E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 388 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #3001
jwbeck17

My Ride: 2005 330xi
It looks like my front SD reader is failing now. The issue is that the Android system got corrupted again an I can't reinstall without the sd reader. Tried several cards that have worked with it before, but no luck.

Any suggestions here? I bought it from Jeff, but not sure if it is out of warranty, or even if it had one! Jeff has helped me greatly with my past problems though. Is working through the USB connection possible?
jwbeck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #3002
Ddutchman

My Ride: 2005 X5 E53
My new Dynavin has the same issue. The NAV slot does not like the SD's I am using that should be thinner than older versions, but it scrapes, pinches, holds on too tight and only sometimes recognizes the card. I have tried two of the same brand. One of them broke when I used my Swiss Army knife pliers to pull it out. Anyone else have problems with their readers? The mmc slot works fine.
Ddutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #3003
Jorgenaz

My Ride: Golf V
Hello everyone, I apologize for my bad English.
I have a VW GOLF V with a radio Dynavin D99. I heard that gives to install Android, but the seller wants 100. In the Dynavin site there has Android 2.2 to download ...
Can I install Android on my radio?
How do I do that?
I have to unlock the radio or something?
Jorgenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #3004
Jorgenaz

My Ride: Golf V
Hello everyone, I apologize for my bad English.
I have a VW GOLF V with a radio Dynavin D99. I heard that gives to install Android, but the seller wants 100. In the Dynavin site there has Android 2.2 to download ...
Can I install Android on my radio?
How do I do that?
I have to unlock the radio or something?
Jorgenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #3005
jmix

My Ride: M3
Hello, not to revive an old thread, but if there is a new one around, please point me to it.

I am running the Dynavin android and was successfully able to download the latest version of CoPilot Premium app off the Google Play store via wifi. However, when I open the app it tells me I need to load maps onto an SD Card. I searched their website high and low and was unable to find a way to do so, so I logged a help ticket. This is the response I got in reply:

"CoPilot 9 is not compatible with CoPilot Central. In addition neither CoPilot or its associated maps can be loaded to an SD card. You can directly install CoPilot from www.copilotlive.com/store/com.alk.copilot.alkdirect.apk". Has any members successfully installed the latest version of CoPilot with maps? Please help!

Thanks
jmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #3006
jakobitto

My Ride: VW PASSAT 3C
hello people i try to update my dynavin d99 android with version release_20111209 and use my personal sd card 1gb the system started tu updated but block at 96% and he kill me my navigation android???what i did wrong???what is the solution for my problem...help please the android dont work i have black ecran...
jakobitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #3007
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Just start over and do it again, make sure the battery does not go down when you are doing this so leave the car running.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:48 PM   #3008
jakobitto

My Ride: VW PASSAT 3C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions View Post
Just start over and do it again, make sure the battery does not go down when you are doing this so leave the car running.
i already try tree times and dont work i dont use the software easeus software for format my sd card.....

its a possibility???or not????
jakobitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:57 AM   #3009
jmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobitto View Post
i already try tree times and dont work i dont use the software easeus software for format my sd card.....

Ok, since I JUST got my dynavin working with CoPilot 9 Premium I feel like I should give back to this thread...

Yes, you should use the EaseUS software to reformat your sd card.

"Format a 2 GB card as FAT (FAT16) with 64kb allocation." I would format it to these exact specs.

Although a 1GB should work too. I would start there.

Last edited by jmix; 03-26-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:36 AM   #3010
jmix

2014 Dynavin CoPilot Update

Since the last thorough CoPilot install instructions were written when CoPilot Central was still applicable, I figure I'd give an update on how to install the current version of CoPilot 9 Premium, which is NOT compatible with any PC applications (I don't think). I'd like to thank this whole thread for Dynavin resources especially Jeff, that guy appears to be a saint.

For those searching for Dynavin help, I just successfully loaded CoPilot 9 Premium onto my Android Dynavin E99 unit. Here's how I did it: I emailed CoPilot support and they told me to download the latest .apk file here: http://www.copilotlive.com/store/com....alkdirect.apk. I loaded this onto a MicroSD card via an SD card adaptor on my laptop. I then took out the MicroSD and put it into the Dynavin's LEFT SIDE MicroSD slot (The one that says Navi). Keep in mind you will STILL need access to wifi to set up. Also keep in mind that the car doesn't need to be running, BUT the key should be set to Position 2 (the one right before starting the car. I noticed my Dynavin android constantly crashed in position 1). Once you load up the android side, open the Launcher app (should come with the latest dynavin update... from 2011 lol) and install the .apk from the MicroSD slot. Once that is finished, open the CoPilot app. You will need a license key, which I purchased online beforehand on the copilot main website. Once you enter that in, you can sign up or log in using an existing ID. Once THAT is complete, it will prompt you to download maps. I ordered the USA maps, but only needed to download the region i was from. Props to CoPilot for breaking them up so it's not a huge 1 GB download all at once! It also downloads to the MicroSD card automatically, so you will need to keep your SD slot in. I'll probably download the rest of USA later but didn't want to drain all my car's battery in one swoop . Good luck!

Last edited by jmix; 03-26-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #3011
1`
Banned User

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobitto View Post

for formatting and partitioning I HIGHLY recommend to use gParted Live (FREE) and NOT any windows-based software.

Burn the .iso to a CD using ImgBurn (also FREE) and then boot your PC into gParted Live.

Choose all the default settings as gParted Live is starting up, and choose 02 for British English (unless the most recent version of gParted fixed this to regular english).

You need to know a bit about partitioning to use it, but it really isn't that difficult.
1` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:44 AM   #3012
DropTopKingM3
OEM ///Member

My Ride: All German
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbeck17 View Post
It looks like my front SD reader is failing now. The issue is that the Android system got corrupted again an I can't reinstall without the sd reader. Tried several cards that have worked with it before, but no luck.

Any suggestions here? I bought it from Jeff, but not sure if it is out of warranty, or even if it had one! Jeff has helped me greatly with my past problems though. Is working through the USB connection possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddutchman View Post
My new Dynavin has the same issue. The NAV slot does not like the SD's I am using that should be thinner than older versions, but it scrapes, pinches, holds on too tight and only sometimes recognizes the card. I have tried two of the same brand. One of them broke when I used my Swiss Army knife pliers to pull it out. Anyone else have problems with their readers? The mmc slot works fine.
My SD slot isn't working either. I haven't been able to use the nav feature at all and the current card is stuck in there. Is there anywhere I can ship this to and have it repaired or is my unit done with now?

Thanks in advance.

^Don't say my car is topless, say the t!tties is out^
DropTopKingM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #3013
~evil_evooooo~

^ dude I feel you.... I haven't been able to use my android side for so time. My front speakers don't work. And my navi turns black...horrible. If some one can link we're I can get the rom side to work. I'd be very thankful!! I have one of the 1st units of android Jeff provided. Plz help...
~evil_evooooo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #3014
Boil_galpin

My Ride: Audi a3 3.2 v6
Finally finished my custom android board

Completely replaces the android board inside ,

Custom ICS android install , custom touchscreen driver (written by me , have the source if anyone is interested , this should work on any android rom ) ,

Boil_galpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #3015
~evil_evooooo~

That's amazing. How you do it?
~evil_evooooo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #3016
jpark74

My Ride: 330XI
Just get one of those pure Android head units from eBay. Most of them come with a gig of ram and are at least dual core 1.2 Ghz. Blows dynavin out of the water.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jpark74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #3017
Jeyb

Hi i have one problem with my dynavin d99 device, the andoid was working fine, one day i press the navigation button to go in the android enviroment and the screen shows only the word DYNAVIN lighting and nothing else, what hapen? Thanks
Jeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #3018
konflikt

My Ride: e39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark74 View Post
Just get one of those pure Android head units from eBay. Most of them come with a gig of ram and are at least dual core 1.2 Ghz. Blows dynavin out of the water.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
wait a minute, this driver is suitable for android 4.4 on native dynavin board ?
konflikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:39 AM   #3019
iansevilla

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Internet connection?

How do you connect to the Internet on this unit. I installed a used dynavin android a few days ago. Tried connecting to hotspot on my iPhone 5 using USB cable. Wifi on the unit coudn't detect any devices? If I were able to upload the co pilot on the sd card. Will my navigation work even if I'm not connected to the Internet? This unit just stressed me out. Bluetooth, DVD, iPod and phone Bluetooth works fine except for the navi? I feel that this was a waste of money. So frustrating when you coudn't get the navigation to work? Huhuhu
iansevilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #3020
Ddutchman

My Ride: 2005 X5 E53
Dynavin Android and Dongle for Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansevilla View Post
How do you connect to the Internet on this unit. I installed a used dynavin android a few days ago. Tried connecting to hotspot on my iPhone 5 using USB cable. Wifi on the unit coudn't detect any devices? If I were able to upload the co pilot on the sd card. Will my navigation work even if I'm not connected to the Internet? This unit just stressed me out. Bluetooth, DVD, iPod and phone Bluetooth works fine except for the navi? I feel that this was a waste of money. So frustrating when you coudn't get the navigation to work? Huhuhu
Navigation will work without internet. It relies on the attached GPS antenna. The presupposes you have got igo or Copilot type GPS software. Google will not work without the internet, of course.

Did you get a wifi dongle when you purchased your unit? The Dynavin unit is very picky about said dongle. I learned that when I installed the unit and misplaced the dongle. I tried another one, but the firmware/software is set up to only use the one that comes with the unit.

I am certain a handy Android programmer can address that, but the Dynavin Android model seriously sucks. I could not use my iPhone 4s or 5s as a hotspot, either. AND when I changed from an Android phone to my 5s I could not pair the phone. And because the OEM software did not want to work properly my vendor sent me the ///AVIN firmware.

It is even worse in that there are two sides to the Dynavin Android model. There is an Android operating side and a WINCE side, I think. That is evident when you try to get the thing to keep time. Depending on how you set it your GPS clock may use GMT.

System sounds good, but the touchscreen is also crap, and the cpu is five years out of date; even when I bought it new a year ago. Dynavin has a new unit just out that is cheaper and is supposed to be updated.

I am sorry I learned too late that both Dynavin and Eonon units are cheap Chinese crap that we are charged enormous amounts on. Better off cobbling a NEXUS 7 together if you want Android.

Good luck with your system. It is certainly not PnP or for the faint of heart.

I am going to pre-order a Navdy. I figure for $300 it cannot be worse than the Dynavin, and it is a whole lot cheaper.
Ddutchman is offline   Reply With Quote