E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
1/2past3CI

My Ride: 09 Audi A5
Just installed Stoptech Stage 2 kit.

First off this is my first post since selling my old 330ci and having my new M3. Found a sweet Imola over Cinnamon and made the switch!!! Anyway, the first round of mods consisted of window tint, a Dice Mediabridge with spec-doc, and the Stoptech Stage 2 kit from Modbargains.com.

http://www.modbargains.com/Stoptech-...de-BMW-E46.htm

Soon I'll have my new Avant Guarde M310s that Elliot from Modbargains sold me. I hate the idea of cleaning brand new wheels everyother day to get the grimey dust off of them so I picked up this brake kit and I have to say that I am very happy. Not only are these pads incredibly low dusting, but brake power is at least as good as OEM. I figured with the slotted rotors and the stainless steel lines, it would make up for any lack of grip the lower dusting pads would have, and again, I could't more satisfied.

Thanks again Elliot for the help. Anytime I need anything, you will be the first person I contact!!!

Here are a few pics of my new M3.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
wow thats crazy cinnamon on a red m3
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Mulatto325

My Ride: 325ci convertible
I also have the stop tech stage 2 kit. I have the cross drilled rotors and stop tech ss lines. I only did the fronts for now. I went with the axis deluxe pads. After shopping around I also went with modbargins. Could not be happier with my purchase. OEM stopping power with almost no dust. I actually have to clean my rears more the my fronts.

My tops down, its upset.
>>>Mulatto325<<< Build thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...087&highlight=
Mulatto325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
so is a bbk basically for fade? if your spending all that money for just oem braking performance ??
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
BartenderPlease

My Ride: 328i Sport
Send a message via AIM to BartenderPlease
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
so is a bbk basically for fade? if your spending all that money for just oem braking performance ??
BBK is mainly for fade prevention and for handling repetitive abuse. They are thicker and wider, which helps them handle repeated exposure to extreme and sudden fluctuations in the disc temperature. Being that most BBK's have multi-piece disks, they will also find a truer center line (because of the heat-handling abilities of a two piece disk). They will most likely stop shorter as well, because of the larger diameter. But remember the weakest link when stopping a car is the tire, so the stickier the tire, the better the BBK will be put to use I think.

The Stoptech Stg 2 kit is not a BKK upgrade, though.

Awaiting install: hot Cat Cams spec regrind, headers, Alpha-N tune
| BBS | FK | Rogue Eng | K&N | Exhaust | 330i Brakes |
| b30 manifold | ported head | FX-R | Orion V4 | LEDs |
| Alcantara | Khoalty Knob | JL Audio |

Last edited by BartenderPlease; 05-23-2011 at 09:25 PM.
BartenderPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
SIX2MIDNIGHT

My Ride: 91 E30, 86 335
where in wisco u from? i grew up in oak creek, south of milwaukee

91 318is (m50 swap),99 Chevy Silverado, 95 M3 - SOLD, 95 325i - SOLD, 85 535i - SOLD, 12 VW GTI - LEMON LAW, 93 Lifted Jeep Cherokee - SOLD , 04 is300 turbo - SOLD, 99 Dinan Supercharged E36 M3 - TRADED, 04 330CI ZHP - SOLD, 98 Dakar E36 M3 - SOLD,
SIX2MIDNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
1/2past3CI

My Ride: 09 Audi A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIX2MIDNIGHT View Post
where in wisco u from? i grew up in oak creek, south of milwaukee
I live in Oshkosh right between Milwaukee and Green Bay.