E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #21
BJohnson113

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANREC330 View Post
age doesn't matter as long as you have a basic understanding of how it works, i have a single 10 with an epicenter to control bass levels, its all in a set up, i have a video that a friend recorded from his car(windows closed) and i lowered my windows in a tunnel(driving behind him) and turned everything up, the bass from my car covered up his music in the video, its pretty intense ill have to find the video and i myself am only 18
oh alright thanks for the help and i know age doesnt matter. and i do have a basic understanding its just what ive read i just thought id get another "point of view" from people on here i also have a dad thats been a mechanic of 30+ years but cant really talk to him at the moment cause hes sleeping so i just thought that i could get some help from all of you
BJohnson113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #22
BJohnson113

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanscotch View Post
A good quality single subwoofer (either 10" or 12") will usually satisfy your needs and take up less trunk space.

I personally am running a single JL Audio 12W6 and absolutely LOVE the setup.

You will, however, hear plenty of opinions on different subs, different styles of music being better with certain subs and, obviously, a price range that is associated with each level of subwoofer out there. So, depends on what you listen to, whether quality or simply extreme decibals is your thing.

Back to head units:

A newer AUX capable OEM head unit and associated OEM AUX input would run you around $175-180 total.

A new ipod interface would run around the same price range. Some are slightly problematic (require being reset from time to time, etc). Steering wheel controls will be able to be used with most interface setups, which can be a convienence and a safer way to operate the ipod.
thanks for that and i mean i was thinking a Kicker 10" Single-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm and what size amp would you say i need?
BJohnson113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #23
rizwan1377

My Ride: 04 M56,LC 100,RX300
Send a message via AIM to rizwan1377 Send a message via MSN to rizwan1377 Send a message via Yahoo to rizwan1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJohnson113 View Post
oh alright thanks for the help and i know age doesnt matter. and i do have a basic understanding its just what ive read i just thought id get another "point of view" from people on here i also have a dad thats been a mechanic of 30+ years but cant really talk to him at the moment cause hes sleeping so i just thought that i could get some help from all of you
Samething here, i am 16 and my dad is a mechanic also, since last 20 years.

Tags
323i 2000, bmw, silver