E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
clnilsen

My Ride: 2001 325 Ci
Spec dock charging problem with iPhone

I just got a new spec dock to mate up to my dice mediabridge that I just installed in my 2002 M3 cab. Unfortunately, I'm having a challenge getting my phone to charge, which was a big reason for getting it.

The install was fairly straightforward, and I can currently play music through my mediabridge on the USB connection. However, I cannot seem to get my iPhone 4 to charge while in the spec dock. Plugging the iPhone into the USB port directly (bypassing the spec dock) with an apple cable results in the phone charging properly, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with those two. I also am getting no errors when I plug in the phone to the dock either.

Has anyone else had a problem with their spec dock? One thing I've noticed vs any other pictures of the cable end of the spec dock on mine ends in. 30 pin female connector, vs a round pin like I have seen in many videos online. Is it possible the combination of the two (white 30 pin able cable to USB plus the cable on the spec dock) is causing too much voltage drop?

I also saw on spec docs website they sell a charging pigtail that appears to go between the dock and the output device it connects to. Not sure if maybe indeed that instead?

Thanks!
(this space reserved for a future E30 :-) )
clnilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.