E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #21
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
Oddest thing is that when I started having this problem I was tested for allergens. They actually took a piece of my stomach and said I have no allergies. I figured it out on my own. I'm actually wondering if this is really my problem or if it's something else entirely. Once next year gets here I'm signing up for my companies top notch health coverage and going to town on the tests. The last one they wanted to do was a HIDA scan and I never followed through.
Interesting. Was it an endoscopy? They diagnosed me with that and a blood test. They could see the damage to the villi.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #22
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Interesting. Was it an endoscopy? They diagnosed me with that and a blood test. They could see the damage to the villi.
That's where they stick the tube down your esophagus right? Yup, that's what they did and they told me there was nothing wrong. I really don't trust doctors though. I still felt like crap and all they kept doing was prescribing me pills. I was on Nexium for 2 months and it didn't help. My stomach has been a huge PITA for about 2 years now. Every Doc I go to keeps trying to diagnose me with acid reflux. I almost NEVER get heartburn but they don't listen.
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #23
Born Again
Registered User
 
Born Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Posts: 4,660
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Is a gluten free diet similar to paleo? No grains or processed foods. Meats, veggies, and fruits are pretty much the diet.
I was wondering the same

So if one had gluten issues what are the symptoms?

Im on the paleo diet and it's been about 2 months and I've noticed I have issue eating things like a donuts and processed meat. It tasted wrong; kinda hard to explain.
__________________

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #24
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
I was wondering the same

So if one had gluten issues what are the symptoms?

Im on the paleo diet and it's been about 2 months and I've noticed I have issue eating things like a donuts and processed meat. It tasted wrong; kinda hard to explain.
Unfortunately it can be anything. Celiac is an autoimmune disease. I IDK if you read the thread; but it affects everyone differently. Commonly it's stomach pain/throwing up/diarrhea etc. With me it's constant burping and sensations that aren't too pleasant in my chest and stomach; mostly air.

There are a number of people who have a sensitivity that DO NOT have Celiac. I'm pretty sure I'm one of them. Either that or I've done some serious but undetectable by a scope damage to my stomach.

Check out this article. It's the first I've found of many:

(Love or hate that it's the Huffington Post)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar..._b_379089.html

My advice to you is that if you feel better without the bread; stick to it. I actually don't miss a whole lot. I make my own pizza etc. and it's quite good actually.
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #25
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
That's where they stick the tube down your esophagus right? Yup, that's what they did and they told me there was nothing wrong. I really don't trust doctors though. I still felt like crap and all they kept doing was prescribing me pills. I was on Nexium for 2 months and it didn't help. My stomach has been a huge PITA for about 2 years now. Every Doc I go to keeps trying to diagnose me with acid reflux. I almost NEVER get heartburn but they don't listen.
Yeah, that's the one. Man, that fvcking sucks. Sorry to hear that. The 2 months before they diagnosed me were probably the worst 2 months (physically) of my life--basically got really sick every day.

Hope you're able to find some answers soon.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #26
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Yeah, that's the one. Man, that fvcking sucks. Sorry to hear that. The 2 months before they diagnosed me were probably the worst 2 months (physically) of my life--basically got really sick every day.

Hope you're able to find some answers soon.
Yup, Once the first of next year hits I'm going in for some real answers. I feel better but not 100%. How long after you found out you had it did you truly feel back to normal?
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #27
M3Inline6
I'm now boosting! Funnnn!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: I'm absolutely omnipresent!
Posts: 1,776
My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
It's times like this when I'm extremely proud of our member base.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #28
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
Yup, Once the first of next year hits I'm going in for some real answers. I feel better but not 100%. How long after you found out you had it did you truly feel back to normal?
Once I switched to the g-free diet I noticed a dramatic change in how I felt almost immediately. But, it took up to 6 months for me to get the hang of eating the way I needed to. During that time I noticed I was sensitive to foods that were technically g-free--for ex. dairy, corn, and alcohol. After doing some research I found this wasn't uncommon during the transition period. I guess since my stomach was still technically repairing itself from the damage I'd done, so it was more sensitive to those things.

Slowly but surely, since then (~year) I've been able to reintroduce dairy, corn, and alcohol back into my diet without having a bad reaction/feeling too uncomfortable. Being able to do so has been a huge help with respect to eating out/feeling like a normal person, haha.

If you remember to, let us know what you find out when you head back into the doc next January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
It's times like this when I'm extremely proud of our member base.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #29
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
It's times like this when I'm extremely proud of our member base.
Good not to see a pissing match right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Once I switched to the g-free diet I noticed a dramatic change in how I felt almost immediately. But, it took up to 6 months for me to get the hang of eating the way I needed to. During that time I noticed I was sensitive to foods that were technically g-free--for ex. dairy, corn, and alcohol. After doing some research I found this wasn't uncommon during the transition period. I guess since my stomach was still technically repairing itself from the damage I'd done, so it was more sensitive to those things.

Slowly but surely, since then (~year) I've been able to reintroduce dairy, corn, and alcohol back into my diet without having a bad reaction/feeling too uncomfortable. Being able to do so has been a huge help with respect to eating out/feeling like a normal person, haha.

If you remember to, let us know what you find out when you head back into the doc next January.




^This is kind of where I'm at now. I eat pretty much everything except I've cut out caffeine(still drink decaf) and alcohol(not drinking ANY). I had an episode in June when I took my mother to a concert for her b-day and had a few drinks beforehand(all GF), then some dinner(GF, supposedly, though I question this). 3 hours later after the concert I felt like total crap. Literally felt like I was dying.

I waited a month and had two glasses of white wine with a friends mother at dinner and had the same feeling repeat themselves but not quite as bad.

I do have dairy, but usually use almond milk and other things instead of milk, maybe cream in the decaf coffee and the whey protein that is in my protein bars(ThinkThin PB chocolate; they're delicious and GF). Some ice cream occasionally, I think dairy is a bit rough on everyone as it is though.

Aside from that I have noticed that things that are oily tend to bother me as well if I eat them during the day.

I did feel a huge change once I went GF. I'm still bouncing this stuff off of you to see what you think; or if you've heard/experienced similar! Thanks!
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #30
Born Again
Registered User
 
Born Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Posts: 4,660
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
Unfortunately it can be anything. Celiac is an autoimmune disease. I IDK if you read the thread; but it affects everyone differently. Commonly it's stomach pain/throwing up/diarrhea etc. With me it's constant burping and sensations that aren't too pleasant in my chest and stomach; mostly air.

There are a number of people who have a sensitivity that DO NOT have Celiac. I'm pretty sure I'm one of them. Either that or I've done some serious but undetectable by a scope damage to my stomach.

Check out this article. It's the first I've found of many:

(Love or hate that it's the Huffington Post)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar..._b_379089.html

My advice to you is that if you feel better without the bread; stick to it. I actually don't miss a whole lot. I make my own pizza etc. and it's quite good actually.
I read the drudge report believe they're owned by the same enterprise

Wow well I used to fart a ton but I knew I was lactose intollerant.

Only drink coconut milk with shakes now. No cereal.

I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms but it sounds like u have a handle on it now
__________________

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #31
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
^This is kind of where I'm at now. I eat pretty much everything except I've cut out caffeine(still drink decaf) and alcohol(not drinking ANY). I had an episode in June when I took my mother to a concert for her b-day and had a few drinks beforehand(all GF), then some dinner(GF, supposedly, though I question this). 3 hours later after the concert I felt like total crap. Literally felt like I was dying.

I waited a month and had two glasses of white wine with a friends mother at dinner and had the same feeling repeat themselves but not quite as bad.

I do have dairy, but usually use almond milk and other things instead of milk, maybe cream in the decaf coffee and the whey protein that is in my protein bars(ThinkThin PB chocolate; they're delicious and GF). Some ice cream occasionally, I think dairy is a bit rough on everyone as it is though.

Aside from that I have noticed that things that are oily tend to bother me as well if I eat them during the day.

I did feel a huge change once I went GF. I'm still bouncing this stuff off of you to see what you think; or if you've heard/experienced similar! Thanks!
I'm all about almond milk too. And, I buy those Think Thin bars by the box on the regular! Love them & Kind bars.

The first glass of red wine I had after being GF for a few months gave me a headache/migraine that lasted ~36 hours. No joke. Nothing worse than falling asleep with a headache only to wake up & still have it. At that point I just swore off alcohol all together.

Then, a few months later I tried some pinot grigio and I was totally fine with it. I thought I'd be fine with all white wines until I tried chardonnay & that gave me a bad headache. So, I've been sticking with pinot grigio & it's been agreeing with my gut. I did a little research on this & people claimed that it may have to do with what type of barrels the wine is kept/aged in. Also read that sometimes they use a gluten containing flour paste to seal the wine barrels--pics of them doing it here: http://www.stavin.com/barrelsystems/insert.htm. Here's a thread w/ppl discussing it: http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/to...h-flour-paste/

Celiac.com's forum may be useful to you even though you may not technically have celiac. There's lots of info re: GF living. Some people have gone to great lengths to get the info, contacting manufacturers about their packaging processes & what not.

(Side note: being a (former) beer guy & not wanting to look like a tool at bars I started getting my wine in low-ball/scotch glasses instead of stemmed wine glasses. I found out the hard way that if the bar doesn't clean them well enough I get cross-contaminated from the glasses b/c they use them for liquor that has gluten. Two weeks ago I was puking my guts out every 1/2 hour from 3 a.m. - 8 a.m. Almost went to the ER. Took my gut a week to feel somewhat normal again.)

Damn gluten is hiding EVERYWHERE
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #32
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
I'm all about almond milk too. And, I buy those Think Thin bars by the box on the regular! Love them & Kind bars.

The first glass of red wine I had after being GF for a few months gave me a headache/migraine that lasted ~36 hours. No joke. Nothing worse than falling asleep with a headache only to wake up & still have it. At that point I just swore off alcohol all together.

Then, a few months later I tried some pinot grigio and I was totally fine with it. I thought I'd be fine with all white wines until I tried chardonnay & that gave me a bad headache. So, I've been sticking with pinot grigio & it's been agreeing with my gut. I did a little research on this & people claimed that it may have to do with what type of barrels the wine is kept/aged in. Also read that sometimes they use a gluten containing flour paste to seal the wine barrels--pics of them doing it here: http://www.stavin.com/barrelsystems/insert.htm. Here's a thread w/ppl discussing it: http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/to...h-flour-paste/

Celiac.com's forum may be useful to you even though you may not technically have celiac. There's lots of info re: GF living. Some people have gone to great lengths to get the info, contacting manufacturers about their packaging processes & what not.

(Side note: being a (former) beer guy & not wanting to look like a tool at bars I started getting my wine in low-ball/scotch glasses instead of stemmed wine glasses. I found out the hard way that if the bar doesn't clean them well enough I get cross-contaminated from the glasses b/c they use them for liquor that has gluten. Two weeks ago I was puking my guts out every 1/2 hour from 3 a.m. - 8 a.m. Almost went to the ER. Took my gut a week to feel somewhat normal again.)

Damn gluten is hiding EVERYWHERE
Oh alcohol how I miss thee. I was a beer guy too; IPA's to Belgians. I am aware of the wine barrel issue but thought it was only Australian wines. I'm definitely looking at wine once I can comfortably start drinking again. The GF beer is alright but it doesn't have any balls really. I was told Smirnoff regular Vodka was good as well as anything that isn't distilled from grains. Of course I took that to heart and started drinking it out of the bottle...

I did have a sample of a batch of Raspberry Peach hard cider that I brewed myself on the 4th of july and that seemed to go well. Obviously I knew that was gluten free.

As far the GF living goes I'm well on my way and have delved pretty deep into doing some research. I shop mostly at Trader Joe's and online at Vitacost. I find the gluten free breads amusing. They shrink to nothing as soon as you open them lol.
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #33
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
Oh alcohol how I miss thee. I was a beer guy too; IPA's to Belgians. I am aware of the wine barrel issue but thought it was only Australian wines. I'm definitely looking at wine once I can comfortably start drinking again. The GF beer is alright but it doesn't have any balls really. I was told Smirnoff regular Vodka was good as well as anything that isn't distilled from grains. Of course I took that to heart and started drinking it out of the bottle...

I did have a sample of a batch of Raspberry Peach hard cider that I brewed myself on the 4th of july and that seemed to go well. Obviously I knew that was gluten free.

As far the GF living goes I'm well on my way and have delved pretty deep into doing some research. I shop mostly at Trader Joe's and online at Vitacost. I find the gluten free breads amusing. They shrink to nothing as soon as you open them lol.
Oh man, I miss IPAs more than anything. That and real pizza. Actually, that was the last real beer I had before my diagnosis Redbridge beer sucks ass compared to real beer. As for bread, I don't even go there. Everyone says if you want good sh!t you have to bake it yourself; and while I like to cook, I'm not looking to become a regular baker just yet.

I live at Trader Joe's too. Used to go to Whole Paycheck/Foods, but not so much anymore.

I didn't drink much hard alcohol before getting celiac. Stopped once I got a little older--brings out the beast, haha! Haven't had great luck with it since being GF. Brings on headaches for me.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #34
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
I read the drudge report believe they're owned by the same enterprise

Wow well I used to fart a ton but I knew I was lactose intollerant.

Only drink coconut milk with shakes now. No cereal.

I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms but it sounds like u have a handle on it now
Yeah the lactose thing doesn't seem to bother me. Have you ever tried taking an enzyme? Coconut milk is good; I tend to switch back and forth between almond and coconut. Shop the sales lol.
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #35
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Oh man, I miss IPAs more than anything. That and real pizza. Actually, that was the last real beer I had before my diagnosis Redbridge beer sucks ass compared to real beer. As for bread, I don't even go there. Everyone says if you want good sh!t you have to bake it yourself; and while I like to cook, I'm not looking to become a regular baker just yet.

I live at Trader Joe's too. Used to go to Whole Paycheck/Foods, but not so much anymore.

I didn't drink much hard alcohol before getting celiac. Stopped once I got a little older--brings out the beast, haha! Haven't had great luck with it since being GF. Brings on headaches for me.
Yeah I'm slowly exploring things. I have liked the GF pizzas I've made; but it could just be my pride lol. There is a GF beer called New Grist, can't recall who makes it but it's loads better than redbridge. Those are the only two I've had. I was a scotch drinker as well and it appears im totally SOL on that one.
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #36
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Ghorn I took your recommendation on a rice cooker and bought one. Awesome so far. Post some recipes you use if you can.
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #37
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
Ghorn I took your recommendation on a rice cooker and bought one. Awesome so far. Post some recipes you use if you can.
Nice! Haven't made this is a while, but I used to make my own version of Chipolte's burrito bowl.

-Season & sear some chicken breast, then chop it into cubes
(most Mccormick spices are GF & I think they have a fajita/mexican spice blend. Or, you can just look up a fajita recipe & use those spices)
-saute peppers & red onion in some oil
-As for the rice, here's Chipolte's lime cilantro rice recipe:
http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=rice_recipe

2 tsp. fresh cilantro
1 Lime

Since I was using a rice cooker, I'd cook the rice in there as I would normally; then, mix in the lime & chopped cilantro right after is was done cooking/right before I was ready to serve it. Just be sure not to let the cilantro sit in the hot rice pot for a long time after adding it because it will wilt/turn dark green. Mix in chicken & veggies & you're all set!

Oh, a lot of the rice cookers will come with a little tray that sits on top of the pot, but under the lid:



It's a great way to steam veggies while cooking your rice.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #38
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Nice! Haven't made this is a while, but I used to make my own version of Chipolte's burrito bowl.

-Season & sear some chicken breast, then chop it into cubes
(most Mccormick spices are GF & I think they have a fajita/mexican spice blend. Or, you can just look up a fajita recipe & use those spices)
-saute peppers & red onion in some oil
-As for the rice, here's Chipolte's lime cilantro rice recipe:
http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=rice_recipe

2 tsp. fresh cilantro
1 Lime

Since I was using a rice cooker, I'd cook the rice in there as I would normally; then, mix in the lime & chopped cilantro right after is was done cooking/right before I was ready to serve it. Just be sure not to let the cilantro sit in the hot rice pot for a long time after adding it because it will wilt/turn dark green. Mix in chicken & veggies & you're all set!

Oh, a lot of the rice cookers will come with a little tray that sits on top of the pot, but under the lid:



It's a great way to steam veggies while cooking your rice.

Crap Mine was the cheapie Black & Decker one that didn't come with the steamer. Should have looked into it more damnit. Recipe sounds good, I have saved it. Thus far a recipe I've none was some chopped onions, 2 tbsp of Tamari soy, and the rest water thrown into the pot and cooked the whole time with the rice. I added some peas to it that I cooked on the side and it was pretty damn good. I've only used it twice and gotten some pretty decent results.

Will report back with other successful recipes.
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #39
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
Crap Mine was the cheapie Black & Decker one that didn't come with the steamer. Should have looked into it more damnit. Recipe sounds good, I have saved it. Thus far a recipe I've none was some chopped onions, 2 tbsp of Tamari soy, and the rest water thrown into the pot and cooked the whole time with the rice. I added some peas to it that I cooked on the side and it was pretty damn good. I've only used it twice and gotten some pretty decent results.

Will report back with other successful recipes.
Sounds good. I'll have to give that a try. If you haven't already, I'd try experimenting with different rices as well. I like to use basmati w/mexican dishes, jasmine with stir-frys, and brown rice when I want something a little healthier. And, using 1/2 chicken stock & 1/2 water is another easy way to add some flavor the rice.

Btw, my rice cooker isn't as pro looking as that one at all. I wish I got one with more bells & whistles, too.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.

Last edited by ghorn; 08-12-2011 at 11:52 AM.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #40
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Sounds good. I'll have to give that a try. If you haven't already, I'd try experimenting with different rices as well. I like to use basmati w/mexican dishes, jasmine with stir-frys, and brown rice when I want something a little healthier. And, using 1/2 chicken stock & 1/2 water is another easy way to add some flavor the rice.

Btw, my rice cooker isn't as pro looking as that one at all. I wish I got one with more bells & whistles, too.
Yeah I'm noticing mine has an issue with burning the rice on the bottom. Definitely shouldn't be doing that. I'm probably going to take it back and upgrade. I haven't gotten into the aromatic rices yet. Been sticking to the Brown and White but I plan to get there soon.
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use