E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Honest citizens get raped again...thanks gub'ment!

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07...formation.html

Nevermind the fact that these asshats are the ones responsible for losing track of those guns in the first place...
Old 07-13-2011, 02:42 AM   #2
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Keep in mind that the ATF have the authority to enact all these changes and requirements without congressional approval. What's really wrong with this picture? If you said "excessive unauthorized unconstitutional power that is not legal", you are on the right track. The real question is, "How can they do this without congressional oversight and the passage of legislation?" It's crooked shit.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Reedo302

From my NRA-ILA email:

Quote:

Obama Administration Approves

Illegal Multiple Sales Reporting Requirement

On Monday, the Justice Department announced that it will proceed with a controversial reporting procedure that will require federally licensed firearms retailers in states bordering Mexico to report multiple sales of semi-automatic rifles.

Last fall, the reporting procedure was proposed as an “emergency" measure by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The procedure specifically calls for all of the firearm retailers in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas to report multiple sales, or other dispositions, of two or more .22 caliber or larger semi-automatic rifles that are capable of accepting a detachable magazine and that are purchased by the same individual within five consecutive business days. For example, a dealer would have to tell the government every time a deer hunter in Sacramento or Amarillo finds a good deal on a pair of semi-auto .30-06s like the popular Remington 7400.

The BATFE has no legal authority to demand these reports, and the flood of new paperwork (BATFE estimates 18,000 reports per year) will waste scarce law enforcement resources that should be spent on legitimate investigations.

Deputy Attorney General James Cole said in the DOJ statement that this new reporting measure “will improve the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to detect and disrupt the illegal weapons trafficking networks responsible for diverting firearms from lawful commerce to criminals and criminal organizations.”

As anyone who watches the news is aware, the BATFE has recently come under intense scrutiny due to its involvement in, and handling of, the ill-conceived and ill-fated “Fast and Furious” operation. "Fast and Furious" was a part of the five-year-old "Project Gunrunner" program and encouraged Arizona gun stores to sell thousands of guns to suspicious buyers, despite objections from dealers and BATFE field agents alike.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) called the new policy "the height of hypocrisy," and said the Obama administration is restricting the gun rights of border state citizens "when the administration knowingly and intentionally allowed guns to be trafficked into Mexico.” Smith went on to say, “Limiting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens is not going to solve the problem."

Earlier this year, the U.S. House of Representatives voted on and passed, by a vote of 277 to 149, an amendment to H.R. 1 offered by Reps. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) and Dan Boren (D-Okla.) that prohibits the use of federal funds for the reporting scheme.

Unfortunately, the amendment was not included in the final version of the bill as a result of Senate inaction. In March, U.S. Sens. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.) introduced legislation (S. 570) “to prohibit the Department of Justice from tracking and cataloguing the purchases of multiple rifles and shotguns." The bill would prohibit the use of federal funds for a multiple sales reporting scheme proposed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Please contact your Senator and encourage him or her to cosponsor S. 570 to stop this blatant abuse of power. You can reach your Senators at (202) 224-3121 or send them an e-mail by clicking here.

Commenting on the DOJ announcement, NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox said, “$40 billion transnational criminal enterprises don't fill out paperwork and are not deterred by paperwork violations. This is a blatant effort by the Obama administration and ATF to divert the focus of Congress and the general public from their gross incompetence in the 'Fast and Furious' scandal. This scheme will unjustly burden law abiding retailers in border states. It will not affect drug cartels and it won't prevent violence along our borders. The BATFE and the Administration lack the statutory authority to do this and the NRA will file suit as soon as BATFE sends the first demand letters.”

Glock Armorer

Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
I got that email this morning as well. I'm afraid Obama will put gun control on this front burner...well...at least after he fixes the debt issue and the whole war thing...hopefully the tard won't get elected again, but unfortunately, his voters seem to reproduce.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
In the probe, called Operation Fast and Furious, several agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives say they were inexplicably ordered by superiors to stop tracking some small-time "straw" buyers who purchased large numbers of weapons apparently destined for drug cartels.

On a serious note, this sucks donkey balls. Hi, we the government, who have the worst track record of any group around, are going to place more regulations on private enterprise because we know best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I got that email this morning as well. I'm afraid Obama will put gun control on this front burner...well...at least after he fixes the debt issue and the whole war thing...hopefully the tard won't get elected again, but unfortunately, his voters seem to reproduce.
Statistically speaking, they reproduce at larger rates. Oh yeah 6 kids living in a household that doesn't even earn enough income to cover the parents cost of living.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 07-13-2011 at 10:19 AM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post

On a serious note, this sucks donkey balls. Hi, we the government, who have the worst track record of any group around, are going to place more regulations on private enterprise because we know best.
The ATF has gone to extensive lengths since 2009 to restrict the use of firearms and ammunition by law abiding citizens. They've also heavily regulated the legal industry. They are not bashful about it. Supposedly they show up to every SHOT show to tell people about new changes. Apparently in 2009, there was a LOT of uproar.
There was no coincidence that all that came out right after the presidential inauguration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Statistically speaking, they reproduce at larger rates. Oh yeah 6 kids living in a household that doesn't even earn enough income to cover the parents cost of living.
They don't EARN enough income, but they do get income. One of the biggest scams is public assistance. In many states, a single mother with two kids can rake in between $4k-6k/month, and then an additional $500-1k per child after that. That includes benefits like food stamps/EBT and SCHIP, county and state assistance, Section 8/HUD housing, etc. Why would they want to work when they're making $60k/year doing nothing? You can't vote out your meal ticket..

Glock Armorer

Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Hey Reedo, you're preaching to the choir chief. I'm totally with you on all accords.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote