E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #21
HellRaiser1

My Ride: 2004 M3
Car looks great! Looks kinda like my car, TiAG 330ci.

Great car, if I were you I'd definetly invest in suspension mods (handling + drop!) and also either remove the 330ci badge or get the matte black 330ci badge.
(I'm kinda plotting to get that cool ass black badge!)

What also I think makes the car look good, personally speaking, is vinyl wrapping the roof gloss black. The previous owner did it on my car, and it's one of my favorite mods.

When you do get tints, dont go too dark; it looks pretty bad-ass when the car is dark-translucent, only kinda being able to see your clean interior. Gives the car depth I guess.

Last edited by HellRaiser1; 07-15-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: format was boring/painful to read; n gramma yo
HellRaiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #22
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaiser1 View Post
Car looks great! Looks kinda like my car, TiAG 330ci.

Great car, if I were you I'd definetly invest in suspension mods (handling + drop!) and also either remove the 330ci badge or get the matte black 330ci badge.
(I'm kinda plotting to get that cool black badge!)

What also I think makes the car look good, personally speaking, is vinyl wrapping the roof gloss black. The previous owner did it on my car, and it's one of my favorite mods.

When you do get tints, dont go too dark; it looks pretty bad-ass when the car is dark-translucent, only kinda being able to see your clean interior. Gives the car depth I guess.
Yeah I definitely gonna get suspension as soon as I can afford it. BUt i'm also planning on getting a new car in a couple years so not sure how much more I wanna put into this one. For the tint I'm not gonna go limo tint, but I still want something dark. The fronts I can barely tint anyways cause of California law. Not sure about the badge... I kinda want people to know that I have a 330ci. haha. I wonder how the black badge will look on a silver?
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #23
HellRaiser1

My Ride: 2004 M3
I think it would look good because eventually your contrasting color would be black to your tiag (it wouldn't be any other color, i guess right?).

As far as tint goes, NYC law here is 70% tinting (or something of a like), that is too light, I need some goddamn privacy! So I get 35%. It's kinda see-through translucent in a sunny day, but nearly invisible at night.

The rare times I get my balls busted by the po-9 about my tint, I think of it as tint tax and pay the point-less (pun intended) $80 ticket.
HellRaiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #24
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaiser1 View Post
I think it would look good because eventually your contrasting color would be black to your tiag (it wouldn't be any other color, i guess right?).

As far as tint goes, NYC law here is 70% tinting (or something of a like), that is too light, I need some goddamn privacy! So I get 35%. It's kinda see-through translucent in a sunny day, but nearly invisible at night.

The rare times I get my balls busted by the po-9 about my tint, I think of it as tint tax and pay the point-less (pun intended) $80 ticket.
Haha yeah i'll see what I like the most. Same here for our front license plate. Got pulled over once. Only a $25 ticket. Well worth it in my opinion. I don't even have holes in my bumper anymore. haha. I'll need to see pictures of the black before I decide. I love the idea though.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #25
InTheBeams

My Ride: 02 330i Sport Pkg.
Looks great Matt!
InTheBeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:26 AM   #26
Syfon

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
Here are some pics of my 330ci progress. Got the biggest mods done. Just wanted your guys opinion on what else I should do.

So far I have front and rear Mtech2 bumpers. Black kidney grills. Angel eyes. Monochrome Roundels. OEM LED Tail lights. M3 spoiler lip. VMR CSL Wheels.

I'm gonna get OEM m3 mirrors and some tint soon. Anything else you guys think would look good? Something subtle and OEM looking.

That is exactly what my 323Ci looked like bar the Mtech kit. I miss my E46, sold to buy a house
Syfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:48 AM   #27
ryawee

My Ride: 2001 330ci
DEFINITELY paint the inside ring of your headlights black and get some smoked corners. The headligths look a little cheap right now and dont go with your whole silver on black theme. the black rings and smoked corners would really look good with your black grills and logos. I painted mine with just regular paint. it was so easy. the headlights just snap apart on these cars.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 AM   #28
ryawee

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Here's a picture of my car and another of a silver one with the black headlights and smoked corners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-07-15 at 1.52.51 AM.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	409523   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1141.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	409524  
Old 07-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #29
TallSkinnyMatt

Wow I'm definitely going to paint the inside now. Looks great! Thanks guys. Instead of tinting my corners I think it'll just be cheaper to buy a pair of smoked. I'll look around and see what I can find.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #30
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Paint them using Plasti-dip I did and they look great

I am about to paint my inserts. How does the plasti dip hold up to the high heat of the xenons?

Tags
330ci, csl, mtech, progress