E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
kuade

My Ride: 328i
Lighting control module, turn signal indicator problems

Hi all, this is the first time working on my BMW.

I was sitting there idling in a parking lot using my cell phone and all of a sudden my right blinker started blinking on its own. I started playing with the turn signal switch and hazard switch. Left turn ok, hazards ok, right blinker operating in middle and right turn position. I turned on the headlights and the right indicator turned off. That trick only lasted about 10 minutes. Now the right indicator will not turn off I have done some research and I see that the light control module may be the problem. While in the parking lot I removed all three (functioning) bulbs and drove home listening to the relay click really fast all the way home. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and that did not fix the issue. Any suggestions? I have ordered a used switch on ebay for $30 but that may not fix it.

1999 BMW 328i Titanium Silver.
auto, sports package.
all stock, no mods yet.

Thanks all

Last edited by kuade; 05-12-2011 at 08:22 PM.
kuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Sounds like an LCM issue to me. Wish you posted this before buying a new LCM though. The LCM might work, but you'll definitely get a tamper dot in the cluster. And it might not come coded properly for your cars equipment. If the new LCM fixes the turn signal issue and you want to eliminate the tamper dot, get in touch with me. I can recode it to your cars VIN and options
Old 05-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
kuade

My Ride: 328i
I bought a turn signal switch ($29 on ebay), I have not purchased an LCM yet. If at all possible I would like to de-solder/solder on a new transistor if need be. I am pretty good with schematics and an iron. Any thoughts?

Thank you
kuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
BMDel40

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
my turn signal indicator in my cluster is not working although my lights outside are

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
Sounds like an LCM issue to me. Wish you posted this before buying a new LCM though. The LCM might work, but you'll definitely get a tamper dot in the cluster. And it might not come coded properly for your cars equipment. If the new LCM fixes the turn signal issue and you want to eliminate the tamper dot, get in touch with me. I can recode it to your cars VIN and options
This problem started yesterday my sinal indicator not working my cd changer going out im desperate what can it be..???
BMDel40 is offline   Reply With Quote