E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #201
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
People at every level of every sport are using PEDs.

I'll just say, when I looked up the top guy, I was very skeptical on how clean he was. Not to take anything away from his hard work, but most people are not going to have genetics supporting that strength/endurance all while being so lean.
He's also said numerous times that he doesn't watch his diet that closely and pretty much just eats whatever and more times than not, very little in a given day.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #202
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
from personal experience id have to agree with you guys. the level of intensity you are able to keep up while on it is rediculous. these guys have to do it. everyone needs an edge if they want to win.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #203
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
from personal experience id have to agree with you guys. the level of intensity you are able to keep up while on it is rediculous. these guys have to do it. everyone needs an edge if they want to win.
whats your edge?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #204
BreakMyWallet

well now its just the knowledge and workout habits i picked up while i had my weight training coach/program/regimen at my community college. id call it a significant edge though. i still have a lot of the strength that i acquired a couple years back.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #205
rohde88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
well now its just the knowledge and workout habits i picked up while i had my weight training coach/program/regimen at my community college. id call it a significant edge though. i still have a lot of the strength that i acquired a couple years back.
I wanted you to say:

DENSITY.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #206
BreakMyWallet

haha
Old 07-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #207
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
thanks for that info. So do you think most of the top guys are doing it?
Yes

Quote:
How do they test? Urine? Hair? Lie detector? How far before the games are they tested?
Urine I believe. A few teams were disqualified. They test randomly between regionals and the games so anywhere from 0 - 6 weeks prior to the games.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #208
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Yes

Urine I believe. A few teams were disqualified. They test randomly between regionals and the games so anywhere from 0 - 6 weeks prior to the games.
thanks. That makes it pretty clear. Heck, I can't say I wouldn't do it if I were them. But then again, I have no issue with it in sports anyway.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #209
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Yes

Assuming 1) no funny business and 2) they are not all tested at the 6 week mark, this is a pretty tight policy. Most PEDs don't kick in quickly (3-4 weeks) so their only option would be GH and similar, or low enough doses of testosterone to not trip the ratios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #210
Glight

Quote:
Assuming 1) no funny business and 2) they are not all tested at the 6 week mark, this is a pretty tight policy. Most PEDs don't kick in quickly (3-4 weeks) so their only option would be GH and similar, or low enough doses of testosterone to not trip the ratios.
Right, but they could be using the rest of the year right as opposed to pro sports where they test randomly year round if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Old 07-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #211
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Right, but they could be using the rest of the year right as opposed to pro sports where they test randomly year round if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Yeah but do you really want to feel awesome for 46 weeks and then like crap right when it's time to perform? No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #212
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Quote:
@ 4:28 is that asian dude really wearing a sports bra? or is it some new gear I don't know about

Last edited by zikhkd; 07-17-2012 at 12:17 AM.
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #213
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
@ 4:28 is that asian dude really wearing a sports bra? or is it some new gear I don't know about
Frighteningly enough, thats a chick!

I think the saying that "crossfit makes men small and women hot" is generally true, but definitely NOT the case here!

Last edited by Glight; 07-17-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #214
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
oh man lol.

Quote:
Frighteningly enough, thats a chick!

I think the saying that "crossfit makes men small and women hot" is generally true, but definitely NOT the case here!
This is why I try to eat a lot and incorporate a lot of the heavy lifts too. I feel like to much of the main stuff site and a lot of other boxes ignore this stuff and make a cookie cutter program that incorporates both hard work but also interesting enough to keep your average "member" coming back.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #215
rohde88

Quote:
interesting enough to keep your average "member" coming back.
One of my main dislikes for CF
Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #216
DylloS

Quote:
Yeah but do you really want to feel awesome for 46 weeks and then like crap right when it's time to perform? No thanks.
would they really notice a huge difference if they slowly came off of it. Wouldn't the whole 40 something weeks on it get them to a better place than not doing it at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
One of my main dislikes for CF
exactly. My friend that joined a good box doesn't understand this. The best possible wods would have people dropping like flies. I think my workouts are much more intense than his and I know the average person would be like fuuck that lol

Last edited by DylloS; 07-17-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #217
Glight

The problem with most affiliates is they program workouts that are light enough that everyone can do but then they make them a ton of reps since the light weight is too easy for a lot of people.

For example I was at a CF gym a few weeks back and the workout was
21/15/9 of:
95lb Squat cleans
53lb KB swings

I personally see no benefit in doing 45 95lbs squat cleans.

They should have a workout like that written as:

9/7/5 of:
195lb squat cleans
88lb KB swings.

If its too heavy, scale down the weight. It should be hard enough that you probably cant do all of them unbroken. No one wants to hurt anyones feelings though and tell them they aren't strong enough and they have to scale..... Yay for mediocrity!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #218
rohde88

Quote:
The problem with most affiliates is they program workouts that are light enough that everyone can do but then they make them a ton of reps since the light weight is too easy for a lot of people.

21/15/9 of:
95lb Squat cleans
53lb KB swings

9/7/5 of:
195lb squat cleans
88lb KB swings.

If its too heavy, scale down the weight. It should be hard enough that you probably cant do all of them unbroken. No one wants to hurt anyones feelings though and tell them they aren't strong enough and they have to scale..... Yay for mediocrity!
100% agree, its not just hurt feelings its also difficult to scale weight. You have to use personal discretion in choosing a weight that is challenging, but less than 195lbs.

That takes time, effort and some gym knowledge (choosing a weight that won't hurt yourself, still effort, etc.).
Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #219
BreakMyWallet

Quote:
even though it is pretty dangerous to take it for 46 weeeks in itself. coming off it for a month or even 2 you still feel the effects of it. no way will they feel like crap until 6+ months after. stuff makes you want to work out frequently. even when you arent on it
Old 07-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #220
DylloS

Quote:

21/15/9 of:
95lb Squat cleans
53lb KB swings

9/7/5 of:
195lb squat cleans
88lb KB swings.

That's my goal now to make things heavier. It's a different type of exhaustion and most things have to go broken but it's ok. I'm more interested in quality reps then finishing a minute or two faster.

Looking for a wod tonight after some romanian deadlifts. I pressed, squat cleaned, swung a 53lb kb, and box jumped last night so I'd like to not repeat anything there. oh btw after my workout i said to my friend "i wonder if i can still do double unders" since it's been like two weeks and I banged out a pr of 64 unbroken on the first shot lol. Parts of my body were getting tired that never have on the double unders yet haha