E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #101
Hornung418

My Ride: '04 MB ZHP
Stupidity spreads like the plague...

Thanks for some real info, lejeunebimmer.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #102
BROKENBIMMER

My Ride: 328i
Disa changes phlemum size not runner diameter and exhaust has nothing to do with fuel I was referring the the intake on that subject
BROKENBIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #103
BROKENBIMMER

According to your perspective on headers by that logic it should run the best with no header or exhaust at all..give that a try n lemme know how it works
Old 11-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #104
BROKENBIMMER

All the mods that this thread brought up would show improvement on a f/I setup. Without a doubt N/A your loseing power moving the powerband up to an unreachabke level for a stock head
Old 11-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #105
Hornung418

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKENBIMMER View Post
According to your perspective on headers by that logic it should run the best with no header or exhaust at all..give that a try n lemme know how it works
What are you talking about?! He's comparing the stock headers to equal length headers. IDK where you learned to read...
Old 11-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #106
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
BROKENBIMMER,

I'm not in an argumentative mood tonight, so I won't argue anything. But since "everything" is hidden under your hood (referring to the nitrous), please write today's date & "BROKENBIMMER" on a piece of paper & take one GOOD photo of it sitting next to your ZEX bottle in your trunk with your smart phone. Then come back inside & upload the photo to E46Fanatics.

If you can't do this Tonight, I, nor anyone else on E46F will ever believe anything you ever say.

Thanks,

Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #107
Hornung418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
BROKENBIMMER,

I'm not in an argumentative mood tonight, so I won't argue anything. But since "everything" is hidden under your hood (referring to the nitrous), please write today's date & "BROKENBIMMER" on a piece of paper & take one GOOD photo of it sitting next to your ZEX bottle in your trunk with your smart phone. Then come back inside & upload the photo to E46Fanatics.

If you can't do this Tonight, I, nor anyone else on E46F will ever believe anything you ever say.

Thanks,

Rob43
+1

Have a read of this POST...You clearly have no idea how a two-stage manifold works and the cross-section differences between the M52TU and M54 runners.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #108
lejeunebimmer

My Ride: 02' M3 SMG, 02' 330i
Quote:
Disa changes phlemum size not runner diameter and exhaust has nothing to do with fuel I was referring the the intake on that subject
Ok then I apologize I was lacking some reading comprehension on that one as I thought you were talking about the exhaust side.

It changes the length of the intake runners (I never said diameter). I don't know what you're calling a plenum unless you're referring to the intake mani itself, as what is generally referred to as a plenum is generally a plastic upper intake manifold on most two-piece intake manifolds. (Think Fords, and some GM's.)
330i - AA Tuned, Headers, UUC Stage I LW FW, e36 M3 Clutch, UUC SS Clutch line, BMW Performance Intake, Evo Sport Pulleys, BMW Performance Cross-Drilled Rotors, Hawk HPS, BW SS Brake Lines, BW Solid Guide Bushings, BMW Performance CF Strut Brace, H&R Sways, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Powerflex Bushings, LED Tails, Clear Sides/Turns, Black Grill, Mtech 2, CF Splitters

M3 - Not enough room to list
lejeunebimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #109
lejeunebimmer

Quote:
The idiot that does it will burn every single exhaust valve.

Its not my perspective either, it fluid and thermodynamics.
330i - AA Tuned, Headers, UUC Stage I LW FW, e36 M3 Clutch, UUC SS Clutch line, BMW Performance Intake, Evo Sport Pulleys, BMW Performance Cross-Drilled Rotors, Hawk HPS, BW SS Brake Lines, BW Solid Guide Bushings, BMW Performance CF Strut Brace, H&R Sways, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Powerflex Bushings, LED Tails, Clear Sides/Turns, Black Grill, Mtech 2, CF Splitters

Old 11-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #110
BROKENBIMMER

I've said multiple times idc if anyone believes me..my orginal post that brought up this pissing match was what power my car made 3 days after I bought it..completely stock...how it lead to what is done to my car now I dnt know..
Old 11-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #111
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
Quote:
I've said multiple times idc if anyone believes me..my orginal post that brought up this pissing match was what power my car made 3 days after I bought it..completely stock...how it lead to what is done to my car now I dnt know..

Since you only have about 50 plus posts, you could change your name to "FIXEDBIMMER" & nobody would know better. A fresh start.....might just be the ticket for you.

Good luck.

PS. Where's that pic. ?

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #112
Hornung418

Quote:
Because your numbers are complete BS! How can you not realize this?

A ZHP has 235 est at the crank. Dynos show an average of 205 whp. Difference of 30 hp.

How does a stock, 13 year old 328i, that made maybe 193 at the crank brand new, dyno 10 horsepower less at the wheels? Your numbers are not accurate at all. The only purpose it would serve is as a tuning tool. You're as dense as they come.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #113
BROKENBIMMER

Why would I go to the trouble of hideing everything to have a bottle sitting in my trunk..that would make alot of sence huh..and I dnt post becuz I dnt have to ask the world how to check my oil..I only post to buy n sell parts n correct people talking bullshit..but I'm done with this lesson..if you would like to continue your education I'll start a class..I'll even take you all in free if charge..make a nice tax write off teaching the less fortunate
Old 11-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #114
lejeunebimmer

Quote:
Why would I go to the trouble of hideing everything to have a bottle sitting in my trunk..that would make alot of sence huh..and I dnt post becuz I dnt have to ask the world how to check my oil..I only post to buy n sell parts n correct people talking bullshit..but I'm done with this lesson..if you would like to continue your education I'll start a class..I'll even take you all in free if charge..make a nice tax write off teaching the less fortunate
I'll stick to what I've learned from working in shops, my physics and engineering classes, from the real Master Techs that I have worked under, and from reputable racers and engine builders. Thanks for the offer though.

Last edited by lejeunebimmer; 11-29-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #115
SK330ci

My Ride: 02 330ci w/ 3 Pedals
BROKEN

you're really 14 years old, aren't you.

I'm with all the rest, no pics.....because it does not exist.

BIMMERS FOR EVER !
SK330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #116
Hornung418

Quote:
If you want to teach us a lesson from your bullshit encyclopedia, create your own thread.

Seems like you're getting frustrated and losing your ability to write coherent statements. Vote for new name to be GRADUALDOUCHEBAG...Seems educated at first then starts break down to real life behavior.

Last edited by Hornung418; 11-29-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Hornung418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 AM   #117
ZHud3

My Ride: black 323Ci

2000 323Ci
1992 325is Sold ):
1984 325e
ZHud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #118
jared_wiesner

My Ride: 1999 328i
Quote:
I've tried to explain this to you already. The problem with this approach is that you would lose the extra velocity built into having exhaust exit tubes (scavenging effect). Not to mention the pulse tuning gained by proper engineering and design of premium grade headers (not claiming this is what you get with ebay). Also as mentioned before, after shut down, the cold air rushing into the engine with no heat buffer built up in the exhaust manifold would not be benefitial to your valve's health

The velocity of exhaust gasses is key. Not back pressure.

Last edited by jared_wiesner; 11-30-2011 at 11:04 AM.
jared_wiesner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #119
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
You know, I think you guys are being a little hard on this guy. He actually has a basic grasp on how an engine works. Verdict is still out on his credibility though.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #120
jared_wiesner

My Ride: 1999 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
You know, I think you guys are being a little hard on this guy. He actually has a basic grasp on how an engine works. Verdict is still out on his credibility though.
I agree, there is no need for name calling. I take more issue with the claims being made, it dilutes and pollutes the knowledge base these forums provide.

I would still like if you could explain how what I have said is incorrect. I would like to present accurate information the same as I expect it from others.
jared_wiesner is offline   Reply With Quote