E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
hennep E46

My Ride: BMW e46 318i 1998
E93 M3 Rubin-schwarz extensive buffertrail removal

I don't often share my detailing jobs here but every once in a while something special comes by that i have to share. This is a ex BMW AG car he bought it with only 24000 km on the clock the car is from may 2009. It's a individual exterior with an individual interior
De dealer give him a extra option free of charge. The owner wasn't to happy with the result and the dealer wouldn't come thrue in solving the problem, their response was "it always looks like that, there is nothing we can do". He contacted me if i could help him
Washing the car

Cleaning the rims first step was washing with the presure hose, then treated with Meg's wheelbrightner then washed with Meg's shampoo plus after that we sprayed on some Carpro Iron-X to get rid of the last of the contaminents and baked in brakedust. the purple water is what still came of after washing

Then we drove of to our detailing area and placed it in 2 halogen 500W lamps, we were shocked when we saw the extend of buffertrails in the paint.

we clayed the car and then we started with a testspot. We used a D/A polisher with white CCS pad and a medium cutting compound. The buffertrails disappeared but some random deep scratches remaind

We scaled up the the polishing to a rotary and Meg's So1o diamond cutting pad and M105. this was the result after one pass

on the front was a small scratch that we wetsanded with P2000 and then gave 2 passes with the rotary and So1o pad with M105
before

After

Then we continued compounding the car using:
D/A polisher - white CCS pad - Monello Mezzo
D/A polisher - lightgreen CCS pad - Monello Finale
D/A polisher - black CCS pad - PoorboysWorld Black Hole

Then it was time for the finishing touch.

Then we drove the car outside to enjoy it in the sunshine

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
John in VA

My Ride: '00 Farngrün 328i
Great work, and I love the color!
'86 535i
'85 535i
'85 325e - RIP
'74 2002tii
John in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
AndrewBigA
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: QUEENS, NY
nice save. how do you like the smart wax paste wax? theyve got some killer products & they all smell good enough to eat!
AndrewBigA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:25 AM   #4
lopealle

My Ride: M5
Awesome
lopealle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #5
hennep E46

My Ride: BMW e46 318i 1998
@Big A, by far one of the best waxes i have ever used. easy-on easy-off. When you open the jar the smell of coconuts comes out. With propper care it lasts about 6 months