E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #61
shifty1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: crows nest , sydney
Posts: 177
My Ride: e46 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Was that a custom tune made just for your car, or did they just use a premade software?
it was a custom tune just for my car these guys are the best in sydney
shifty1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #62
secono330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ>>>>FL
Posts: 2,966
My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
What's your redline at now?
secono330ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #63
shifty1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: crows nest , sydney
Posts: 177
My Ride: e46 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by secono330ci View Post
What's your redline at now?
about 6800 rpm
shifty1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #64
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Just updated the dyno thread. I have to say, after 4000rpm, that car looks like it would be a hell of a drive. I'm going to get off my ass now and plan some more mods.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #65
shifty1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: crows nest , sydney
Posts: 177
My Ride: e46 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Just updated the dyno thread. I have to say, after 4000rpm, that car looks like it would be a hell of a drive. I'm going to get off my ass now and plan some more mods.
ur spot on soon as it 4000 rpm its a hole different car ive raced a few cars already mercedes kompressor and ford focus turbo beet both cars and got the thumbs up im realy enjoying this car now
shifty1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #66
adame46man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 185
My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
wow just found this thread. Now I see no reason not to put the 272 /256 in my car. My redline is 7000 not that I redline it often shifft at 6800-6900 but thats great gains on a 323!! props!
__________________

Bimmerbrakes Headers, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Rogue Power Pulleys,Active Autowerke Software, Clear corners, side and tail lights, APEX ARC-8 wheels
adame46man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #67
TxZHP04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,728
My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by adame46man View Post
wow just found this thread. Now I see no reason not to put the 272 /256 in my car. My redline is 7000 not that I redline it often shifft at 6800-6900 but thats great gains on a 323!! props!
Just keep in mind that the gains shown on the OP's dyno are due to the tune associated with the cams and not the cams themselves (although the tune without the cams wouldn't have shown those gains). This just shows how critical it will be to find someone to properly dyno tune your car for these cams as I doubt there are any canned tunes for these cams. Also keep in mind that not just anyone seems to be able to tune the MS45 DME. Make sure you work out a tuning solution before jumping into this.
__________________
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:20 AM   #68
shifty1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: crows nest , sydney
Posts: 177
My Ride: e46 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxZHP04 View Post
Just keep in mind that the gains shown on the OP's dyno are due to the tune associated with the cams and not the cams themselves (although the tune without the cams wouldn't have shown those gains). This just shows how critical it will be to find someone to properly dyno tune your car for these cams as I doubt there are any canned tunes for these cams. Also keep in mind that not just anyone seems to be able to tune the MS45 DME. Make sure you work out a tuning solution before jumping into this.
good advice mate i did all my research before i jumped in to it its not as easy as just putting them in and headers and exauhst play a good role aswell
shifty1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #69
shifty1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: crows nest , sydney
Posts: 177
My Ride: e46 323ci
just put 30% bigger hi flow injectors in car getting re tuned next tuesday will let u know the results !!!
shifty1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #70
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
M54 intake manifold man!
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #71
secono330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ>>>>FL
Posts: 2,966
My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
How's the car going?
secono330ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #72
TrippinBimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ridgeland, MS
Posts: 5,384
My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by secono330ci View Post
How's the car going?
x2 so tempting
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #73
shifty1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: crows nest , sydney
Posts: 177
My Ride: e46 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by secono330ci View Post
How's the car going?
cars going realy good bit slugish off the bottom but once it get up to revs goes realy well havnt got tune done with the bigger injectors yet because i broke 2 engine mounts just before i was going to dyno so have to re book that and have also organized a new diff with lsd and 3.73 gears to make up for the loss down low have also orderd a stage 2 lightened fly wheel with m5 clutch conversion so waiting on all that first before i go back to dyno
shifty1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:59 AM   #74
Steven747
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,383
My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty1982 View Post
cars going realy good bit slugish off the bottom but once it get up to revs goes realy well havnt got tune done with the bigger injectors yet because i broke 2 engine mounts just before i was going to dyno so have to re book that and have also organized a new diff with lsd and 3.73 gears to make up for the loss down low have also orderd a stage 2 lightened fly wheel with m5 clutch conversion so waiting on all that first before i go back to dyno
your gunna hate the 3.73 even with a 7k redline
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:29 AM   #75
shifty1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: crows nest , sydney
Posts: 177
My Ride: e46 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
your gunna hate the 3.73 even with a 7k redline
whys that have done this mod already
shifty1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #76
secono330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ>>>>FL
Posts: 2,966
My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty1982 View Post
cars going realy good bit slugish off the bottom but once it get up to revs goes realy well havnt got tune done with the bigger injectors yet because i broke 2 engine mounts just before i was going to dyno so have to re book that and have also organized a new diff with lsd and 3.73 gears to make up for the loss down low have also orderd a stage 2 lightened fly wheel with m5 clutch conversion so waiting on all that first before i go back to dyno
Good to hear. Naturally with those cams you lose a lot down low, but with the new diff and lighter flywheel you'll gain that back again. Cait wait to see the dyno for the injectors. Dont forget, you owe me a video of that exhaust!!
secono330ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:32 AM   #77
shifty1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: crows nest , sydney
Posts: 177
My Ride: e46 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by secono330ci View Post
Good to hear. Naturally with those cams you lose a lot down low, but with the new diff and lighter flywheel you'll gain that back again. Cait wait to see the dyno for the injectors. Dont forget, you owe me a video of that exhaust!!
lol i will do it for u very soon sorry mate
shifty1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #78
323csmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: georgia
Posts: 7
My Ride: 323ci
Any updates on this, im planning a 323 biuld myself
__________________
323csmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #79
shifty1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: crows nest , sydney
Posts: 177
My Ride: e46 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323csmith View Post
Any updates on this, im planning a 323 biuld myself
diff is getting done today clutch is getting done tomorrow and tune will be next tuesday will let u know
shifty1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #80
bwallace530
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,866
My Ride: 325
This was a real interesting thread. Hope to see more
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use