E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #281
CSL PWR

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3 6-Spd
Mike or John, how are things coming along? Is the car back with Nick yet?
CSL PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #282
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I was away on vacation and very busy finishing up some projects and customer cars. The e46 is still at my shop with a few more hardware changes taking place before it goes back to Nick's for final revisions. The process is taking longer than I hoped for, however I want to make sure everything runs flawless and fits perfectly before the kit is released. Early 2012 is a likely timeline. I have been driving the car every day and it runs great.

Thanks,
Mike
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #283
dude what

My Ride: V-TEC Equipped M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I was away on vacation and very busy finishing up some projects and customer cars. The e46 is still at my shop with a few more hardware changes taking place before it goes back to Nick's for final revisions. The process is taking longer than I hoped for, however I want to make sure everything runs flawless and fits perfectly before the kit is released. Early 2012 is a likely timeline. I have been driving the car every day and it runs great.

Thanks,
Mike
Do you have any idea for general power output that will be available with the first release of the kit?
dude what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #284
CSL PWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude what View Post
Do you have any idea for general power output that will be available with the first release of the kit?
They mentioned holding off on releasing HP figures until all final changes to the 'kit' are completed. This is normal practice by tuners for many reasons. If you just want a 'basic range' of what kind of power increase to expect.. simply add approx. 50% to the power your currently making N/A. Final HP numbers for the kit may be slightly higher due to extra efficiencies built into the hardware/intercooling/tuning but you can expect to make 50% more power pressurizing an N/A motor to 8LBS of intercooled boost.
...hence, a healthy stock car putting down ~280rwhp on a dynojet would/should put down an honest 420RWHP with the kit at 8psi. (i.e. 50% of 280rwhp (140RWHP) added to the base/or stock number)
Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #285
NickG@TechniqueTuning
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 330ci Turbo
Expect a little update from MaxPSI shortly........it'll be a good one
NickG@TechniqueTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #286
6spd_legend

My Ride: acura legend 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG@TechniqueTuning View Post
Wtf, you shouldn't be allowed to tease people like this on the forums bro!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #287
NickG@TechniqueTuning
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 330ci Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd_legend View Post
Wtf, you shouldn't be allowed to tease people like this on the forums bro!
LOL....I gotta have some fun!
NickG@TechniqueTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #288
M3PTGSC

My Ride: M3
Quote:
I already have one car tuned by you...i want one more

09 SL63 AMG Designo,pano and whole nine yards lol
07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
03-M3-6766 DBB..Tubular manifold...
97-M3-
95-M3 SC stage 2-Widebody...
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
M3PTGSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #289
Mr.Jack

A M3 in TN is looking forward to this, Nick!
Mr.Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #290
djtrini

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
I like this!! ^^^^
Old 10-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #291
jonathan@maximumpsi
Past Site Sponsor

Sorry for the lack of updates, we had the car shipped back here from Florida upon failure of the oil-less Comp turbo and decided to make some hardware revisions at the same time. We are happy with how the new revisions progressed and wanted to post up some current dyno plots as the car currently sits. Our dyno is a Superflow Autodyn 30 and reads pretty conservative. We will try and get some dynojet numbers up soon as a comparison. In the meantime we posted up some stock and SC dyno plots to compare the results. These are not the final numbers, however we wanted to finally show some results. We will be sending the car back to Florida soon for the final tweaks and then getting ready to start selling some kits!

The first graph shows two stock NA plots vs. our turbo kit on 93 octane:

The second graph shows our turbo kit vs. VT2-500 centrifugal supercharger kit(and also why we love turbo cars):
jonathan@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #292
CSL PWR

Thumbs Up

Haha, you like how my fearless predictions on my last post were right on the money...i've been tuning cars for a looong time..

These are actually more impressive results than expected however, what is most telling about these posted graphs are the stock M3's put up against the turbo kit* It not only illustrates how conservative your dyno truly reads (at ~250rwhp for a stock M3) but moreso displays a nearly 170RWHP improvement over the stock car. You simply can't ask for anything better/more than that on 93oct piss fuel reliably... great work guys, now finalize any last second bugs, pull some strong dynojet numbers, and build me the first kit!

- Kevin D.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #293
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
VERY NICE!! These preliminary dyno numbers look VERY promising towards the final product. Glad to finally start seeing more E46 M3 turbo options come to life.

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #294
Mr.Jack

This is what I'm talking about! 250whp for stock M3? I'm predicting a 450whp kit, which in my opinion is perfect. Higher torque, but still drivable. Anyway a buyer can get a more conservative tune so an upgraded clutch is not needed?
Mr.Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #295
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
How conservative is this tune? If a pump jockey throws 87 in the car...and if 91 is the only fuel available like in >50% of North America...will I detonate or run higher risk of detonation? I have been thinking of getting another M3 in SMG for the little mrs...and I can't think of anything better than this...
Old 10-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #296
6spd_legend

My Ride: acura legend 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
How conservative is this tune? If a pump jockey throws 87 in the car...and if 91 is the only fuel available like in >50% of North America...will I detonate or run higher risk of detonation? I have been thinking of getting another M3 in SMG for the little mrs...and I can't think of anything better than this...
You wife needs a turbo m3? lol what?

MaxPSI - Thanks for the update. How many pounds was this on?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #297
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd_legend View Post
You wife needs a turbo m3? lol what?

MaxPSI - Thanks for the update. How many pounds was this on?
It had a manual boost controller so it spiked to 9psi and dropped to 8psi for the upper rpm's.
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
Old 10-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #298
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jack View Post
This is what I'm talking about! 250whp for stock M3? I'm predicting a 450whp kit, which in my opinion is perfect. Higher torque, but still drivable. Anyway a buyer can get a more conservative tune so an upgraded clutch is not needed?
The car has a stock clutch and flywheel in it right now. It feels great! The nice thing about a turbo car is you can lower the boost a bit if you want to dial it down. Or, you can get a boost controller like an ams-500 that will let you tailor the ramp rate to your liking.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #299
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
We will likely have a separate calibration for those plagued with 91 octane "premium" fuels to keep things safe.
The car is running on the factory DME, so it does have active knock control. You should always make sure the attendant isn't pumping 87 octane into any FI'd car. I always keep an eye on the pump if someone else fills up my car.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #300
323tom

My Ride: Turbo 323 ;)
Lol my lady wad thinking of a m3 too but we got her a hard top 335 which imo is better suited for the ladies haha, turned her into a little speed freak though ahah
Quote: