E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

View Poll Results: Which kit?
Rogue Engineering $185 two pulleys 21 36.84%
UUC $200 two pulleys 7 12.28%
Turner $250 three pulleys 19 33.33%
Other, please specify. 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #21
LivesNearCostco

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
Tried to get the UUC ones but they're still backordered. I would like to emphasize that UUC they treated me very nicely and didn't charge my credit card for the pulleys while I was waiting. They always give me great customer service as long as I call them and reach someone on the phone. Eventually I canceled the pulleys and bought some other stuff from UUC instead.

Got the Evosport pulleys from Bimmerworld. They shipped immediately but without any instructions. I used the Turner and RE instructions instead. Quality looks good, judging only on appearances. Only installed WP and PS pulleys because the alternator pulley was slightly taller than the stock Bosch pulley. BW confirmed I got the right pulley gave me some installation suggestions, which I haven't had time to try yet. Haven't dynoed the car since but took it to the track last Friday with just the two pulleys. Maybe the car accelerated a little faster in the straights than before, but it was hard to tell, and I had also gone to lighter wheels and newer O2 sensors. The M3s (and one E39 M5) still kicked my butt of course, but maybe they passed me a little more slowly than last time.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #22
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
...and not a one of you suggested the pulleys I know I'll get when I need them.

Jake, I'm disappoint...I'm cool with your bumper change (just coz it's you)...and I'm jealous of your being able to see at night, but I'm not liking where this thread is heading...just cause your messing with the engine and steering and alt and cooling. Bet your gauge won't register a difference, but I bet the cluster temp reading would...ditto the alt. On steering...only pulley I could understand if you had the boosted pump and loose feel.

...and don't come back here in a week wanting to know what color to paint these pulleys of yours!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
Old 06-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #23
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Solidjake, here is my suggestion for you.

Take your AC belt off the car. Drive the car for about a week or 2 and then tell me if you notice a difference in the cars behavior.

If you do and if you really like it , put the belt back on and take the money you wanted to spend on pulleys and go ahead and buy an OEM electric fan to replace your clutch fan on your car. You will feel identical difference.

Dont waste your money on those pulleys.

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Old 06-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #24
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
...and not a one of you suggested the pulleys I know I'll get when I need them.

Jake, I'm disappoint...I'm cool with your bumper change (just coz it's you)...and I'm jealous of your being able to see at night, but I'm not liking where this thread is heading...just cause your messing with the engine and steering and alt and cooling. Bet your gauge won't register a difference, but I bet the cluster temp reading would...ditto the alt. On steering...only pulley I could understand if you had the boosted pump and loose feel.

...and don't come back here in a week wanting to know what color to paint these pulleys of yours!
My friend has them on his car and has zero issues with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
Solidjake, here is my suggestion for you.

Take your AC belt off the car. Drive the car for about a week or 2 and then tell me if you notice a difference in the cars behavior.

If you do and if you really like it , put the belt back on and take the money you wanted to spend on pulleys and go ahead and buy an OEM electric fan to replace your clutch fan on your car. You will feel identical difference.

Dont waste your money on those pulleys.
I already have an electric fan if you've been paying attention to the other threads on the forum. Yes, I can feel a difference with the fan swap.

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Old 06-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #25
R0B

My Ride: zhp sedan
I got the TMS kit... Still haven't put on the alternator pulley since I have read a lot off shady/pointless things about it. If you want it then I could sell it to you for $20-25 (I have both the zkw/bosch and if you have the bosch alternator then I'll give it to you for $20).

I voted for the Rogue kit since I've seen so many people get them and everyone loves them. And you can pick up the alternator pulley from me for cheap. The alternator only really runs whenever it needs it so it doesn't really matter.

:Headers: :Header-back Magnaflow Exhuast: :UUC clutch/lightweight flywheel: :AA stage 1 supercharger: :VMR V710:
For sale: 3.46 differential, 18x8.0 style 135/18x8.5 style 135/ 19x8.5 varrstoen 1.1.2
Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #26
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Yes, I can feel a difference with the fan swap.
Now remove the AC belt for a week.

My point is that you can put that $200 into something much more beneficial for your car.

To this point noone has been able to convince me that pulleys do anything beneficial and to this point I havent bought them.

Does NY have an inspection or a snif test?

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #27
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
I've got these, http://www.koperformance.com/BMW/eng...ve_pulleys.htm they seem to work just fine. No issues on or off the track/mostly street. Came with P/S, W/P & belt. I did not dyno them separately, they were part of a total N/A recipe that made 35WHP & 30WTQ.

Good luck.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #28
GDA

My Ride: M5, 325i and 330i
A couple years ago I bought a used TMS set for my 01 325 and just a couple months ago also picked up a used Evosport set for the 330 vert. IMO.... the Evosport set is much higher quality in terms of construction and strength of components.

Both provided nice subtle improvements.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #29
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar255 View Post
TURNER, seriously i cant stress it enough the torque on my 325ci it crazy i can even pull on 330ci's well stock ones of course. They turned the car into an animal versus stock form.
this guy is such a joke gtfo
Old 06-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #30
alpinewhiteon18s

My Ride: 2004 330i
^ hahaha id jus get an intake.

Aurora 60LED Angel Eyes -Clear-corners,sides, and tails -Tint all around -RE ikon exhaust -RE RSMs -BMW performance intake -BMW performance cf strut bar -H&R Cup Kit -TMS sways -Powerflex RTABs -8000k HIDs -Black grills & Trim

Old 06-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #31
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar255 View Post
TURNER, seriously i cant stress it enough the torque on my 325ci it crazy i can even pull on 330ci's well stock ones of course. They turned the car into an animal versus stock form.
You really felt that much of a difference with just pullies?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #32
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWhip View Post
You really felt that much of a difference with just pullies?
comeon man this guy probobly dosent even have pulleys just leave it alone pulleys do nothing for our cars absolutely nothing
Old 06-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #33
323I00

My Ride: E46 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
comeon man this guy probobly dosent even have pulleys just leave it alone pulleys do nothing for our cars absolutely nothing
Can you justify to that because you at some point In time had a set on youre car ?

Why would they not play a role ?

Im expecting my pulleys at any point of time from TMS , Ill provide e46 Fanatics with a diy pictorial , as well as a dyno , Ive yet to dyno my car since Ive lightly modded It.
1st dyno run : EBAY HEADERS/HIGHLINE FULL CATBACK EXHAUST-KN CAI-W/O SHARK INJECTOR
2nd Dyno run:EBAY HEADERS/HIGHLINE FULL CATBACK EXHAUST-KN CAI-SHARK INJECTOR
3rd Dyno run:EBAY HEADERS/HIGHLINE FULL CATBACK EXHAUST-KN CAI-SHARK INJECTOR-TMS POWER PULLEYS.

Last edited by 323I00; 06-12-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #34
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
If the pulleys make a diff on the dyno I will go for them. I'm also looking at getting a performance intake now as well and maybe exhaust

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Old 06-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #35
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
If the pulleys make a diff on the dyno I will go for them. I'm also looking at getting a performance intake now as well and maybe exhaust
Check Iceman's dyno thread for the pully dyno. The got an honest +7 whp on a M54B30

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #36
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
thats what I thought, just making sure I guess haha.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #37
323I00

My Ride: E46 323I
Jake I Intend to dyno my car b4 BIMMERFEST , Ill provide the dyno run just as I shared In the above reply.I spoke to a mechanic whos worked on nothing but BMW"s and asked him would pulleys be an nice upgrade , He replied saying yes Indeed TMS Is the way to go.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #38
Steven747

haha wow some of these replys are fail.. wait untill you get them installed and dont see a difference.. has happened many many times before.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #39
TitaniumCranium
/// Limitless

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Check Iceman's dyno thread for the pully dyno. The got an honest +7 whp on a M54B30
I think something must have been off somewhere. Pulley's making that much of a difference? That's about 2/3 of what headers make if I remember aggie46's dyno posts. I can see that with increased flow you'd increase horsepower but I just can't see that pulley's would make that much difference.

I chose RE because they're comparitively inexpensive.

/// MODS
/// Auto => 6-Spd Manual Conversion | Apex EC-7 | Koni/Ground Control Coilovers | Vorshlag Camber Plates | Meyle HD LCA | PowerFlex bushings | GruppeM rep CAI | Shark Injector | 6000k HID's and Fogs | BMW European MTechII | BMW Performance Shifter | ACS Mirrors and Rear Spoiler ///
Old 06-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #40
e46techtuner

My Ride: 2000 328i
I would get the UUC kit. Its on my mod "to do list". I had the Turner ones but the alternator pulleys didnt fit, they sat forward too much. Which make the belt jump a groove. I even bought a extra alternator to try both pulleys and the customer service sucks. So in the end I just had the P/S and W/P pulleys on, it did feel like a made a difference. Seemed like it help with acceleration. Never had the car dynoed with them on though.