E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #21
bimminge46

My Ride: 323Ci, 89 325i ETA
depends on the roads for me not looks....here no larger than 18's. very rough roads, patch patch patch, and 4 feet by 1 feet deep pot holes. (monroe county mi)

E30 in progress.

bimminge46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #22
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Here are some pictures of my 323Ci with VMR 18" staggered
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ght=bimmerfest
Those look really good! Is that with stock sports suspension or did you drop it?
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #23
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
Those look really good! Is that with stock sports suspension or did you drop it?
Thanks
I don't recall if that was with the oem Sport springs and Konis or with the H&R Sport and Konis.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #24
Tutankhamon

My Ride: '02 Individual 330ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tutankhamon Send a message via AIM to Tutankhamon Send a message via MSN to Tutankhamon
I had 18" CSLs, ride was smooth, everything was fine to be honest.

Roads in my area and where I work aren't too bad so one day I was thinking about it and decided to see how much my 18's would sell for. Found a buyer to purchase them for a couple hundred less than what a new 19" set would cost me with tires included.

Decided to go for it and went with 19" CSLs.

Yes it's a bit bumpier but I forget all about that everytime I look at the car. With a proper drop, 19's can't be beat when it comes to looks.

Provided you have decent roads, I'd say go for it. If you don't however, I'd say to stay practical.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #25
fuufuu

My Ride: 04 325i
I have 18" staggered right now and i wish i got 19" sometimes, but ive had them for a month and one rim is already got 4 dents... damn city construction
fuufuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuufuu View Post
I have 18" staggered right now and i wish i got 19" sometimes, but ive had them for a month and one rim is already got 4 dents... damn city construction
lol, dundas?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #27
fuufuu

I've been avoiding dundas for about a year now lol, im from suaga, whole god damn city centre (where I live/work) is doing new roads or expanding them for the last 2 years and if i try to avoid those, I have to drive on the roads with pothole heaven and uneven roads D:
Old 06-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #28
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Thanks
I don't recall if that was with the oem Sport springs and Konis or with the H&R Sport and Konis.
Ya cause i'm not sure i wanna lower it anymore... my sport suspension looks great already.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #29
Tutankhamon

Send a message via ICQ to Tutankhamon Send a message via AIM to Tutankhamon Send a message via MSN to Tutankhamon
Quote:
I've been avoiding dundas for about a year now lol, im from suaga, whole god damn city centre (where I live/work) is doing new roads or expanding them for the last 2 years and if i try to avoid those, I have to drive on the roads with pothole heaven and uneven roads D:
I hear ya, i'm slammed on 19's and square one area is a total nightmare. That's why you should just stick to lakeshore, nice roads and very scenic

Quote:
Ya cause i'm not sure i wanna lower it anymore... my sport suspension looks great already.
If that is the case, you should just stick to 18's then. The moment you get 19's, you'll want it lowered as your wheel gap will be that much more noticeable.

Last edited by Tutankhamon; 06-06-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Tutankhamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #30
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutankhamon View Post
I hear ya, i'm slammed on 19's and square one area is a total nightmare. That's why you should just stick to lakeshore, nice roads and very scenic

If that is the case, you should just stick to 18's then. The moment you get 19's, you'll want it lowered as your wheel gap will be that much more noticeable.
Do you have any pics of your car?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #31
fuufuu

Quote:
have you been on hurontario lately?! From burnhamthrope to the 403 entrance takes 15 mins... that like 1.5km... I work in sq1 so I have no choice

Last edited by fuufuu; 06-06-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #32
Tutankhamon

Quote:
Do you have any pics of your car?
Sure, here I'll give you a quick comparison

Here are 18" CSL's on my car when I was on stock sport suspension:

Here are 19" CSL's which are currently on my car with coilovers on almost lowest setting:

Quote:
have you been on hurontario lately?! From burnhamthrope to the 403 entrance takes 15 mins... that like 1.5km... I work in sq1 so I have no choice
I hear ya fuu, that's why I avoid hwy10 like the plague, that road and my setup are a nightmare

Last edited by Tutankhamon; 06-06-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Tutankhamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #33
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Sure, here I'll give you a quick comparison

Here are 18" CSL's on my car when I was on stock sport suspension:

Here are 19" CSL's which are currently on my car with coilovers on almost lowest setting:
Wow! I am so torn again! 19's look so good... haha
Old 06-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #34
TallSkinnyMatt

Oh and what type of coilovers do you have?
Old 06-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #35
Tutankhamon

Quote:
Oh and what type of coilovers do you have?
They are B+G coilovers.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #36
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlau330Ci View Post
I've said it before but I must say it again.........SICK car Alex Btw:not to switch topics but did you ever "wade" into the cross drilled rotor debate? What is your take?
Thanks

(i personally like cross drilled rotors. have them on the 323Ci and also bmw oem CSL ones on my latest M3)
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #37
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
They are B+G coilovers.
How much more rough is the ride since you got the 19s?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #38
Tutankhamon

Quote:
How much more rough is the ride since you got the 19s?
To be honest, the ride quality difference going from 18's to 19's was as far as I remember almost negligible. In other words, I barely noticed the difference. The main difference in ride quality was going from my stock sport suspension to the coilovers. Definitely doesn't feel as soft as the sport suspension did. These coils won't beat you up but they definitely provide a very connected feel to the road.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #39
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
To be honest, the ride quality difference going from 18's to 19's was as far as I remember almost negligible. In other words, I barely noticed the difference. The main difference in ride quality was going from my stock sport suspension to the coilovers. Definitely doesn't feel as soft as the sport suspension did. These coils won't beat you up but they definitely provide a very connected feel to the road.
Thats the main thing I was worried about. If the ride isn't different... then I really think i'm gonna go with the 19's. They just look so good!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #40
ModBargains.com
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 323ci / E92 335i
Here are a few pictures of the VB3 BMW CSL Style Wheels, Silver, Non-Staggered, 18x8.5'' all around and 19" VB3 CSL Replica Wheels, Silver, for M3 and non-M3 BMW for you guys to check out! We just received a huge stocking order!!

18x8.5

19"

BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm / Sat 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates and discounts!

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 06-07-2011 at 11:01 AM.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
csl, hypersilver, rep, vmr, wheel