E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
TekNoire7

My Ride: 328i
Angel Eye installation

Well I just received my angel eyes from umnitza today (amazing speed especially with delivery considering I ordered them saturday afternoon even with the cheapest shipping option) and while admitting that I am a complete newbie to electrical systems and car modding altogether I also admit that I asked a local car shop who deals with all modding how much they would want to install the $50 LED angel eyes from Umnitza. Guess what they told me... 100? nope your wrong. 200? Nope your still wrong. 300?!! Wrong again.

$320 they wanted to install these little things. I laughed in their face and left.

I may be a newbie but I know this isn't rocket science and shouldn't cost me this much to install two pairs of LED rings, especially when there is a guide lying around from umnitza.

Anyways guys I'm guessing many of you on here installed these yourselves and was wondering on a difficulty scale how hard was it to install these. These jokes told me its extremely difficult because they dont wan't to mess with the factory headlights. Sheesh.. Anyways your input any input, even input to make fun of me is welcome haha

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
PM sent

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Herbalicious

My Ride: 330ci, M3, Z06
Easy...take you 30-45 minutes...there are guides on this forum.
Herbalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
One of the easiest DIYs around. The hardest part is fishing a wire to your footwell light.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
J P LeCoure

My Ride: '01 325i sedan
Definitely easy. 1/10 I agree the foot well fishing is about the only hard thing involved. Just search the DIY on here and you will even have pics to help you feel more comfortable.
J P LeCoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
Sanchjer

My Ride: 323i e46 SOLD!
I took the glove box out, it took, I think 4 screws and the thing came right off then you can see the wire so easily. Great DIY to do and takes about an hr if you take your time. GL OP
Sanchjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
Apple4life

My Ride: 03 325i SULEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by spage View Post
one of the easiest diys around. the hardest part is fishing a wire to your footwell light.
+1
Apple4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
TekNoire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by J P LeCoure View Post
Definitely easy. 1/10 I agree the foot well fishing is about the only hard thing involved. Just search the DIY on here and you will even have pics to help you feel more comfortable.
yeah im trying to find one but i cant for the xenon headlights =[ mind finding one?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
bimminge46

My Ride: 323Ci, 89 325i ETA
I think its all easy. There is a DIY on youtube from EAS auroras very simple. It took me probably 40 minutes.

E30 in progress.

bimminge46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
rizwan1377

My Ride: 04 M56,LC 100,RX300
Send a message via AIM to rizwan1377 Send a message via MSN to rizwan1377 Send a message via Yahoo to rizwan1377
For the 1st time, it took like 40 mins but now i can do it in less than 20 mins. Its very easy but if you are not sure and confident then ask jake (solidjake) to install them for you.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
TekNoire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizwan1377 View Post
For the 1st time, it took like 40 mins but now i can do it in less than 20 mins. Its very easy but if you are not sure and confident then ask jake (solidjake) to install them for you.
yeah im definitely not confident. Me and my friend were trying to install it and it looked so difficult. We managed to get the headlight off the gaskets, rubber housing, lens cover, blast plastic housing and what not. Clipped on the umnitza halos which didnt seem that sturdy, but apart from that, we got this huge weird ballast, and it was only one which seemed odd because I thought there would be two for each side. The tutorials I watched looked so much easier than it actually being done, and if I can't get it done by someone around here by monday I'm definitely heading over to get it done by solid snake lol
Old 06-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #12
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by spage View Post
One of the easiest DIYs around. The hardest part is fishing a wire to your footwell light.