E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 391 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #1881
azmp1

My Ride: 01 M3, 03 A4, 08 X5
Hey guys... checking in. Just wanted to post up and say, no issues on my end the last 2 months or so. Running good with just Copilot installed and no FC's.

Any big news (new firmware or any other major improvments)? Sorry, have not had the time to read through the last 15+ pages...
azmp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #1882
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Had another Force Close today. Thats about 6 for me now
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #1883
natered

My Ride: 325i
can someone give me some help or insight into an issue i am having with tethering.
To begin with i am turning my iphone 4 hotspot on, the dynavin is finding it, it attempts to connect, authenticate then goes to wifi status of disconnected and my personal hotspot to disabled, i have tried pretty much everything to get an internet connection. also according to my service provider here in canada it says tethering is only available over bluetooth or usb connection any insight or help would be greatly appreciated!
natered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #1884
natered

now also getting a timed out error 351 when trying to use my ipod also when I connect my iphone4 to the dynavin through the provided chord I get a warning on the screen that it is not optimized
Old 09-06-2011, 03:40 AM   #1885
Dictato

My Ride: 318d
Quote:
Originally Posted by natered View Post
now also getting a timed out error 351 when trying to use my ipod also when I connect my iphone4 to the dynavin through the provided chord I get a warning on the screen that it is not optimized
Check if your iPhone has enough charge, then go to main menu and choose iPod again. Usually this helps me getting rid of this error on my itouch 3g.

Btw. your provider is talking BS, wireless tethering is also possible on the iPhone. I think for the iPhone you need a special app, I'm not sure, I've android. Search in this thread for, they discussed this a while back. Also don't use any encrypting (like WPA2 etc.) while sharing wifi and no password, is just easier and faster.
Dictato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #1886
natered

Thanks for the reply I got the wifi working so nice I am able to use it. The iPhone is now working now as well under iPod but I have to disconnect and reconnect to make it work.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #1887
natered

at this screen how do i change the temperature into celsius? please let me know thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #1888
ketchup

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by natered View Post
at this screen how do i change the temperature into celsius? please let me know thanks
Tap the temp display>menu>settings>weather settings> then select use metric.

Last edited by ketchup; 09-08-2011 at 01:30 AM.
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:38 AM   #1889
mc4ren

My Ride: E46 320D
Dynavin was planning to sell Android units in Q3, isn't it? I guess they will be developing a firmware for those units; can we expect to use the same in ours?
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #1890
panatha1908

My Ride: BMWe46
I have had all sorts of issues with the Dynavin since I bought it (June) - wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Firstly the support for it (at least in Australia) is appalling. My unit has never worked (GPS does not see any satellites) and the SD card on the radio side does not see the SD card. The installer couldn't fix it but the seller (Jason) who I bought it from doesnt want to know or look at it. So im stuck with a non working unit and am told it is my problem!!!! There's $1000 down the drain for a crap unit that doesnt work. Even the part that does work is crap. The screen is so bright you cant see anything when the sun is out and you're meant to scroll but that is impossible because the screen is so touchy as soon as you touch it it clicks into it (rather than scroll). I've never bought such crap in my life and the only useful bit that would be ok the GPS does not work at all - but I am told that is my problem!!! Stay away from this product people!!!
panatha1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #1891
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
I smell spam
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #1892
quang88

My Ride: 330CIC
panatha1908 - i got the Dynavin Android off Jason, faced one issue with the canbus box which he replaced very quickly. What gps app are you using? i'm using iGo and haven't faced any issues, have you tried an offline gps app?
quang88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #1893
natered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
Tap the temp display>menu>settings>weather settings> then select use metric.
Thanks this worked!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #1894
ketchup

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by panatha1908 View Post
The installer couldn't fix it but the seller (Jason) who I bought it from doesnt want to know or look at it. So im stuck with a non working unit and am told it is my problem!!!!
If you couldn't install it yourself, you probably were better off with WinCE or OEM Nav.

As for your GPS problem, it could be just a faulty GPS antenna. Try to have it replaced by your dealer. Google maps and Navigation are going to require internet service. You will need to download iGo to your SD card and install it to have a offline Navi app.

Sounds like people should be staying away from Jason, rather than the Android unit.

BTW, did you join specifically to complain about the Dynavin? Because that's exactly what your first four posts are...

Last edited by ketchup; 09-08-2011 at 11:41 AM.
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #1895
Defuse

My Ride: 02 M3
Does anyone know of a way to change the voice that is used for navigation? Something a bit more human sounding would be fantastic.
Defuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #1896
opey

My Ride: 04 M3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by panatha1908 View Post
I have had all sorts of issues with the Dynavin since I bought it (June) - wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Firstly the support for it (at least in Australia) is appalling. My unit has never worked (GPS does not see any satellites) and the SD card on the radio side does not see the SD card. The installer couldn't fix it but the seller (Jason) who I bought it from doesnt want to know or look at it. So im stuck with a non working unit and am told it is my problem!!!! There's $1000 down the drain for a crap unit that doesnt work. Even the part that does work is crap. The screen is so bright you cant see anything when the sun is out and you're meant to scroll but that is impossible because the screen is so touchy as soon as you touch it it clicks into it (rather than scroll). I've never bought such crap in my life and the only useful bit that would be ok the GPS does not work at all - but I am told that is my problem!!! Stay away from this product people!!!
1. plug and play unit and you needed an installer?
2. on the android unit, the SD card is used by android not the radio side, even though the option is still there.
3. if the screen is too bright, turn down the brightness
4. the glare is annoying but not THAT bad
5. use the stylus to scroll, or your fingernail. works just about flawless. also try recalibrating the screen
6. the nav programs on android are internet based and need internet access to work. you should have known that before buying.

IR/IR 6 speed

Last edited by opey; 09-08-2011 at 05:44 PM.
opey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #1897
mc4ren

My Ride: E46 320D
New firmware: 20110804

In case you didn't notice, Dynavin's site shows a new firmware:
http://www.dynavin.com/android.php

The bad news is that the link points to the file 20110517.zip which is the one we already know...
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #1898
Mattbuyshouses

My Ride: 2004 330i
Did you verify that the files in the .zip were exactly the same? Maybe they just kept the same zip file name for some odd reason.

You're correct - these look to be the same files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	416431  

Mattbuyshouses

Last edited by Mattbuyshouses; 09-11-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Mattbuyshouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #1899
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
I think they updated the website before they updated the file.....give it a few days. Ill contact them to see what they are up to.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #1900
Mattbuyshouses

My Ride: 2004 330i
Have they told you they were releasing updates, Jeff?

Mattbuyshouses
Mattbuyshouses is offline   Reply With Quote