E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #321
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
I've always wondered if there is such a thing as a positive schizophrenia where you hear people telling you all kinds of good things and you become insanely successful. By the book, a mental quirk isn't an illness until it becomes a problem.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #322
TayloMade[07]

My Ride: '12 Frontier Pro-4x
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Who/what is dutchinse?
edit: HAARP Prophet? Really? http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread751827/pg1
Dutchsinse is just some random youtube user, he know's his stuff it seems - he is always talking about the Earthquakes and HAARP stuff - he's no prophet I know that - he has been taking alot of **** latly, his youtube account was hacked and taken down, blog was taken down, all of the stuff he had was taken down for some period of time - its back up now, but he is not posting as much as he used to.. I have no idea why all these people are tearing strips out of him though, calling him out for numerious things... check his youtube account out - all of his Earthquake?HAARP stuff interests me.

Last edited by TayloMade[07]; 09-19-2011 at 04:10 PM.
TayloMade[07] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #323
cowmoo32
drunken science

It interests me too, but I've accepted the fact that 99% of what I read about the project is coming from some conspiracy theorist locked up in his basement somewhere and that's turned me off from wasting my time with it.

flickher

Old 09-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #324
cowmoo32
drunken science

Scientists are being tried for manslaughter because they didn't warn of an earthquake Really?
http://www.boston.com/news/world/eur...r_italy_quake/

flickher

Old 09-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #325
Rubenk

My Ride: M35A2
Gallery of Solar Analemma's.

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Solar-Analemma.htm
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #326
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Alright, I'll give someone $5 to shock my brain into calc II success.

http://www.gizmag.com/electrical-bra...ulation/19899/
Old 09-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #327
cowmoo32
drunken science

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Alright, I'll give someone $5 to shock my brain into calc II success.

http://www.gizmag.com/electrical-bra...ulation/19899/
There was a special on the science channel where they used something similar, just magnetic fields to induce a current in the brain, to treat a man with aspergers who was an engineering prodigy but couldn't function socially because he didn't recognize human emotions. They stimulated the part of his brain responsible for emotion and voilą he was cured until it wore off.

flickher

Old 09-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #328
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
There was a special on the science channel where they used something similar, just magnetic fields to induce a current in the brain, to treat a man with aspergers who was an engineering prodigy but couldn't function socially because he didn't recognize human emotions. They stimulated the part of his brain responsible for emotion and voilą he was cured until it wore off.
I'd have thought it would be like the mice where once the connections are formed, they'd remain. Though his issue may have more to do with a non-functioning part of the brain as opposed to just forming more synapses/memories.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #329
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
I've always wondered if there is such a thing as a positive schizophrenia where you hear people telling you all kinds of good things and you become insanely successful. By the book, a mental quirk isn't an illness until it becomes a problem.
I dated a woman that believed the Bible literally. She thought that the prophets in the Bible were chosen by God, but that anyone who had psychic abilities today was an agent of the Devil.

She asked me what I would do if I heard a message from God and I told her I would probably consult a psychiatrist and she was upset with me because no one trusted God anymore....

If it came from the Bible it was ok, but anywhere else it was the Devil.
Raymond42262 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #330
Raymond42262

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayloMade[07] View Post
all of his Earthquake?HAARP stuff interests me.

Everyone knows you can't predict earthquakes, but seismologists/geologists in Italy were charged with manslaughter yesterday because they failed to adequately warn Italians of an earthquake in 2009.

I know the science is getting better but it has not gotten to the point that we can predict when they will occur. Everytime someone makes a prediction it falls flat.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #331
Raymond42262

Quote:
Scientists are being tried for manslaughter because they didn't warn of an earthquake Really?
http://www.boston.com/news/world/eur...r_italy_quake/

whoops..sorry I missed this .......
Old 09-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #332
cowmoo32
drunken science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
I dated a woman that believed the Bible literally. She thought that the prophets in the Bible were chosen by God, but that anyone who had psychic abilities today was an agent of the Devil.

She asked me what I would do if I heard a message from God and I told her I would probably consult a psychiatrist and she was upset with me because no one trusted God anymore....

If it came from the Bible it was ok, but anywhere else it was the Devil.
If all the stories of religious prophets didn't stem from the same person/event, then there's no doubt in my mind that Jesus was a nut job. How many people are locked up right now because they're claiming to be the second coming of christ?

flickher

Old 09-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #333
cowmoo32
drunken science

Martian sunset. Sh!t.

flickher

Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #334
cowmoo32
drunken science

This is pretty old, so I can't imagine where the technology is today, but was anyone else aware that we can pull images directly from the brain?
http://www.futurefeeder.com/2005/06/...rom-the-brain/

flickher

Old 09-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #335
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
I knew that we actually sent images into the brain. Simple shapes and layouts and such, but still... Huge potential. One day we'll be connected to the internet through our brains, controlling our inner PCs with heads-up displays embedded in our field of vision.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #336
cowmoo32
drunken science

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I knew that we actually sent images into the brain. Simple shapes and layouts and such, but still... Huge potential. One day we'll be connected to the internet through our brains, controlling our inner PCs with heads-up displays embedded in our field of vision.
oled contact lenses will be the first step toward bio-integrated internet. A few years ago a team in Oregon was working on lenses that had only a few pixels, but this was before oled technology blew up. I would imagine they've made steps toward a legitimate display by now.

flickher

Old 09-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #337
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
oled contact lenses will be the first step toward bio-integrated internet. A few years ago a team in Oregon was working on lenses that had only a few pixels, but this was before oled technology blew up. I would imagine they've made steps toward a legitimate display by now.
Sure, eventually though, I believe we'll be able to project these images virtually to our brains. You'd control everything with your thoughts.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #338
triniboy18

My Ride: 2000 323 Ci
20 year old space craft falls out of its orbit and plans to crash back to earth!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15009337
triniboy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #339
cowmoo32
drunken science

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Sure, eventually though, I believe we'll be able to project these images virtually to our brains. You'd control everything with your thoughts.
Oh no question. Give it another 30 years or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triniboy18 View Post
20 year old space craft falls out of its orbit and plans to crash back to earth!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15009337
Quote:
Nasa said scientists would only be able to make more accurate predictions about where the satellite might land two hours before it enters the Earth's atmosphere.
I wonder why they won't know until so late in the game. You'd think they would have all the information they needed to make a fairly accurate estimate.

flickher

Last edited by cowmoo32; 09-22-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #340
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
If all the stories of religious prophets didn't stem from the same person/event, then there's no doubt in my mind that Jesus was a nut job. How many people are locked up right now because they're claiming to be the second coming of christ?
haha that's my theory too
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote