E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
ex46static

My Ride: 2000 328ci
Lightbulb Know of a reputable business for used BMW engines?.

1. I have a 2000 328ci. I'm replacing the motor. Does anyone know of a reputable place to purchase the motor? Obviously mileage, warranty are my two main concerns. I have been told that there are several SHADY places and to be very carefull. Any suggestions?

2. I have 19 inch OZ superleggera 3 pc wheels. I want to put Bilstein sport shocks and H&R race or sport springs on my car. I am willing to roll the fenders if needed. I am uncertain of the offset of my wheels. Anyone know what offset will work with this application? I would like the race springs bc it is a lower ride. However, driveability is also a factor. Anyone know of a reputable place in the Cincinnati area that could roll the fenders without doing a hack job?

3. I am looking for some color matched front reflectors. I have heard that the color matched ones are never the same color as your car. My car is titanium silver. Any suggestions?

4. While the motor is out i am replacing the clutch. I want something that is going to last, not give me a terrible leg work out everytime i clutch and is priced within reason. I have looked at the Spec Euro Stage 2+ clutch kit. Any suggestions??

5. I will be replacing my door tweeters and really dont care for the muffled, bottoming out, sub woofer. I like the sound the mids and tweeters produce. I have the HK system. Any suggestions?

6. I am purchasing smoked sidemarker and corners. I would like to get something that matches my xenon bulbs. should i get white LED's for the front, side and license plate bulbs? What does this conversion involve? Any thoughts??

7. If you are an E46 owner you are probably firmiliar with the door moldings on the interior of the car that always fall down/ come unglued?. I have rigged mine with spray glue and other things and they never stay up for more than a few months. I'm fed up with them and want to replace them. Any suggestions, price, where to order??

8. Last but not least. Does anyone have suggestions on what color to have my wheels painted? The car is titanium silver, windows are tinted, markers are smoked. Currently they are a gunmetal grey with silver lips. What looks best? I know its personal opinion. Does anyone have suggestions, pics of different applications, etc.?

SORRY FOR THE 20 PAGE POST!! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Last edited by ex46static; 07-08-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: no responses
ex46static is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
LivesNearCostco

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
I have heard people reference Bavarian Auto Recycling for used engines. I have not used them but my impression is that they have a good reputation but are not cheap because they test the engines before selling them. Your wheels might have the offset stamped on the inside of the spoke or hub. Can't help you with any of the looks/cosmetics parts.
LivesNearCostco is offline   Reply With Quote