E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2017, 06:09 AM   #1
_aei

My Ride: BMW E46 330ci
Soft top flap not lifted

Dears, hi

I've faced with some problem with my cabriolet.

First of all, i don'd have problems with 'closing' only with "opening"

My roof doesn't go further to the "trunk" and system gives something like "error" and everything stops.
That section where is roof rear glass stops in the middle of the process, like this:
(sorry for big image. that's just for preview)

Yesterday was kind of miracle, because we suddenly had open roof and it worked properly (?!) In this case we noticed that this is not hydraulic problem.
Then we close roof again and after that, roof again did not want to work properly.

Also i have this error - Soft top flap not lifted - 96 (attached photo)

Anyone can help with this?
As i understand, this is electronic problem (sensor probably?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3052.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	654218  
_aei is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
intensity

My Ride: 318CI
You could try the relay first, really easy to get to and cheap to replace, the relay part is 54347025596, or you can test it with a freind relay
afyer that with the pump. The solenoid that controls the storage lid cylinders is attached to the pump as well
intensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
_aei

My Ride: BMW E46 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensity View Post
You could try the relay first, really easy to get to and cheap to replace, the relay part is 54347025596, or you can test it with a freind relay
afyer that with the pump. The solenoid that controls the storage lid cylinders is attached to the pump as well
Hi

at this day, all we know is that problem is with kind of sensor (all OK with hydraulic)
just need to find out, which one is dead
_aei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabrio, cabriolet, error 96, sensor, soft flap