought the unit and can't recall anyone having these problems. If you have the time i recorded a 5 min video. :56 to 2:15 is just blank I wanted to show it rebooting

Thanks

Last edited by BLAZD1; 04-08-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: forgot to mention :56 to 2:15 is just a blank screen so skip if you want just wanted to show it rebooting
BLAZD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #2716
crristic

My Ride: e46 320i
Anybody knows if there is any way we can mod the radio side as well? I am thinking about a new theme rather than new functionalities.

I am really reluctant to believe that it's not possible to have the d99 theme on d95 because of hardware limitations...

Thanks
crristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #2717
azmp1

My Ride: 01 M3, 03 A4, 08 X5
^i think i remember reading that it was not possible. but Jeff can confirm. it woul dbe real nice to have a better theme on the Dynavin side... this one on d95 is pretty crappy.
azmp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #2718
dennis11bmw

Smile Copilot Problems, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZD1 View Post
Hi I'm new to the forums. I just purchased a d99 android unit and i am having problems. The android side keeps crashing, I'm not sure why. Its been doing this since i completed the install friday. Also i bought CoPilot North America, it was working for a while. Now it won't even start. Maybe corrupted? It's a shame because this unit looks very promising. I have read the majority of this thread before i bought the unit and can't recall anyone having these problems. If you have the time i recorded a 5 min video. :56 to 2:15 is just blank I wanted to show it rebooting

Thanks
Let's take each problem I see.

1. The Dynavin does not have an internal Internet modem built in. You must use the wifi "dongle" that came with your unit. It is just a USB wifi modem that can connect to a wifi hotspot within range. I have an Apple Airport wifi modem at home, and it is within range. I also have a Verizon 4g mobile hotspot that I carry in the car and works well all over Houston, even while driving around. From your video, it does not look like you have the Dynavin USB modem plugged in, or if you do have it plugged into the NAV USB cable, you are not within range of a wifi hotspot. Initially, Copilot needs to connect to the Internet to download the Copilot core program. Many other Andriod apps, like the App Store, will need this Internet connection running using the dongle and a wifi hotspot within range. Without an active Internet connection, there's not much Andriod can do except hang and give you error messages. So, first get your dongle plugged in, get within a wifi hotspot the dongle can pick up, and connect to that hotspot. Once you are connected, the Dynavin will show you are connected, both in the Wifi Settings menu, and with a small icon along the top line of the display. Get this going first and make sure it is a good, steady connection.

2. Once you are connected to the Internet, use the Store shopping bag (I use Google Shop, works well) to download the Copilot app. It's only about 19.7 Meg's, so it should not take long. Once you have successfully downloaded the Copilot app and installed it, the first time you start Copilot it will start looking for a Copilot map. It first looks at the NAV SD card. If you have not copied a Copilot map to that card, Copilot will then try to connect to the Internet to download one. Take note: it takes forever to download a map using the dongle connection. So that is why I used the Copilot Central program on my PC to quickly download maps, and used an SD card reader to copy the map to the SD card. Once the map is installed on the SD card, you insert the SD card into the NAV SD card slot, and restart the Dynavin. Now when you go to your apps on the Andriod side and select the Copilot program, it will immediately pick up the map on the SD card. Copilot is a great program once you get it installed properly.

3. Copilot did give me an "Invalid Library" error last week, so I just uninstalled the whole program, and following the above steps, I was back running in about 10 minutes.

4. In you video, it looks to me that my have a loose or poor power connection on the yellow wire. If the Dynavin loses power even for a split second, it will turn off (blank screen) and will reboot once power is restored. I would definitely check that first.

Over the weekend I added a Kenwood rear-view camera. Works great. Initially I tried a cheap "wireless" camera, but could not get the camera to even come on. A real POS. the Kenwood is a 1 wire system that I ran through the trunk and tucked the wire under the doorsill plastic trim. Works like a charm.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #2719
jateshk

My Ride: M3 Vet 100% options
so android was working now and now all of a sudden every app gets forceclosed. will have to reset rom. I hope this doesnt happen to often! Otherwise im liking it. still trying to figure out best nav software to use.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #2720
dennis11bmw

Talking Dynavin and Andriod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
so android was working now and now all of a sudden every app gets forceclosed. will have to reset rom. I hope this doesnt happen to often! Otherwise im liking it. still trying to figure out best nav software to use.
Initially, my Dynavin did alot of weird, undocumented stuff. After just 2 weekends, everything is groovy. I loaded Launcher App (trial, not Pro), and my app loading problems have vanished.

So far, on my Dynavin, I have the radio, the CD player (which also plays DVD movies!), the internet via the USB dongle and wifi (particularly with the Verizon 4g hotspot), bluetooth for my iPhone 4, a connection adapter for the iPhone 4 for my Music, Sirius satellite and Pandora on the iPhone, Copilot Navigation, fully functioning back-up camera, the 16gb SD card, and it all looks like it came from the BMW factory. I ran the USB connector and the iPhone connector through the ash tray, and all stores nicely when not in use. And all of it works with my stock e90 steering wheel controls.

I've tried several Nav programs available for Andriod.

The best so far is Copilot, and for just $24.99 you get all of North America, including Canada. Copilot is very easy to use and the interface screens and maps are about as good as it gets.

Another good one is iGO Primo, BUT they do not make it for an Andriod application. Only for the WinCE platform.

They say Google Navigation is good, but on my Dynavin, I could not change the zoom level. It was totally zoomed in and the road was just a big blurr. It was totally unusable for me. (read:sucked)

I tried NavFree, and after all the time it took loading maps, it would not work.

I looked at other stuff, and having had several car manufacturer Nav systems for several years now, Copilot is very good.

Get Copilot, get the Copilot Center software for the PC, get the SD card and reader, download your purchase to the PC, it will install on the SD card reader, and you are all set to go. As cheap as the maps are, you could probably load the whole world onto a 16gb SD chip.

Nothing now left to work out but the USB connection and the other SD card slot for music, videos, etc.

I'm either lucky, persistent, or don't know when to give up and quit.

Good luck. Stick with it.