E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
Nando323

My Ride: 323i '99
Rokkor coilovers

so i bought some Rokkor coilovers the other day and installed them today. figured i try them out since they were only like 350. besides the fact that i set the front wayyyyy to low. they aren't that bad for a budget kit. will post pics later and a full review in a couple of weeks when i get a real feel for them.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
E.fo.six

My Ride: 2005 325i e46
Talking

Pics? Review? I'm interested in the Rokkor's
Old 07-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
IrocThe325i

My Ride: chirps when I turn
as am I!

How do they handle? Nice and stiff? Bouncey?

I got sport springs and Koni STRTs and the car is still a boat!

Go Drifting Or Go To Hell

Last edited by IrocThe325i; 07-27-2011 at 03:24 PM.
IrocThe325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
southpaw

My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
In before Sooo Lowwww

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
SWINFORD
///PIITB

My Ride: Low Life Marie
Send a message via AIM to SWINFORD Send a message via MSN to SWINFORD

| Hypnotyzd FB |Tischer BMW|
SWINFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
IrocThe325i

My Ride: chirps when I turn
idgi???

Go Drifting Or Go To Hell
IrocThe325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
ramtin325i

My Ride: 2002 325i
I just might go with these for low.

hmmm
Old 07-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocThe325i View Post
VERYYYY SICKKK LOVE YOUR CAR!

great review
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.fo.six View Post
Haha, that's funny **** right therrr. Your 3 looks baddass with the 5's on there. Are you runing 205/40's? Was thinking of going this route, now I know what it will look like since we got the same cars. Where'd you get the front airdam? I was gonna go the ZHP route, but i like how yours cleans up the frontend. Looks good bro thanks for the info ps. Are your rockin' the Rokkor's or racelands?
Thank you
Currently running 225/40 rears but its going to be 205/40s all around real soon. I got the front lip off a member here, that setup is off now...I currently have a custom Mtech2. And they are Rokkor coils!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtin325i View Post
I just might go with these for low.

hmmm
Do it already
Old 09-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
I hate to $hit on your Rokkin parade, but $350 for a full set shocks and springs? If someone offered you a new BMW for $15k, wouldn't you be suspicious? If 100% of what you want is a cheap drop for shows or whatever, these should do just fine. If you want to guarantee a safe car with predictable handling, buy your suspension from a real manufacturer.

Personally, I would only recommend buying critical components like suspension parts from major, experienced manufacturers. Especially the ones that have long histories supplying BMW assembly lines. For example - Sachs/Boge, Lemfoerder and Bilstein. Rokkor is NOT a manufacturer. Someone above said "you don't even notice the boucniess anymore cause you get used to it". What a lame excuse. Why should I dump $350 of my hard-earned money on a bouncy suspension? Proper suspensions are supposed to prevent your car from bouncing!

Edit: just realized this thread is over a year old. Well, I'll just keep it all here anyway.

Last edited by LeMansteve; 09-27-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: oops
LeMansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansteve View Post
I hate to $hit on your Rokkin parade, but $350 for a full set shocks and springs? If someone offered you a new BMW for $15k, wouldn't you be suspicious? If 100% of what you want is a cheap drop for shows or whatever, these should do just fine. If you want to guarantee a safe car with predictable handling, buy your suspension from a real manufacturer.

Personally, I would only recommend buying critical components like suspension parts from major, experienced manufacturers. Especially the ones that have long histories supplying BMW assembly lines. For example - Sachs/Boge, Lemfoerder and Bilstein. Someone above said "you don't even notice the boucniess anymore cause you get used to it". What a lame excuse. Why should I dump $350 of my hard-earned money on a bouncy suspension? Proper suspensions are supposed to prevent your car from bouncing!

Edit: just realized this thread is over a year old. Well, I'll just keep it all here anyway.

Teens will be teens. 95% of these Rokkor guys are 323/325 drivers in their teens. They usually have roof racks, guys leaning hard inside the cars, and those cars happen to be at meets (the whole point of "stancing"--to get MAD ATTENTION N PROPZ YO!)

Lean hard, sag low, and peep mah ride mah N&&&&A!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sw.JPG
Views:	745
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	471322  

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 09-27-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post

Teens will be teens. 95% of these Rokkor guys are 323/325 drivers in their teens. They usually have roof racks, guys leaning hard inside the cars, and those cars happen to be at meets (the whole point of "stancing"--to get MAD ATTENTION N PROPZ YO!)

Lean hard, sag low, and peep mah ride mah N&&&&A!
I'll admit, I was there once with my previous car (Acura). I mis-matched Koni yellow struts with some Eibach lowering springs and had a bouncy ride for a few years. But man, my car was LOOOWWW ! Worst car modding decision I have made and I certainly learned from it.

Last edited by LeMansteve; 09-28-2012 at 02:29 PM.
LeMansteve is offline   Reply With Quote