E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
epistaxis2008

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Talking need some random answers please...

First off I feel like a retard...I've been here for months and just finally found where to post a new thread.

Ok so I have a 2002 330ci I had brake pads and rotors brand new when I bought it 11 months ago with about 127,000 miles and it has 131,00 now and has squealed regardless of the parts being replaced, I even went back to the dealer after 3 weeks and had him put another set of pads and no difference. I also tried brake silencer silicone spray and still no help to make the noise go away. It only happens when holding lightly on the brake at low speeds like when coming to a stop at a far red light.

I ordered a set of ceramic pads and would like some additional info before I replace em again this weekend.

thanks to all who can help!!!

---***sorry for the title saying random questions I am going to end up making each question a new post to get better results***---

Last edited by epistaxis2008; 06-09-2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: noticed missing info/ spellcheck
epistaxis2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
ac_2007

My Ride: E46 - M3 & 325i
Pads aren't the only braking component that needs to be changed. Ever think your rotors may be nearing the end of their life?

And pads should have been a DIY, they're easy enough.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
epistaxis2008

"Ok so I have a 2002 330ci I had brake pads and rotors brand new "

==

they were destroyed, very noticable without even bending over to take a close look so I requested the dealer to replace them before I bought it, then when I went to pick it up they were brand spankin new, nice n shiny n beefy...the pads n rotors were both bone at the time of purchase at about 127,000 miles the pads redone at about 1,000 miles pater cuz I figures they did something wrong, but the noise never left so I then figured they must have used cheap non conforming materials to save money since it was coming form their pocket and not being added to my purchase price
Old 06-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
ac_2007

This was my guess, cheap materials..

A family member spent $170 for pads & rotors all 'round instead of the traditional $800-900 at the dealer. 18 months later they are still holding up, but they have been squeaking for a few months already.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
epistaxis2008

squeaking sux, people think a frickin bus is coming

I can even hear mine sometimes over my radio, with the windows up and with the heat or a/c fan on...

drives me mad, it better be solved with these pads
Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
ac_2007

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-...mw-brakes.aspx

Next time buy OEM or brembo/zimmerman
Old 06-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
epistaxis2008

I did the pads sunday n they r fxckin awesome now...I've never heard such quiet brakes, they are ceramic, chamfered, slotted pads with rubber shim silencers on the back and I used liquid aluminum seize stop on the backing as well. I found em on advanceautoparts dot com and they were on sale and they gave me an extra discount cuz I was a first time buyer with a new online purchase acct.

also I have had my abs, brake, and dsc lights on, on my dashboard for over 6 months now but I was too lazy and waiting for good weather to investigate it, plus I didn't really wanna start dishin 100's to new abs sensors and wiring...turns out those abs jumpers would've been a waste anyway cuz a tiny spot of corrosion on the wire coming out of the abs connector box behind the tire on the inside of the wheel well was cut into and has a gap in the copper inside the wire, so I jumped it and taped it up and started it up, drove ten feet and the lights all reset themsleves and went out... I swear I almost shxt myself...I was so pumped to have something actually work and get accomplished lately it hasn't been so lucky with my car...I guess one step at a time.

Tags
brake, brake pads, brakes, pads, shoes