E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #381
BaDiNfLuEnCe

My Ride: 04 m3, 06 jeep srt8
I think this kit will be released by april

[/IMG][/URL]
BaDiNfLuEnCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #382
djtrini

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
The factory plenum made good power with our modifications, and with a bit more support it would hold up without breaking. I was never happy with the rubber couplers and tiny stubs to clamp the plenum on. Too easy to have a boost leak and cause headaches. The new plenum will solve all of the previous issues.

I was in Florida last week and I drove the car for a few days. It is a beautiful daily driver with it's turbo power! I cant wait to turn it up, lol. It's a sickness.

-Mike
What no teaser vids???

Can't wait to see the finished product!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #383
Think0rz

My Ride: 05 AW M3
Mike my offer still stands when can i drop off the car to be the first one running this =0
Think0rz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #384
cnotesdip

My Ride: 330ci
will nick be launching his own kit or is this a Maximum psi kit only ? do you have any numbers, price, power, list of parts included in the kit
cnotesdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #385
JamaicanBlueE46M3

My Ride: E46 M3
bump
JamaicanBlueE46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #386
M3ANMACHINE

My Ride: 2004 E46 ///M3
Any updates?
Pricing?
Availability??

E90 ///M3 - AW - 6MT - Volk - Akrapovic - Dinan
2004 E46 M3 : SOLD
M3ANMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #387
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Any updates?
Pricing?
Availability??
+1

Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #388
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
With how slow this kit is being worked on, it makes me wonder how quick problems would be fixed if one were to arise.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #389
basar13

My Ride: Z4M, R8, 525xd, STI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
With how slow this kit is being worked on, it makes me wonder how quick problems would be fixed if one were to arise.
Same as the production speed.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #390
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Mabe all the extra r&d will pay off...after all this is nickg here and I'm sure he wouldn't let it go for production without having it as reliable/powerful as possible.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #391
BaDiNfLuEnCe

My Ride: 04 m3, 06 jeep srt8
I just think the fact they made it seem like the kit was basically done and just needed a few touches. There has been this long pause on whats going on, its making us all sit on the edge waiting for news.. Only thing we really herd recently is the plenum wasnt holding up.

Anyhow still waiting paiently, because im not ready to buy. Just hoping its ready intime for spring

[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by BaDiNfLuEnCe; 02-10-2012 at 08:44 AM.
BaDiNfLuEnCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #392
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Unfortunately we don't have 20 guys working on the car like a F1 pit stop. I run Maximum PSI with three guys including myself. At any given day we have an average of 12 cars in the shop that are in various stages of repair, fabrication, etc. The E46 Turbo kit is my top priority, however it isn't my only high priority build. Nick also works a full time job in addition to Technique Tuning.

Nick currently has the car to finish up the calibration, however things are on hold until I get him the new plenum. I assure you the kit isn't imaginary, and that it WILL be coming to the market this year. It has racked up a bunch of miles, and the new precision turbo is working nicely. I promise it will be worth the wait!
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #393
blkdiamondm3

My Ride: 2005 BMW M3
Quote:
Unfortunately we don't have 20 guys working on the car like a F1 pit stop. I run Maximum PSI with three guys including myself. At any given day we have an average of 12 cars in the shop that are in various stages of repair, fabrication, etc. The E46 Turbo kit is my top priority, however it isn't my only high priority build. Nick also works a full time job in addition to Technique Tuning.

Nick currently has the car to finish up the calibration, however things are on hold until I get him the new plenum. I assure you the kit isn't imaginary, and that it WILL be coming to the market this year. It has racked up a bunch of miles, and the new precision turbo is working nicely. I promise it will be worth the wait!
I'm sure perfecting something like this is a top priority. We're just all very excited to see this kit released as it seems very promising. We are all very fortunate to have these guys Maxpsi/NickG develop a kit for our car as we know from their previous projects they always come through with a very powerful and reliable kit. I'm sure the wait is torture but it'll be worth it. Keep us posted Mike.

Eurosquad
Current - 2005 M3 Frozen Dark Grey/Cinnamon
Mods - Not Enough
blkdiamondm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #394
cnotesdip

My Ride: 330ci
power wise how does this compare to a AA stage 2?
cnotesdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #395
MSpired

Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:

You just validated my point....
Old 02-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #396
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
You just validated my point....
Seems like you're trying to convince yourself HPF was the right choice. Tread carefully.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #397
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Seems like you're trying to convince yourself HPF was the right choice. Tread carefully.
he makes a point but i don't think it was at all necessary.

we're all excited to have another turbo tuner available for the s54!

infact im more interested in the actual driveability of the tune than the rwhp output. hope its butta!
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #398
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Well considering that Nick made a stage two kit for the non-zhp 330 that makes 375rwhp, and this kit seems to have been developed with similar drivability goals- but for the M3, it should be pretty amazing!
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #399
MSpired

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
This honestly has nothing to do with HPF. This kit will be for a different market/individual IMO. I look forward to seeing this kit completed, but I genuinely would have concerns about customer support, especially for the first couple years after the kit debuts.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #400
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
Quote:
I think that's a rather unfair assumption to make. The fact that people check this thread daily hoping it'll be done the next day is unfair to maxpsi. They've stated they don't have 20 guys working at the shop dedicated to the m3 and they also have other projects going on. The number of employees they have has nothing to do with the quality of customer service they provide (which is stellar if you do some research).

The fact that everyone's griping about r&d time is ridiculous. Hpf has a ton more guys in their shop than max psi does and they've had a 335 for a year and a half now and STILL haven't come out with a turbo kit. It took them almost a year just to design an intercooler and a 12' section of straight pipes and people are getting upset about a year to design and build a full turbo kit? Come on. I think people need to calm down and be patient especially since
most of the people commenting probably won't even be purchasing this kit.

Good things come to those who wait.
daemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote