E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
BayrischeMotorWerk

My Ride: 320d
How the e46 was made

Hi

dunno if you allready know this (german) movie, but I think it might be interesting

regards,
Tom
BayrischeMotorWerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
MasonAlexanderR

My Ride: 2000 323cic
wish they were speaking English hah, other than that ya its pretty cool.

Your daddy's dream car
MasonAlexanderR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
trancenation

My Ride: 330i
great movie! wish i had seen this a long time ago
trancenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Posted for the nth time, and for the nth time, I'd love to have someone translate that into english. Someone on this site has got to know german!

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
BayrischeMotorWerk

I speak them both, german and english, but translating it would take too much of my time, which I
could spend modifying my BMW
But if there are small clips that has a special interest to you, I could how ever translate it.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
johnrando

Awesome offer! I'll check it out and post a time stamp if there is something in particular.

AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
Old 06-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
benzedid

My Ride: 2001 BMW E46 318i
Send a message via Skype™ to benzedid
i watched this movie a year back. me too i only hoped these guys could speak english. lolz. the best i like is when they connect the chassis to the engine and drive train.

benzedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:30 AM   #8
BayrischeMotorWerk

For me the most important part in this movie has been the dipping of the chassis into the KTL anti corrosion bath.
I live in a country that for month has temperatures around the freezing point. This means cars here, gets easy rust
on body and parts that are not good protected.
Previously I had Ford and they made so bad anti corrosion protection, that I decided to switch to BMW.

I also like to see how they install good parts into the BMW's that is very rare to see in Denmark. The price for a car
in Denmark is 3 x the price in most other countries. This means, most cars here has almost NOTHING installed. The
radio is still a casett play without CD, climate control is manual, there are no leather seats, no xenon light, manual
gear shift, back seat can't be lowered, and so I could go on. I guess the guys at BMW are laughing their a.... out
when they install the BMW's for the danish market. Those cars are really ripped for everything of value.

But great movie, I just missing to see how they manufacture the engines. Could be interesting to see. From the movie
I could hear the engines are manufactured in many different countries. The V6 comes from Austria.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
benzedid

My Ride: 2001 BMW E46 318i
Send a message via Skype™ to benzedid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayrischeMotorWerk View Post
For me the most important part in this movie has been the dipping of the chassis into the KTL anti corrosion bath.
I live in a country that for month has temperatures around the freezing point. This means cars here, gets easy rust
on body and parts that are not good protected.
Previously I had Ford and they made so bad anti corrosion protection, that I decided to switch to BMW.

I also like to see how they install good parts into the BMW's that is very rare to see in Denmark. The price for a car
in Denmark is 3 x the price in most other countries. This means, most cars here has almost NOTHING installed. The
radio is still a casett play without CD, climate control is manual, there are no leather seats, no xenon light, manual
gear shift, back seat can't be lowered, and so I could go on. I guess the guys at BMW are laughing their a.... out
when they install the BMW's for the danish market. Those cars are really ripped for everything of value.

But great movie, I just missing to see how they manufacture the engines. Could be interesting to see. From the movie
I could hear the engines are manufactured in many different countries. The V6 comes from Austria.
V6 engines?? u mean to say the i6 engines?? as far as i know, BMW never produced V6 engines. it went from i6 to V8.

its not only in Denmark. Even in Mauritius we have few luxuries. though we have CD players, leather seats and xenon lights, we rarely have heated seats for 3-series. or maybe its bcoz we live in a tropical island.. i'm not sure. but its like our 3-series are never equipped of an i-Drive system and most of our bimmers come from South Africa.

benzedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #10
killo

My Ride: BMW E46 318i
really nice movie.......thanx for these info
killo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
OneOfaKindTrini

My Ride: 540i w/ 3 Pedals..
Wow, truly amazing procress.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 AM   #12
screamer-beemer531

My Ride: BMW M3 E46 6spd PY
It's an awesome process but Ferrari also has a video on their factory, that one is just EPIC. Their attention to detail is awe inspiring. Of course though because it's not a mass production car like the E46.
screamer-beemer531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #13
Vic328CSi

My Ride: depends on the mood
I have an original bmw dvd in english they sent to me years ago when I first got my e46. "The making of a 3 series". Might post it on youtube if it doesnt already exist.

e46 328Ci 9psi SC
Vic328CSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #14
johnrando

Would love to see it. Let us know when you post it.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
Vic328CSi

My Ride: depends on the mood
Ok ill see what I can do. Think bmw will mind?

e46 328Ci 9psi SC
Vic328CSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #16
johnrando

Good question. Wouldn't want to violate copy-right laws, but if they hand it out for free, I can't imagine it would be an issue, especially with something so old. I would guess you could put a password on it so it's not totally for public viewing, only those members of e46f.c (or other forums) you make aware would know the password. Or, you could just send me a copy.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #17
Topazine

My Ride: '02 330i
they kept switching between blue cars, at least towards the end... was making me lol

and at the last minute of video

Formerly: TheBeerAssassin
Topazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #18
E code kng

My Ride: E36
lol
E code kng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #19
Tarmac Tanner

My Ride: E46 330Ci Convertibl
Cool !
Old 11-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #20
CSL323

My Ride: '05 330Cic
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
I love how many warning lights there are when he's fitting the steering wheel lol

2005 BMW 330Cic Individual
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory