E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #61
Ashhong

My Ride: 2002 325i
If the airbag deployed and crushed a necklace into your chest, how did you get out of the car "while" it was still being deployed, which takes less time then opening a car door?
Ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #62
Tex323GripIsKey

My Ride: 2000 323i Green
I am going to take a wild guess and say you were gunning it into the turn... pretty long strait away.. enough to get upto around 30-60 mph and scare the **** out of your friends. Then the turn comes up, you hesitate because you want it to last a second longer to make them even more enthralled, once it was too late to safely make the turn you either A-hit the brakes and they locked for a second sending you into the power slide, B-pulled the e-brake and sent yourself into what you thought was Tokyo drift the movie. BAM. What happend in between the bam? If deer were anywhere near the road you use it right away to explain why you "swerved" and hit an object. Either way man no one wreaks at 15mph and has the car burst into flames(eh it's probably possible in the right senario). I'm not doubting your story as to what happend in the end, I just think you were dicking around on the road a little more than you have told us. Care to give a refined story? As you recall it now? Hey, if you're completely telling the truth, you need to join a movie stunt crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
I used to drive fast and cowboy around, but then I realized that I can't even afford bumping into someone, so now it's slow and classy, with occasional spurts of speed. Fanatics might pick on each other from time to time, but we are all one great big family that looks out for each other in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
I pull up to meets, lean to one side, shakin my finger at all da playahaterz. Then I get back into my car and flash mah beamz.
323i brakes & rotors
Tex323GripIsKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #63
Tex323GripIsKey

My Ride: 2000 323i Green
Can we have some more pics of your car before and after? Paaaaa paa paleeessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
I used to drive fast and cowboy around, but then I realized that I can't even afford bumping into someone, so now it's slow and classy, with occasional spurts of speed. Fanatics might pick on each other from time to time, but we are all one great big family that looks out for each other in the end.
Quote:
I pull up to meets, lean to one side, shakin my finger at all da playahaterz. Then I get back into my car and flash mah beamz.
323i brakes & rotors
Tex323GripIsKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #64
omarmarji
Banned User

My Ride: E36 332i
those were all the pics i have of the after...and i never said i was going 15mph... i said the speed limit was 15mph and i was double that speed.

and ashhong to answer quuestion...it all happened so fast im not sure how i managed to open the door and run out like that but thats what happened, if you wanna keep questioning me then go ahead

edit: ok i see why you guys are saying that my bad, i just for got to put the word "double" when i was explaining my story that why the grammer was all messed up in that area.. "my speed was (i forgot to put double here) the speed limit.." sry typos happen

Last edited by omarmarji; 05-18-2012 at 02:45 PM.
omarmarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #65
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarmarji View Post
those were all the pics i have of the after...and i never said i was going 15mph... i said the speed limit was 15mph and i was double that speed.

and ashhong to answer quuestion...it all happened so fast im not sure how i managed to open the door and run out like that but thats what happened, if you wanna keep questioning me then go ahead

edit: ok i see why you guys are saying that my bad, i just for got to put the word "double" when i was explaining my story that why the grammer was all messed up in that area.. "my speed was (i forgot to put double here) the speed limit.." sry typos happen
grammar.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #66
omarmarji
Banned User

Quote:
grammar.
i know :/ lol im just always in a rush when ever i type anything, i dont know why
Old 05-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #67
Ashhong

My Ride: 2002 325i
You corrected yourself once, maybe you need to do it again.

You said the airbag deployed and pushed the cross into your neck. You also say that you were able to jump out of the car in the split second it takes for an airbag to deploy. How could you jump out before the airbag, yet take injury from the airbag? It doesn't make any sense.
Ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #68
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
grammar.
I seen'ed his poor granmar too. It confused me.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #69
e46JAB

My Ride: Titan over Tannin
Sorry to hear about the car, couple of questions for you though.

What did you use to restore the alcantara steering wheel? Mine is starting to look rough.

What is your input on the pulleys? Notice anything or was there just a placebo effect?
Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #70
omarmarji
Banned User

wow this was so long ago lol well for the pulleys all i can say it is not worth 250 bucks brad new, yea i guess i kinda felt the difference but not by much, it only helped with throttle response...if you can find a used set for 150 bucks then i say go for it but other then that it isnt worth it... as for the alcantara.i used shoe suede cleaner( http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg ) they sell these at any shoe store... and i used magic eraser original(http://media.mrclean.com/en_US/produ...d01_img_01.jpg) then i also used an electric lint trimmer(http://www.allbrands.com/images/prod...1849_29441.jpg) ... the trimmer was to trim down and even out the material after all the brushing and scrubbing.. just make sure that the suede is wet before working on it and trim it done when it dries up
Old 05-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #71
e46JAB

My Ride: Titan over Tannin
Thanks man!!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #72
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
I really want to feel bad for you, but if your lying then there's no point in feeling bad.
If you ARE telling the truth then i'm glad your okay.
Moral of story: Be careful of trees, sometimes they jump out in front of you

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #73
omarmarji
Banned User

^ they really did lol
Old 09-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #74
agent050

My Ride: 2005 M3
OP,

I have read all the comments on the this thread and have seen the pictures on the other thread you started. Hmmm, looks like the main impact point was at the front passenger side of the vehicle. At 30 MPH, you hit that tree really good. My condolences to your now ex-bimmer.

Look, I was once 22 and that was when people parked their ricers at my local Starbucks on Friday and Saturday night to show off their wanna-be Fast and Furious cars. I had a little hatchback Civic Si that I kept bone stock--it made me sick every time I saw a ***** trying to be what it wasn't. That said, I have been in similar shoes except with a less expensive car. At age 22, hanging out with the guys and talking about whose care is faster and this and that is acceptable; however, to go out and show one of your buddies what your bimmer can do only proves that you meant to show your buddy. What does that really mean? Well, how your car handles when going fast through a curve, how fast your car can go and so on--all careless driving and I am sure over the posted speed limit. I can only say this, you know very well how fast you were going and how many deer were around. If I were the insurance company, I too would deny your claim. I am no one to say that your accident was clearly led by stupidity, but I sure hope you learned your lesson.

Nonetheless, I am glad you and your buddy made it out ok.

Respectfully,

HP
agent050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #75
agent050

My Ride: 2005 M3
Also, you sound like a nice kid, but a little immature (at age 22, who isn't) so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Make sure you take everything life throws at you and analyze it more than once and overall learn from it.
agent050 is offline   Reply With Quote