E46 Fanatics Forum banner

E46330iguy's 330 AA Build

18K views 53 replies 30 participants last post by  TrippinBimmer 
#1 ·
So this year i stored my 330 all winter and after some long thinking i decided to turn my basically stock 330i into a project So i ordered a new Front bumper Headers and.....wait for it A supercharger kit from AA:evil: I installed it myself along with some help from a friend . I took a fewpictures but not very many of the header install Enjoy !

Front bumper/Headlights removed getting ready for headers install/new headlights and front bumper.

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Quick picture of the headers

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

The Supercharger :evil:

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

All the parts layed out

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Into the build, Some covers removed airbox is gone

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Tools everywhere....Im messy getting ready to mount the blower

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Finally Mounted, This was the hardest part actually as the alternator moved out of alignment . and was difficult to adjust back

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Garage needed for woodworking projects so car is moved to a friends shop

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Front fan removed for cooler ( Automatic)

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

BOV is installed

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Nearly done, Getting ready to install injectors

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

New filter is installed along with longer MAF wires

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Its done

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Time for a road test !

By e46330i at 2011-06-18

Thus ends my crummy walk through, sorry about the quality they are all cell phone pictures but i thought you guys would enjoy them :thumbup:

See less See more
#4 ·
None of your business :D But i did not pay even close to the price that the kit is listed for

#6 ·
I am not required to share how much my mods cost, if i wish to then i may but its not something I share, Thats like me asking me how much you make a year, its rude. Ill give you this, i save around 2500 bucks by doing it myself and buying this kit "used"

#9 ·
If you must know i spent $3000 on the kit as it was "used" Installed on a show car but never ran only the blower was used, the rest was all new

#15 · (Edited)
All tools accounted for. There isnt really a place for a tool to "fall" in You would almost have to purposely place a tool in the intake for that to happen

Hey, nice job, how did it run? And do you have auto or manual? What exhaust are you runnin with that?
Its an auto but this coming winter i will swap a 6 speed in along with other performance parts. I have bimmer brake headers and thats it for exhaust. It ran pretty good, We had troubles getting it running as we put the MAF in backwards :facepalm: so it would start but not run after we put it in the correct way it started and ran great, there was some adjustment that had to be done belt wise. It blew black smoke for about 10 min because of the old stale gas but its great now

#17 ·
Congrats on a job well done! Post vids or die! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

#18 ·
No video camera, Ill try and borrow one for some 0-60 times ect

#21 ·
Thanks guys, i have an autocross event at the end of the month i will let you guys know how it performs. I also have KONI red full adjustable suspension front and rear so it handles quite well :D

#30 · (Edited)
I should be able to with no problem now! I have 2 trucks so the car has seen the last of its snow!

op does the AA kit raise your rev to 7k or just 6500? also are you following the break in period? and maybe for that stale gas maybe some fuel treatment or seafoam even though i heard its questionable.

and good job on the price i wanna pick a kit up used but theres not that many of them out there
The kit raised my redline to 7 yes, the break in was 65 miles so it wasnt very long. The stale gas i am not worried about as soon as i filled the tank with 94 again the car stopped

doesn't mean its correct,wrap on a track or drag car is one thing, header wrap for yrs is no beuno, keep engine bay temps down,lol, do you think the heat is just eliminated by some sort of magic or that a few degrees is worth the breakdown of your headers?, i've argued this here to no end, do what you want, fact is , wrapping headers on a street driven car is just plain dumb
I have header wrapped nearly all my performance cars and they where all mostly street driven my 600 horse Camaros headers never "broke down" Nore does my old neighbors 1000hp + supercharged duster I have wires oil lines ect running near the exhaust and i am not going to take the chance melting them. Ive never had a problem with my headers falling apart. My car isnt a Racecar that is going to be running full boar for 8 hours straight its more of a weekened cruiser now

#24 ·
op does the AA kit raise your rev to 7k or just 6500? also are you following the break in period? and maybe for that stale gas maybe some fuel treatment or seafoam even though i heard its questionable. :)

and good job on the price i wanna pick a kit up used but theres not that many of them out there

#48 ·
:loco:

People wrap headers to make the exhaust more efficient. The wrap prevents the escape of the heat through the thin walls of the headers. Many people ceramic coat the headers and then wrap them so that no heat can escape. Its not because you want to keep the engine bay cooler its because you want your exhaust to function more efficiently. Efficiency = power.

Header wrap wont cause your headers to crack , thats BS , nor will ceramic coating.

Learn about these types of things.

#29 · (Edited)
doesn't mean its correct,wrap on a track or drag car is one thing, header wrap for yrs is no beuno, keep engine bay temps down,lol, do you think the heat is just eliminated by some sort of magic or that a few degrees is worth the breakdown of your headers?, i've argued this here to no end, do what you want, fact is , wrapping headers on a street driven car is just plain dumb

http://www.centuryperformance.com/exhaust-header-heat-wraps-do-not-use-spg-138.html

#32 ·
113k miles on itno compression test, Next year or the year after i plant to upgrade to stage 3 the engine is getting rebuilt for that anyways so no I didnt do a compression test but the Engine has always been in good condition and dosent burn oil so i am not concerned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.