E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
eRock79

My Ride: '02 330Cic 5sp Man
SoCal South Bay Bimmers

Here it is guys (and hopefully some girls...eventually), our own "general chat" thread.

I guess we can put to rest the Bimmerfest 2011 caravan thread and throw all our dirty laundry here.

So how about that South Bay meet? In June on a week night or week end?

**Edit**
Alright, it's on for Thursday, June 2nd @ 7:30pm, Torrance Crossroads, Torrance, CA (corner of Crenshaw and Lomita). Head over by the In N Out so we can grub.

Quote:
Are you waiting on me?
Quote:
"Yeah, Thai Dishes is one of my dad's restaurants."

"Really? What kind of food do they serve?"

"Uhm...Thai."
'02 330Ci 5sp Vert**310 South Bay Bimmers Meet**310SBB Facebook**562 Meet
eRock79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Nice job getting this started. I'm up for a meet, but I'd also like some help from South Bay Bimmers.

1) Any local garage mechanics that have experience and are willing to change out my pulleys and do a VANOS job for a reasonable price?

2) Who is your favorite INDY shop? I know there have been a bunch of threads on this overall but let's target the South Bay. I've gone to South Bay BMW for CPO, and I've used Auto Werkstatt for my previous 5 series.

As for a meet, some weekend day at Crossroads would be good. Before summer gets here, maybe the top floor of the parking lot in Hermosa Beach by the pier could be a good spot.

EDIT: One other thing. There is a "south bay" in NorCal. Maybe we could call this thread SoCal South Bay Bimmers. You might have to ask a moderator to change it by now.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete

Last edited by johnrando; 05-17-2011 at 06:23 PM.
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
eRock79

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
Nice job getting this started. I'm up for a meet, but I'd also like some help from South Bay Bimmers.

1) Any local garage mechanics that have experience and are willing to change out my pulleys and do a VANOS job for a reasonable price?
-I haven't done any work on my car yet.

Quote:
2) Who is your favorite INDY shop? I know there have been a bunch of threads on this overall but let's target the South Bay. I've gone to South Bay BMW for CPO, and I've used Auto Werkstatt for my previous 5 series.
-I've been wondering the same thing and this is part of the reason that I wanted to start this thread; to share insights and information.

Quote:
As for a meet, some weekend day at Crossroads would be good. Before summer gets here, maybe the top floor of the parking lot in Hermosa Beach by the pier could be a good spot.
-That sounds like a good idea. Would a Saturday night work?

Quote:
EDIT: One other thing. There is a "south bay" in NorCal. Maybe we could call this thread SoCal South Bay Bimmers. You might have to ask a moderator to change it by now.
-Great idea John! I didn't even think of that. I'll see what I can do. **Edit** Title has been changed!

Quote:
Are you waiting on me?
Quote:

"Uhm...Thai."

Last edited by eRock79; 05-17-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
pbcoco

My Ride: 325i
I'm in south bay too. I would love to come out to a meet. Depending on time and day I'll see what I can do.
I need to do some work on the car too (fuel filter and change front bumper). Maybe we can help each other out.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
pbcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
bombguy

My Ride: 2004 M3
Lets shoot for a weeknight, cuz my weekends are totally hemmed up.

As far as shops in the area, I go to Auto Werkstatt...best prices and the owner is a straight shooter. SouthBay BMW can suck a d!ck.

As far as install work goes, I'm more than willing to help out/do installs for people on the side. I have done coilovers, RTABs, springs and other bolt on mods. I don't touch any internal engine stuff however. Whatever I haven't done, I can usually figure it out and follow a DIY to accomplish it.

Last edited by bombguy; 05-18-2011 at 01:15 AM.
bombguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
norman_100390

My Ride: 2000 328ci
Send a message via AIM to norman_100390
SWEEEET! SOCAL SOUTH BAY BIMMERS!! nice job erik!

yea id prefer a weekday.... weekeneds are usually loaded... Night meet prefered. we should keep it simple like first monday of the month or etc... just givin my 2cents

anyone ever vinyl wrap their interior trim? i was planning on trying it out this summer. jut dont know if its hard or not.

Matte Kidney Grills, Matte Badge, Matte Crome Trim, M3 Front Bumper Conversion, HID Fog Lights 35w 6000k, BMW OEM 197 BBS RX 18', Bridgestone Potenza RFT 255/35REAR 225/35Front, Smoked Corner/Side Markers/LED Eagle Eye Smoked Tail, CCFL Angel Eyes , K&N Drop In, 35% Window Tint, Zenon Dome Lighting, Nitrogen Filled, Hertz Audio
norman_100390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #7
eRock79

Would a Thursday night work? It's close to the weekend so hopefully our work weeks would be winding down.

Thanks for offering your services BombGuy. I have a lot to learn so pardon my ignorant future questions. It's great to see that we might have a tight-knit little group of South Bay'ers. :-)

Quote:
Are you waiting on me?
Quote:

"Uhm...Thai."
Old 05-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
norman_100390

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRock79 View Post
Would a Thursday night work? It's close to the weekend so hopefully our work weeks would be winding down.

Thanks for offering your services BombGuy. I have a lot to learn so pardon my ignorant future questions. It's great to see that we might have a tight-knit little group of South Bay'ers. :-)
yea Thursday night sounds okay with me

what about the time? something like 730ishhhh

Matte Kidney Grills, Matte Badge, Matte Crome Trim, M3 Front Bumper Conversion, HID Fog Lights 35w 6000k, BMW OEM 197 BBS RX 18', Bridgestone Potenza RFT 255/35REAR 225/35Front, Smoked Corner/Side Markers/LED Eagle Eye Smoked Tail, CCFL Angel Eyes , K&N Drop In, 35% Window Tint, Zenon Dome Lighting, Nitrogen Filled, Hertz Audio
Old 05-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
norman_100390

here are the BIMMERFEST 2011 pictures.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6290268...7626625703845/

Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombguy View Post
Lets shoot for a weeknight, cuz my weekends are totally hemmed up.

As far as shops in the area, I go to Auto Werkstatt...best prices and the owner is a straight shooter. SouthBay BMW can suck a d!ck.

As far as install work goes, I'm more than willing to help out/do installs for people on the side. I have done coilovers, RTABs, springs and other bolt on mods. I don't touch any internal engine stuff however. Whatever I haven't done, I can usually figure it out and follow a DIY to accomplish it.
I was thinking of buying some H&R Springs and Biltstein shocks. Is that an install you could do?

And, as for Auto Werkstatt, I agree. Kenny is a very straight shooter, sometimes I just want things done a little cheaper, like a VANOS. Besian says it's a 4 hour job any many people say it's a DIY, but Kenny wanted 6 hours for it. I have no issues with that, but I was hoping to spend much less.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete

Last edited by johnrando; 05-18-2011 at 11:06 AM.
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
e46_driver

My Ride: 05' ZHP coupe
yeah you guys im screwed my clutch is slipping big time i do all my own work but this is my first BMW and im kind of intimidated to do the job my self
Old 05-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
norman_100390

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46_driver View Post
yeah you guys im screwed my clutch is slipping big time i do all my own work but this is my first BMW and im kind of intimidated to do the job my self

No more warranty?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
eRock79

Quote:
That blows bud. I was talking with Norman about doing my own clutch but my buddy, who is a mechanic, said not to unless I wanted to spend all the extra time figuring stuff out. I may pay him to do it once I figure out which clutch I wanna go with. I'd suggest paying someone. My .02 cents.

Quote:
Are you waiting on me?
Quote:

"Uhm...Thai."
Old 05-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
lildiddy06

My Ride: bmw 330 ci
sup everyone, im down with thursday
lildiddy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
e46_driver

My Ride: 05' ZHP coupe
no my warranty ended at the end of last year and im afraid thats the route im going to have to take the biggest dilemma im having is choosing which clutch to purchase im hearing bad things about the UUC

i want to by a lightweight flywheel but havent gotten feedback as to if its worth it for a car that is daily driven
Old 05-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
norman_100390

Quote:
no my warranty ended at the end of last year and im afraid thats the route im going to have to take the biggest dilemma im having is choosing which clutch to purchase im hearing bad things about the UUC

i want to by a lightweight flywheel but havent gotten feedback as to if its worth it for a car that is daily driven
at least you have to option on choosing! im stuck with a FULL AUTOMATIC! hahahaha

Old 05-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
bombguy

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
I was thinking of buying some H&R Springs and Biltstein shocks. Is that an install you could do?

And, as for Auto Werkstatt, I agree. Kenny is a very straight shooter, sometimes I just want things done a little cheaper, like a VANOS. Besian says it's a 4 hour job any many people say it's a DIY, but Kenny wanted 6 hours for it. I have no issues with that, but I was hoping to spend much less.
I could definitely do a spring and shock install for ya. That not a problem.

Yeah, sometimes Kenny does charge a bit, but I honestly think he does the extra time just to be thorough. Plus he does a complete check of the car everytime he has the car in the shop. I typically only use him for internal engine an technical issues. Nuts an bolt stuff I usually handle.

Sent from space
bombguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #18
eRock79

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_100390 View Post
at least you have to option on choosing! im stuck with a FULL AUTOMATIC! hahahaha
Gotta get yourself a real car then! Haha just kidding.

Brian, I was reading your posts about the UUC and when I change mine, I'll most likely stay really close to, if not exactly, OEM. I don't do track stuff (although autocross looks amazing & fun), so I don't need fancy stuff. I'd rather spend money in other areas, ya know.

Quote:
Are you waiting on me?
Quote:

"Uhm...Thai."
Old 05-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #19
eRock79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombguy View Post
I could definitely do a spring and shock install for ya. That not a problem.

Yeah, sometimes Kenny does charge a bit, but I honestly think he does the extra time just to be thorough. Plus he does a complete check of the car everytime he has the car in the shop. I typically only use him for internal engine an technical issues. Nuts an bolt stuff I usually handle.

Sent from space
Whats their prices like? I don't have anything to compare them to.

Quote:
Are you waiting on me?
Quote:

"Uhm...Thai."
Old 05-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #20
norman_100390

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRock79 View Post
Gotta get yourself a real car then! Haha just kidding.

Brian, I was reading your posts about the UUC and when I change mine, I'll most likely stay really close to, if not exactly, OEM. I don't do track stuff (although autocross looks amazing & fun), so I don't need fancy stuff. I'd rather spend money in other areas, ya know.
Haha hey I think we all need a real car E46 M3! Lol