E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #241
jonathan@maximumpsi
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennessy_r24 View Post
hey Mike any updates on this and pictures of the intake manifold
Not yet, but as soon as I do, I will post them.

I want to post updates are much as you guys want to read them. We are doing our best to finalize the kit as quickly as possible.
jonathan@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #242
Curiouz_G

My Ride: Beater
Any ballpark price?
Curiouz_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #243
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
The kit will be between 9200-10200 depending on the final configuration we go with. We are definitely switching to a ball bearing precision turbo, an additional scavenge pump/harness/relay, and choice of catted/uncatted downpipe. We are still up in the air about using an aluminum plenum or not, however that will bring the kit to the 10k mark. I welcome everyone's feedback on the matter.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #244
GBX330ci

My Ride: 2011 Cayenne 6sp
Send a message via AIM to GBX330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
The kit will be between 9200-10200 depending on the final configuration we go with. We are definitely switching to a ball bearing precision turbo, an additional scavenge pump/harness/relay, and choice of catted/uncatted downpipe. We are still up in the air about using an aluminum plenum or not, however that will bring the kit to the 10k mark. I welcome everyone's feedback on the matter.
this is exciting! You're giving me a reason to pick up another e46 And, i'm local too! Loving it! Can't wait to hear more.

As for the plenum, if it helps to make more and more reliable power, its worth it, but if the stock plenium can handle these boost levels and its more for show, then forget it!
GBX330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #245
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

The stock plenum has held up to the task without modification so far. If we use the stock plenum in the kit it will come with reinforcements to further strengthen the plenum and minimize expansion.
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
Old 09-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #246
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
So I'm assuming these oil-less turbo's aren't working out.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #247
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
So I'm assuming these oil-less turbo's aren't working out.
I had 2 6765 failures in similar applications. My billet 80mm oil-less has about 2000 miles with no issues.

I don't want to speculate on why they failed, just that it happened and we are focused on offering the most reliable package. That said, Comp sent me a replacement (oil-fed, at my request) triple bb turbo without a problem. We have several turbos to try since the car was apart waiting for a replacement.

We will keep the thread updated as soon as we have more pics or dyno results.

-Mike
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #248
hennessy_r24

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Mike I think you should get in contact with Saad racing. Pro-efi turbo e46 m3 is using Saad's manufactured turbo manifold that use a gravity drain from the turbo back to the motor, no scavenge pump needed making it simple,more reliable and the cost down. any idea how much will the kit or hardware cost without the tuning for the guys that want to go ProEFi to tae advantage of their flex fuel system.

Euro-techniks

Last edited by hennessy_r24; 09-15-2011 at 08:16 PM.
hennessy_r24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #249
CSL PWR

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3 6-Spd
Quote:
Mike I think you should get in contact with Saad racing. Pro-efi turbo e46 m3 is using Saad's manufactured turbo manifold that use a gravity drain from the turbo back to the motor, no scavenge pump needed making it simple,more reliable and the cost down. any idea how much will the kit or hardware cost without the tuning for the guys that want to go ProEFi to tae advantage of their flex fuel system.
....X2! I think if you guys can keep the price down closer to the "$9200" you spoke of this will be a grand slam** ...perhaps, with the exhaust manifold "hennessey_r24" was speaking of combined using the stock/factory intake manifold it could even be offered at $8,990*
CSL PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #250
xcoolnessx

My Ride: Rover
This is awesome! Competition (Turbo kits for BMW's) is healthy for the consumers. Keep up the great work! Subscribed.

Photobucket

xcoolnessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #251
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
...Saad's manufactured turbo manifold that use a gravity drain from the turbo back to the motor, no scavenge pump needed making it simple,more reliable and the cost down...
Are there any pictures of this and will it fit a T67/T71? I would love to get rid of my scavenge oil system.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #252
hennessy_r24

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Are there any pictures of this and will it fit a T67/T71? I would love to get rid of my scavenge oil system.
Jason is running a gt40 turbo so I guess you can fit a t67/t71

Euro-techniks
hennessy_r24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #253
djtrini

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
I'd like to see this as well! If Saad Racing kits have the scavenge free set up I'd also like to go that route as well to avoid any potential problems with scavenge pump failure etc...
Old 09-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #254
BimmerDude18

My Ride: 1998 528i
CES was running the steedspeed manifolds in the E36 without a scavenge pump, with a GT4094, so I'm curious what level of need there is as is.

1998 528i 5-speed Work in progress
1988 Toyota Pickup (4WD 5-speed) daily
2007 San Marino Blue 350z 6-speed sold
1996 328i 5-speed sold

www.e46nonM.com - www.precision-sport.com - www.flyingwindowtinters.com - www.techniquetuning.com
BimmerDude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #255
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDude18 View Post
CES was running the steedspeed manifolds in the E36 without a scavenge pump, with a GT4094, so I'm curious what level of need there is as is.
Drain location, how the turbo is clocked, what orientation the shaft seal is during the turbo assembly process: these are a few variables.

I know I had to run a pump on my e36 with a steedspeed and 4094 in addition to a 6765 precision bb. I currently have a bb comp turbo that I just tried running with a tiny restrictor and optimal drain and it is getting a small amount of oil in the charge pipe. With a MAF based system you don't want any oil to contaminate the HFM.

I would love to see pics of the Saad manifold. I am also curious to see if there is any oil in the charge pipes, even minimal amounts. I am always open to other options. Trust me, I was shooting for a lower price point, however I want to offer a high quality, trouble free product.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #256
CSL PWR

Thumbs Up

Keep the updates comin'...
Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #257
CSL PWR

Anything new guys? I gotta hole burning through my wallet to the tune of around $9K with Maximum PSI's name on it lol... any word on what direction you'll end up going with? Progress this week, etc... thx

- Kevin D.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #258
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Hi Kevin,
The turbo and scavenge pump is installed and functional. I am trying to have the car up and running today if possible. I am modifying the factory plenum and installing a different FMIC and piping combo. If not it will be on monday. I have an enduro kart national Fri-Sun at NJMP on the lightning track.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #259
CSL PWR

Quote:
Hi Kevin,
The turbo and scavenge pump is installed and functional. I am trying to have the car up and running today if possible. I am modifying the factory plenum and installing a different FMIC and piping combo. If not it will be on monday. I have an enduro kart national Fri-Sun at NJMP on the lightning track.
Very nice, looking forward to seeing the final product. These mods to the factory plenum... is this just playing it safe at the prospective ~8psi or so boost level, or have you guys seen evidence the factory intake fatigues and cracks at these levels? Also, if you did manage to get it running let us knows how it runs, drives and feels*

- Kevin D.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #260
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

The modification consists of an internal support to minimize any ballooning due to the pressurized plenum. No, I have not seen any issues, and we have pressure tested the intake higher than the intended boost level without a problem.

Unfortunately I ran out of time today with other customer cars taking priority, however I will be getting the car together ASAP. I haven't got a chance to get into boost since the car came back from Technique Tuning!