General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rate Thread||Display Modes|
|07-14-2011, 01:15 AM||#1|
Tune up to do list (need input)
I used the search bar and didnt find a Tune up checklist thread, and im hoping I can get some input from everyone. I just bought a 2001 325ci and want to do some tune up work on it.
Can someone tell me if im missing any major things to do. While i have the car up for the day i want to get as much tune up related things done to it as i can. I have the following...
Transmission Fluid - Purchased (Royal Purple)
Filters: Oil, Air, etc - Need opinions
Oil Change: Castrol (Opinions)
Spark Plugs and Wires?
Im not sure what else there is to do, the cooling system was just maintenanced, the breaks were done, and the syspension was just done with a 1.5" drop. Any input would be great.
Last edited by E46BimmerLover; 07-14-2011 at 01:30 AM.
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|07-14-2011, 01:32 AM||#4|
|07-14-2011, 01:37 AM||#5|
Join Date: May 2011
My Ride: 325i
I pulled this from a shop locally that advertises what they do for BMW Intervals:
An Inspection I consists of:
- Engine Oil Change - Featuring FUCHS Titan SuperSyn Engine Oil & MANN Filter
- Inspect Engine and Oil Lines for Leaks
- Transmission & Hoses Inspected for Leaks
- Differential & Axles Inspected
- Fuel Tank & EVAP Lines Inspected
- Exhaust System & Hangers Inspected
- Power Steering Pump, Rack, & Hoses Inspected
- Steering Rack Inspected for Play
- Front Brake Pads & Rotors Inspected
- Rear Brake Pads & Rotors Inspected
- Grease Wheel Hubs (Not all models apply)
- Inspect Steering Tie Rods
- Inspect Front Control Arms, Balljoints & Bushings
- Inspect Parking Brake and Check for Function
- Inspect Complete Cooling System for Leaks & Wear
- Inspect Engine Accessory Belts & Timing Belt
- Inspect Brake Lines & Hoses - Check Fluid Level
- Inspect Air Conditioning System
- Check Windshield Fluid - Fill as Needed
- Inspect Battery and Power Cables
- Inspect Vehicle Interior & Exterior Lamps
- Inspect Windshield Wiper Condition
- Lubricate Door Hinges & Latches
- Replace Cabin Air Filter
- Inspect SRS / Airbag System
- Inspect Shocks, Springs, Struts & Mounts
- Road Test Vehicle for Road Noise and Vibration
- Check Tire Depth and Pressure
Service Inspection II includes all the above plus the following:
- Flush & Fill Brake Fluid
- Flush & Differential Fluid (Recommended at 50,000 Mile Intervals)
- Flush & Fill Transmission Fluid (Recommended at 100,000 Miles in Auto, 50,000 Miles in Manual)
- Replace Fuel Filter (Recommended at 50,000 Miles)
- Replace Engine Spark Plugs (Recommended at 100,000 Miles)
- Replace Engine Intake Filter
- Flush & Fill Antifreeze (Recommended at 50,000 Miles)
- Shim Valves (BMW M3 E46 Models ONLY)
You can always also just contact the dealer and they'll let you know what each interval includes, and how often they should be done.
2002 BMW 325i Koni Sport / Eibach
Last edited by Levreault; 07-14-2011 at 01:39 AM.
|07-14-2011, 01:39 AM||#6|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|