E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #21
323I00

My Ride: E46 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelionwheels View Post
Its VIS
Very surprised , Im not to fond of "VIS" quality , But urs looks great.
323I00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #22
Teh_M3

My Ride: 2002 M3
I honestly love carbon fiber hoods. They look amazing on any color.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #23
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
I see your profile doesn't say you have an M3. IMO those are they only cars with enough performance to justify the vented hood

Seriously? The OEM M3 "merits" a vented hood but the non-m doesn't?

**Neither of them need it**

OP, car looks good

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #24
xaviman

My Ride: Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post

**Neither of them need it**

OP, car looks good

my same thoughts, ANY daily e46 cant take performance advantage of those vents, the only exception would be if you have the M5 engine, which has dual intakes.

Screen shot 2014-01-25 at 12.36.33 PM by xaviman, on Flickr
Instagram: xaviman

Last edited by xaviman; 06-05-2011 at 11:40 PM.
xaviman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #25
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:

Oh, was I being asked a question? No it doesn't merit a vented hood. Why, were you thinking about buying one to match your muffler delete?

I love it when cars look like this and get beaten at the lights by minivans. Either way, its a matter of opinion and I don't like it. Btw OP, fix your kidney grill.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #26
GhostFlame

My Ride: LSB/HPF
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaviman View Post
my same thoughts, ANY daily e46 can take performance advantage of those vents, the only exception would be if you have the M5 engine, which has dual intakes.
so.. the m5 engine would actually take the most advantage.
you know what, hood delete is actually the best performance mod in that case I have to agree though.. i'll bet its all show & no go.
GhostFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #27
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Looks like a plus size car bra
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #28
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Personally never been a fan of carbon fiber hoods. I'd paint it back to the original color if I got one.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #29
SweTurbo
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: 323i -98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty330i View Post
Looks very nice! What colour code is your car? A08 silbergrau metallic? Also curios about what you charge for these? Sedan fitment? Cheers
Looks like stauhlblau(steel blue)
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #30
cbrommer

My Ride: 2004 325i
Quote:
Oh, was I being asked a question? No it doesn't merit a vented hood. Why, were you thinking about buying one to match your muffler delete?

I love it when cars look like this and get beaten at the lights by minivans. Either way, its a matter of opinion and I don't like it. Btw OP, fix your kidney grill.
Dude, get off your period. The vented hood is not an intention of performance. It is for looks and to add aggressiveness to the vehicle. In which it accomplishes that just fine.

post a picture of your bmw, probably beat up and stock with a bunch of stickers that you think add 5hp each!

innovative concepts :: e46fanatic :: cbrommer

cbrommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #31
mkodama

Fitment looks good, now it needs either paint or a carbon fiber chassis to match now.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #32
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Been there done that....Euro Spec. They can be tough to fit. Funny thing is, my black grills fit better on the carbon fiber hood than the OEM. Follow it up with a matching CF trunk or it looks out of place. Hood and trunk can be a bastard to fit. The key hole in the CSL trunk was the worst. My personal experience.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #33
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Personally never been a fan of carbon fiber hoods. I'd paint it back to the original color if I got one.
Unless they are vented...no reason to buy one. And if you get one...it can be painted. Most are just fiberglass with a CF layer....unless you look at the high dollar VSTR.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #34
WheyArea

My Ride: '03 TiAg ///M3
These hoods are the cheesiest mods ever, sorry OP. Less is more, but nice fitment

/// Dinan ECU /// Brembo BBK /// BBS LM 19" /// Bilstein PSS10
/// Eisenmann Exhaust /// Supersprint Mid Pip /// AC Schnitzer Spoiler
/// Hamann Lip /// AC Schnitzer CF Diffuser /// K&N CAI /// Valentine 1

Coming Soon...... OEM SSK, CSL bootlid
WheyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 AM   #35
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheyArea View Post
These hoods are the cheesiest mods ever, sorry OP. Less is more, but nice fitment
And a murdered out black on black car is not...never been done before. To each their own.

EDIT...I assume you have angel eyes also.....

Last edited by carcus; 06-06-2011 at 02:02 AM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #36
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:

Four things:

1. I already have a vented hood.
2. My car doesn't "need it" whatsoever.
3. It's hard to "lose at a race" when you don't race your car. I don't care to go fast, don't want speeding tickets, and could have bought a modded Rustang instead of my Rover and had a faster car than most E46s (regardless of how they are modded).

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 06-06-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #37
Makavelionwheels

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:

lol ac_2007 get real bro and show us your car. beaten by minivans? hahaha! wow!
Makavelionwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #38
WheyArea

My Ride: '03 TiAg ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
And a murdered out black on black car is not...never been done before. To each their own.

EDIT...I assume you have angel eyes also.....
Carcus, c'mon bud you can't be serious. Do you go into all threads that ask for an opinion (which are similar to yours) and bash the people who differ? That's like waiting in the bushes at a poll booth.... LOL!

And yes, I hate the murdered out look too. I just like black rims (no smoked tails, heads, or dark tint). Know the term first bud

EDIT... 2 words = Rainbow Eyes

/// Dinan ECU /// Brembo BBK /// BBS LM 19" /// Bilstein PSS10
/// Eisenmann Exhaust /// Supersprint Mid Pip /// AC Schnitzer Spoiler
/// Hamann Lip /// AC Schnitzer CF Diffuser /// K&N CAI /// Valentine 1

Coming Soon...... OEM SSK, CSL bootlid

Last edited by WheyArea; 06-06-2011 at 11:51 AM.
WheyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #39
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrommer View Post
Dude, get off your period. The vented hood is not an intention of performance. It is for looks and to add aggressiveness to the vehicle. In which it accomplishes that just fine.

post a picture of your bmw, probably beat up and stock with a bunch of stickers that you think add 5hp each!
I personally don't like the looks, plain and simple. There are many other nicely done up cars on this forum. You are wayy too concerned with what I think.

Some of the most active and knowledgeable forum members own stock/nearly stock BMWs, so hop off. You sound like the type who wants to "throw on dem 19s, slam that btch, and add a roof spoiler for el33t status"

My pics are already up, find them.
Quote:
Four things:

1. I already have a vented hood.
2. My car doesn't "need it" whatsoever.
3. It's hard to "lose at a race" when you don't race your car. I don't care to go fast, don't want speeding tickets, and could have bought a modded Rustang instead of my Rover and had a faster car than most E46s (regardless of how they are modded).

See, I knew it. Ofcourse you'd get all pissy.. why? Because you own the hood, probably spent a lot of money on it, and I don't agree with you.

You should have learned from your muffler delete thread that not everyone on here is going to like the things you do to your car. But just as importantly, its your car. Do w/e you want to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelionwheels View Post
lol ac_2007 get real bro and show us your car. beaten by minivans? hahaha! wow!
This one time at band camp.. a buddy of mine who owns a GSR Integra was beaten by a Venture van. Bro, I am real bro. I know you think carbon fiber hood is beeessst bro, bestt. I just don't like it bro. Take it easy brosef, sounds like you need a brocation.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #40
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
See, I knew it. Ofcourse you'd get all pissy.. why? Because you own the hood, probably spent a lot of money on it, and I don't agree with you.

You should have learned from your muffler delete thread that not everyone on here is going to like the things you do to your car. But just as importantly, its your car. Do w/e you want to it.
1. Where did I get pissy? I mocked myself and my car for being underpowered, I stated that I liked the way it looked, and I even posted up what should clearly be a mock at me being upset (does anyone take tropic thunder seriously )

2. I don't have the same hood as the OP. Similar style? Sure. But a very different hood. As for "paying a lot for it", I've got one word for ya : sponsorship.

3. Muffler delete is of what relevance? You've brought it up twice now..

4. As for "everyone isn't going to like my car", that is, OF COURSE, true. It's also very true that I've done the car in a fashion I like and did NOT follow the "typical mod path". Hell, I had CSLs when they first came out and switched them out because they became too common and I wanted a more unique wheel. Did the same by going with the Vorsteiner lip, SRS rear, GTR skirts, and the muffler delete... all good examples of "going different routes". Sure the muffler delete is common now, but check out the threads on the topic pre-dating me doing it.. there aren't many. Oh, and prior to doing it, I had the Hamann DTM exhaust... can you get much more unique?

And there is a HUUUUUUGE difference between disagreement, clarifying erroneous talking points, and "being pissy". I honestly don't really care if you don't like what I did to the car...

Shall I post up another sarcastic video or cat-holding-lightsaber-image only to have you take it seriously?