E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Keegan99

My Ride: 2005 M3 ZCP
Wanted: Latest Intravee firmware and updater tool

Strange request, but I'm trying to download the Intravee updater tool and latest firmware from http://www.intravention.co.uk/library/

Unfortunately, it requires a login to the Intravention forums. No big deal, right?

Buuuut....

http://www.intravention.co.uk/forum/...ction=register

Registration for the forums is disabled!

So it's now impossible for new users to download essential files. Nice work, Intravention.

Does anyone have a login I could "borrow"? Or could someone download the latest updater tool and firmware and make it available to me? Thanks!
Keegan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
RichardP

My Ride: M5
Just e-mail them at support@intravention.co.uk and they'll either send you the files or create you a user account so you can download them. Ask them for the V6.02 firmware while you are at it!
RichardP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Richard is V6.02 worth it? or is it still buggy?

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
sna77
OEM ///Member

My Ride: BMW
Olaf are you still on v. 5? I've been running 6.0x forever. A major upgrade over v. 5
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
delmarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
Olaf are you still on v. 5? I've been running 6.0x forever. A major upgrade over v. 5
Steve how do I get it?

The Intravee Forum is like Fort Knox for the firmwares. I can't even register to access the download library.

But I didn't even realize after a year of having an Intravee II in my trunk that I was on some sort of old version and no one told me.

Last edited by delmarco; 12-14-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
sna77
OEM ///Member

I just email them and they send me the firmware and tool. If you don't hear back from them by tonight, let me know. I have the firmware sitting on an old laptop at my house.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:24 AM   #7
delmarco

Thanks Steve,
I got the firmware but......
the freakin' thing has been working me out all evening!

Which brand/type usb to serial FTDI cable do you use to get it to work?

I made this video tonight to show what I've been doing...

Old 12-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
delmarco

Intravee 2 updated and running V 6.02 w/ i-Bus controller!!!!

Last edited by delmarco; 12-17-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #9
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post

Which brand/type usb to serial FTDI cable do you use to get it to work?
I have an old Windows XP laptop with built in serial port that I use for programming. I hate USB to serial adapters. You can just use a null modem (db9) cable. Works perfectly.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
delmarco

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that the Intravee inventor/owner/caretaker, Simon Allen, sadly and untimely passed away this month so the forums, website and firmware services for Intravee and Intravention Electronics will be down indefinitely.

I got this information in a recent email from RichardP (see quotation below) in the UK who is well knowledge on the Intravee and BMW iBus system was closest to Simon on the Intravee project.

I have what looks to be the 'latest' 6.02 vers firmware update files and the pdf installation instructions on my PC. If anyone needs I can email it to
them.

Quote:
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Hello,

I'm RichardP from the Intravee forum; I've been involved with the Intravee on a non-commercial basis since it was first available and I am a moderator on the forum.

As some of you may have noticed the Intravee web site and forum have been unavailable since the start of last week end. It is with great sadness that I must inform you that Simon Allen, the owner of Intravention Electronics and the designer of the Intravee, passed away suddenly on Friday 23rd November. Simon was a highly talented individual who will be greatly missed by anyone that knew him.

Intravention Electronics was run entirely by Simon, with a little help from a few enthusiastic volunteers, the entire computer infrastructure was based at his home and run and maintained by him. Although I do not yet know any details of what may happen in the future, as of Friday evening it would appear that the computers running the Intravention web site have been shut down. There is currently no access to the forum, web site, software library or support e-mail. I have only been able to e-mail you because I had a backup of the forum users with Customer, or higher, access permissions. The future of the Intravee product is, at best, unclear.

The Intravee hardware itself is generally very reliable indeed; the only hardware problem I am aware of is that it is possible to blow the internal fuse. I have a quantity of these fuses and can supply them if required. It may be technically possible to continue with Intravee production as the manufacturing facility has all the details, legally and financially it may be a different story.

The Intravee release firmware is reasonably bug free, but only supports the Professional Nav system to any significant degree. The pre-release V6.02 firmware is also generally quite stable; the very latest build 6.02-6940 is a significant upgrade to V6.01 with support for Business Radio, Business Nav and MID. I have copies of the various pre-release firmware builds and, again, can supply this on request.

It may be possible for me to do some limited development on the Intravee firmware, however this would have to be done in my spare time and so the scope would be quite limited. I have the source code and the knowledge of the Intravee, iBus and AI-Net to continue development - however, what I do not have is the ability to compile the source code to create the firmware file. Simon used a version of a compiler that he modified, it may not be possible to obtain or use this compiler.

I apologise for the unsolicited e-mail, but thought that there would be many users that would like to know the situation. If you would like to be removed from receiving any future e-mails please reply to this e-mail with "Remove" as the subject line, otherwise I will endeavour to keep you informed of any developments. In the meantime, if you have any questions or problems, please e-mail me directly.

Last edited by delmarco; 11-29-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
BMWX5GIRL

My Ride: BMW X5
Intravee II software

Still Waiting.
BMWX5GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
NorCalZman

My Ride: 05 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT
You can get the latest firmware here from now on: http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/forum/117-intravee/
Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge mod
NorCalZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:38 AM   #13
BMWX5GIRL

Thanks NorCalZman, it worked. now running 6.02.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #14
BMWX5GIRL

Still having trouble with Sirius tuner, (AlpSir10T), when I turn off car and start it up no sirius in source menu, also I know its wired right yellow to battery, black to ground and red to switch. I also tried the sc100 interface did the samething if I unplug the power plug on tuner in comes back to source menu. Help please
Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
BMWX5GIRL

Never mind, had wires crossed up on sirius everything working fine now. Thanks to all
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 AM   #16
RichardP

My Ride: M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX5GIRL View Post
Still having trouble with Sirius tuner, (AlpSir10T), when I turn off car and start it up no sirius in source menu, also I know its wired right yellow to battery, black to ground and red to switch. I also tried the sc100 interface did the samething if I unplug the power plug on tuner in comes back to source menu. Help please
Do you have a KCA-SC100? As far as I know no one has ever confirmed if it works with the Intravee or not.
RichardP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #17
BMWX5GIRL

As for the Kca-sc100 it worked but everytime you start the car you have to unplug the power plug, also the ipod and cd changer (s634) will not pass sound if the sc100 is off so you have to reset it, a real pain