E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 06:53 AM   #61
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MPOWERED View Post
Just tuning in here. I am also shopping for my fist hand gun and today looked at the xd9, the px4 storm beretta and a smith & wesson. I really liked the beretta but have seen no mention of it here. What is your take on it? I'm looking at a 9mm, obviously, but can someone school me on what exactly the dif is between a .40 and .45. Thanks!
I purchased a PX4 because I wanted another pistol, and I thought that I may as well get one that would swap magazines with my CX4. I ended up selling it and only use Glocks now. I agree with all of what Reed said, and it definately has a long trigger pull and reset. It always took quite a few rounds to acclimate after shooting the Glock and then switching to the PX4.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #62
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
I'm glad to see that stuff I put out helps people shlt in comfort.
Jusrmt read your post while taking morning dump haha super helpful though thanks for all the knowledge you share on here.

I'm going to the range monday to test a bunch of 9mm. First gun and I want something extremely reliable and accurate. More concerned with feel and comfort and reliability then price.
What other guns should I test besides a glock 17, 34 and xdm 9?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #63
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
I really was looking to get the 92A1 and still may. I've also introduced the G17 (two tone please) into my choices as well as the M&P. Glock may be the original but the S&W M&P has improved significantly on their design IMHO.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #64
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
I really was looking to get the 92A1 and still may. I've also introduced the G17 (two tone please) into my choices as well as the M&P. Glock may be the original but the S&W M&P has improved significantly on their design IMHO.
To be fair I like both, but the M&P isn't really an improvement on their design since it's not a polymer framed weapon. IMO the M&P is it's own beast.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #65
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Jusrmt read your post while taking morning dump haha super helpful though thanks for all the knowledge you share on here.

I'm going to the range monday to test a bunch of 9mm. First gun and I want something extremely reliable and accurate. More concerned with feel and comfort and reliability then price.

The M&P9 for sure. If you want to stay with striker-fired weapons, you can also look at the Kahr line of guns, though they are more geared towards CCW use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
The Gen4 is Glock's response to the M&P. While the Glock still reigns champ in the trigger department, I think the M&P offers a very capable and viable alternative with some better options. The backstraps on the M&P are much better than those on the Glocks, the grip feels a little better (though it's not tacky enough-needs grip tape), and the ambidextrous capability is a huge plus. I hate to admit this, but I am actually considering getting an M&P45 because I simply cannot grip the Glock 20.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 05-20-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #66
BobbyM

My Ride: Oh Boy.
I have the Springfield XD 9mm sub compact also the 45 compact, I got the 45 first loved it so much then I had to get the 9 mm. Very reliable an accurate guns to own, the 9 is two tone an the 45 is all black. But everyone has there opinion an likes an dis likes, u have to get what suits u best.
BobbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #67
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Reedo - I just bought a MP45 4" with thumb safety. I'll tell you how it shoots this afternoon. Might be taking m3powered shooting, if he's up for it.
Rush4theYehO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #68
3MPOWERED

My Ride: E46 M3
Got your text and sent one back atcha. Thanks, Jon.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #69
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
If he's just buying one gun for range fun and not for concealed carry . . I'd go with the nicest .357 revolver that he can possibly afford. The cost will hurt at first, but in the long run he'll never regret it. Something like an 8 round Smith & Wesson performance center 627 for $1,200:

brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #70
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:

HK. More expensive. But nice.

I love my HK45.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #71
ThEnder

My Ride: has twin turbos
Quote:

Sig P226 - my favorite 9mm. I totally get the point of polymer guns, but I prefer the weight and stability of a metal frame. IMO the Sig is easier to control in rapid fire than any of the polymers. Like Glocks, Sig's reliability is legendary.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #72
Chris-TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEnder View Post
Sig P226 - my favorite 9mm. I totally get the point of polymer guns, but I prefer the weight and stability of a metal frame. IMO the Sig is easier to control in rapid fire than any of the polymers. Like Glocks, Sig's reliability is legendary.
My P229R and P220 both gave me headaches. I don't think I'll ever own a Sig again.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #73
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
I had a P226 for a while. I just couldn't get used to the trigger. I've spent so long with Glocks and 1911s that I've gotten used to short reset triggers. Wound up selling it. I know guys who have Sigs and absolutely love them though. It's like HK, Glock or really anything else- everyone has their favorite.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #74
spellbound

My Ride: 323i Sedan 1999
Own both .357 and .40 sig 229's. Love them both, especially because of the da/sa. I could never get comfortable with the plastic guns. The glocks feel too light, and I have had two xd subs in .40 that ha to be sent back because of broken barrels. I carry the .357 on duty and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

Blessed be the Lord my Strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144: 1
spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #75
Chris-TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
Own both .357 and .40 sig 229's. Love them both, especially because of the da/sa. I could never get comfortable with the plastic guns. The glocks feel too light, and I have had two xd subs in .40 that ha to be sent back because of broken barrels. I carry the .357 on duty and love it.

You own TWO P229's? Why didn't you just get a factory .357SIG barrel and swap?
Old 05-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #76
spellbound

My Ride: 323i Sedan 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-TK View Post
You own TWO P229's? Why didn't you just get a factory .357SIG barrel and swap?
One is my duty gun, simple plain(.357), the other is a full custom,'trigger job, duracoat, grips. Concealed carry, off duty.

Blessed be the Lord my Strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144: 1
spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #77
Chris-TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
One is my duty gun, simple plain(.357), the other is a full custom,'trigger job, duracoat, grips. Concealed carry, off duty.

Got it
Old 05-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #78
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Glock 19. Great tool.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #79
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Okay, no matter what I shoot, I'm finding that a 1911 delivers .45acp more comfortably than any other weapons system. That said, the G26 i purchased a half year ago is extremely accurate. It totally shocked me how quick that gun is to shoot. I managed to put 10 rounds in a group where all the shots were touching at (only) 7 yards. Surprised the hell out of me!
Rush4theYehO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #80
nightrunner20

My Ride: will eat your dust
Send a message via AIM to nightrunner20
9mm was the first gun I bought. Ruger sr9. I also have a glock 17, ruger gp100 .357, walther p22, and bertta .40. But hands down the sr9 is my favorite to practice with. No problems at all. No jams, very accurate. Super slim comfortable grip compared to my glock 17 9mm.
The 9 feels like a great first buy gun. Because its right in between not too little and not too much

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App