E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
One of our members needs a kick in the ass

I hate to do this but things like this motivate me when I lose focus.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...056&highlight=
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 854
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I hate to do this but things like this motivate me when I lose focus.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...056&highlight=
well, we can both look condescendingly down on other people. Sometimes I feel bad for thinking it, but it motivates me to think less of other people.
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Ghostie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 599
My Ride: What else?
I had a Mcdonalds Angus burger+fries and a coke AND popeyes fried chicked+red beans & rice for dinner last saturday (Eggs benedict & beignets for Brunch )......I'd been waiting ALL week for my cheat day.

Last edited by Ghostie; 04-28-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,204
My Ride: BMW
Solly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Why are you so weak minded. Stop eating bullshit and start working out again.


just because you make a bunch of dumb ass threads in the health and fitness forum doesn't make you the preacher of health..... Thats for Dwass and Rich, you damn newb. Cheat days are for your mental health, everyone needs them every once in a while. Junk food is ok when done in the right moderation.

BOOM ROASTED




__________________

Last edited by JJR4884; 04-28-2011 at 10:28 AM.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
m3oneday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 9
My Ride: FORD EXPLORER
Just wondering, would it even be a huge difference if you ate what you wanted for the day BUT fit all your calories and hit just about your macros. I don't see why you cant enjoy your food, sure there is "clean" food but hey if you eat what you want and still get your get your desired goals isn't that great anyways?

Agreed with JJR on cheat days, it takes hardcore dedication to go through months and months without having some sort of cheat meal. I can see if someone has a cheat day and just binges but I don't see whats wrong with a cheat meal.

If you can go through months and months of training and still be on a dedicated diet, I give you props dude I don't think I could make it even like a month or two haha. But I still workout and do what I can.
m3oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
lol this thread is a joke obviously and you guys are assuming this is his cheat day.

You don't need to tell me about cheat meals or days.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3oneday View Post
Just wondering, would it even be a huge difference if you ate what you wanted for the day BUT fit all your calories and hit just about your macros. I don't see why you cant enjoy your food, sure there is "clean" food but hey if you eat what you want and still get your get your desired goals isn't that great anyways?

Agreed with JJR on cheat days, it takes hardcore dedication to go through months and months without having some sort of cheat meal. I can see if someone has a cheat day and just binges but I don't see whats wrong with a cheat meal.

If you can go through months and months of training and still be on a dedicated diet, I give you props dude I don't think I could make it even like a month or two haha. But I still workout and do what I can.
You will probably get similar results but you'll probably hit your calories for the day in 1.5 meals.

You also shouldn't go weeks without cheat meals. It's good to have them every once in a while or weekly.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
m3oneday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 9
My Ride: FORD EXPLORER
Well you can eat those foods and kind of still stay in range? Ive never had either of those but fast food I guess really aint that great of an option. Well hopefully it was his cheatday, or the next day did some cardio lol.

EDIT: Yeah pretty much 1 meal for the day if you have the fastfood. I guess thats okay if your willing to take the hit for the day. I dont mind eating 1 meal for the day, been doing it for a while so the hunger goes away and you get a massive feast at the end of the day haha.

Last edited by m3oneday; 04-28-2011 at 11:15 AM.
m3oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
BeRzErKaS
Registered User
 
BeRzErKaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 324
My Ride: 330ciC; Boosted E36
Send a message via ICQ to BeRzErKaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Solly





just because you make a bunch of dumb ass threads in the health and fitness forum doesn't make you the preacher of health..... Thats for Dwass and Rich, you damn newb. Cheat days are for your mental health, everyone needs them every once in a while. Junk food is ok when done in the right moderation.

BOOM ROASTED




That's not the point.

XKxRome0ox created his own H&F thread for the purpose of receiving motivation and guidance from other members. He makes fantastic progress in between his numerous "cheat weeks" and persistent search for aches and pains to use as an excuse to skip workouts. If you follow his thread the trend is pretty clear.

DylloS is right. Get back on the wagon XKxRome0ox! Summer is just a few weeks away!!
__________________

BMW 3 Series - "Welcome to the club."

Supercharged E-dIrTy-6 325is 5sp
Drop Top E-sPorTy-6 330cic Step
BeRzErKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
m3oneday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 9
My Ride: FORD EXPLORER
Haven't had a chance to peak at his thread so apologies!
m3oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3oneday View Post
Well you can eat those foods and kind of still stay in range? Ive never had either of those but fast food I guess really aint that great of an option. Well hopefully it was his cheatday, or the next day did some cardio lol.

EDIT: Yeah pretty much 1 meal for the day if you have the fastfood. I guess thats okay if your willing to take the hit for the day. I dont mind eating 1 meal for the day, been doing it for a while so the hunger goes away and you get a massive feast at the end of the day haha.
I still think that's a bad idea. Although some debate it here, I think eating more meals spread out throughout the day is much better than eating one big meal at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
That's not the point.

XKxRome0ox created his own H&F thread for the purpose of receiving motivation and guidance from other members. He makes fantastic progress in between his numerous "cheat weeks" and persistent search for aches and pains to use as an excuse to skip workouts. If you follow his thread the trend is pretty clear.

DylloS is right. Get back on the wagon XKxRome0ox! Summer is just a few weeks away!!
Thank you. That's why I said a kick in the ass aka motivation to get back on track.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #12
m3oneday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 9
My Ride: FORD EXPLORER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I still think that's a bad idea. Although some debate it here, I think eating more meals spread out throughout the day is much better than eating one big meal at the end of the day.

Thank you. That's why I said a kick in the ass aka motivation to get back on track.

Well not sure if its anything but its I do eat during the day, after lifting protein shake and some fruits here and there, but nothing major, then a big meal at the end of the day. Here is a link to where I got the diet from, I think its kind of a twist of Intermittent fasting. Its called the warrior diet. Here is a link from a guy from BB interviewing the author, I thought it was pretty interesting read, I'd say I agree with most thing he says but I'm not expert haha. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler49.htm

I also have the book, which a pretty interesting read, I dont follow the diet EXACTLY, but just a rough idea of it and its been working good so far for cutting, but it might just be because I'm exercising in general (lost weight/lifts gone up). Just curious, how come you think its better?

Last edited by m3oneday; 04-28-2011 at 11:44 AM.
m3oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Ahh
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
i eat cheat meals errr day get at me solly
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #15
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,204
My Ride: BMW
solly you know i'm busting your balls sweetheart

xoxo

berzerkas... just shut up.... shut up... shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up j/k
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #16
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
ive been sitting in a 2 hour class having wine, cheese, crackers and chocolate
__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #17
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
i eat cheat meals errr day get at me solly
your cut diet is a cheat meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
solly you know i'm busting your balls sweetheart

xoxo

berzerkas... just shut up.... shut up... shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up j/k
haha i cried
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #18
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,199
My Ride: is totaled
my feelings are hurt

i'm going to eat junk food to console myself
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
my feelings are hurt

i'm going to eat junk food to console myself
stop it.

What workout will you be doing tonight?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #20
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,199
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
stop it.

What workout will you be doing tonight?
working on my stomach muscles... as in digesting some yummy food
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use