E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #21
Lusticles

My Ride: 325Ci
Why didn't you just let the Acura get ahead of you? What was your fixation on being in front of him?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #22
eee4666

My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusticles View Post
What was your fixation on being in front of him?
Being 17 years old.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #23
shadow2132

My Ride: 330i ZHP
and that my friends is todays lesson for being an asshat on the road...come back tomorrow when we discuss racing toyota priuses at stop lights and joining rolling road blocks on 3 lane highways :-D
shadow2132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #24
travisn

My Ride: 01 325i
ON ZEE HIGHWAY!!!

travisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #25
Levreault

My Ride: 325i
Yeah. There are discussions and articles and posts all over the internet about just this: LANE CAMPERS. No matter if you are doing 55mph or 90mph, if someone comes up faster than you in the left lane you are to YIELD AND MOVE OVER. If he moves over with you, then you know that he wants to draft with you. If he goes past at 100mph, then draft off him!

I have been known once or twice to drive slightly over the speed limit , but no matter how fast I might be going, I ALWAYS yield for someone who's going faster than me. That's a common courtesy. And you'll find, if you work WITH someone instead of against them, maybe both of you will get to your destination faster and alive! (And if you are the smarter of the two, he'll be the one to get the speeding ticket if anyone does)

Is that so difficult?

Last edited by Levreault; 07-17-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Levreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #26
dude what

My Ride: V-TEC Equipped M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2132 View Post
and that my friends is todays lesson for being an asshat on the road...come back tomorrow when we discuss racing toyota priuses at stop lights and joining rolling road blocks on 3 lane highways :-D

How I read it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2132 View Post
and that my friends is todays lesson for being an asshat on the road...come back tomorrow when we discuss racing toyota priuses at stop lights and joint rolling on back roads on 3 lane highways :-D
dude what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #27
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Our E46 is a damn old car. Who want to battle you. In canada there are bunch of 320i with Asian women in it. Do you think they get provoked to race too?
You have a paranoia problem, thinking everyone wants to race you for no reason.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #28
Levreault

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
You have a paranoia problem, thinking everyone wants to race you for no reason.
I agree
Old 07-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #29
PRDesignsTony

My Ride: 02 330ci
I remember when i had my subaru and i was battling with some stupid acura ******* on the highway. Going 115 on the highway with traffic, he was riding my ass so i brake checked him and he almost ended up in the grass. He got pretty pissed off so he got next to me and started yelling at me so I floored. Sucks my subaru was not that fast, limiter was at 120. Thank God their was no cops

Stretch + poke = All show, no go!!!
PRDesignsTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #30
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Sorry had to get on this thread, back to the OP. I didn't read through all replies but this thread caught my attention. I mean, your e46 is really not all that quick at least not compared to an acura Just about what, 25-35 hp more at the crank? (spec wise). It is just a nice luxurious, reliable vehicle to cruise on. just my few pennies on this post

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 AM   #31
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRDesignsTony View Post
I remember when i had my subaru and i was battling with some stupid acura ******* on the highway. Going 115 on the highway with traffic, he was riding my ass so i brake checked him and he almost ended up in the grass. He got pretty pissed off so he got next to me and started yelling at me so I floored. Sucks my subaru was not that fast, limiter was at 120. Thank God their was no cops
Should have rear ended you for being stupid. Is revenging against some nameless tailgater for important than your car and your life? What if he was a murderous gangster and just shoot you dead?
"Thank god there was no cops. Just pop a m*therf*cker in a bimmer on the highway today."

Last edited by MercForHire; 07-18-2011 at 12:01 AM.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #32
southpaw

My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
Epic insecurity ITT.

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #33
azblkonblk

My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46tknv View Post
Sorry had to get on this thread, back to the OP. I didn't read through all replies but this thread caught my attention. I mean, your e46 is really not all that quick at least not compared to an acura Just about what, 25-35 hp more at the crank? (spec wise). It is just a nice luxurious, reliable vehicle to cruise on. just my few pennies on this post
Uhhh, I don't think a 325 has 25-35 more hp to the crank. Its under 200hp IIRC and the tsx has a little over 200hp. The older gen 04-08 would have probably edged him especially on the highway since low end torque is less relevant in this case for the honda.

He said latest gen tsx, if its a v6, he's f king with you op and could've shted all over your 325
azblkonblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #34
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator325 View Post
This weekend I made a round-trip from Gainesville to Miami which is about 330 miles of interstate and expressway driving. Both on the way down to Miami and back home today, I encountered people who were trying to battle me on the road. As I'm traveling at 90 mph I got people who would pull in behind me and try to draft off of me or they would try to pass me as if I was going to slow for them.

I find this kind of driving extremely annoying, but my pride often gets the better of me so I usually make it a point to get away from them either via straightline acceleration or by losing them in traffic. As I was just passing through Orlando on the turnpike, this last generation Acura TSX starts creeping up on me as I'm doing 90+. So with wide open space in front of me I run up to 110 to see what his threshold for speed is and wouldn't you know it he tries to stay with me.

For about a good 35 mile stretch between Orlando and Ft. Pierce me and this Acura are going at it. He'll pull in front of me, then get blocked by traffic, which gives me the chance to get ahead of him. Then I started using the other cars to prevent him from passing me.

I was finally able to lose him via the toll booth as I have a speedpass and he didn't so he had to stop and pay the toll while I just drove through it.

I had a similar situation happen to me on the way home this afternoon. Sometimes I think when some people see an E46 they just want to race it. I ever get this kind of behavior from other drivers in my E34.
Gator,

Knowing nothing about you or your car, don't take anything I write personally...this is really for everyone else's benefit and hopefully entertainment, but not knowing what is going to come out of me, I have no idea if the latter will happen.

So, first, if you don't mind my asking...how old are you?

How's life and such? (On a one to ten scale.) Zero is dead; ten is nuzzling Marissa's neck softly. (She probably has an e46 as a 'dump car' so I'm thinking she has to be here and eventually will get the hint!)

Here's what I do--when someone is trying to go faster than you, I let them whether it's a Prius, 18-wheeler, or Ferrari. I'll keep up with the latter as I can...just to look!

Are you your own mechanic or do you have a shop doing work on your car? How well do you maintain your car and when is the last time you had a real tech inspection?

Don't look at other drivers that are doing stupid things; it only makes them and you want to do more stupid things.

If you understand any of what I've said, please be careful. If you haven't, get a tech inspection, think about what you're doing differently, and be careful.

I was going to ask if you were an fn moron, but thought you might take that inquiry the wrong way and think I'm just a troll (I'm sure you have another word in mind!). I'm really not that bad, but I don't like when drivers are going 25 or more over...it makes it difficult to keep me and my family/friends safe when we're on the highway...and I'm a really good driver!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #35
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
I get in my car, crank it up, and unlock the door for a coworker who is riding with me to meet the warehouse guys for lunch. He sits down in the seat, leans back, and... BAM! The seat leans ALL the way back! My first thought, "You've got to be fvcking kidding me..." considering I was hit on Tuesday. After we fight with it for a while and try to get it to remain in the upright position, I had this realization.

"Let the seat drop back, press the lever forward, and raise the seat back up."

He does so. After it rose about two or three inches, I hear it fall back a little more and lock into place. Clever. They leaned the seat ALL the way back and then used the lever to tilt the seat forward so it looked like it was fine. I'm still not sure which of my friends did it, but I'm giving them some major props for doing so.

But in a situation like this, I'd call the cops. That is just disrespectful that someone would mess with your car like that. Someone could have been seriously injured. What if your 98 year old grandma sat down and broker her neck? Keep in mind through this story, that I am a very respectful looking 16 year old Caucasian male. I was wearing puma shoes, cleanly cut jeans, a subaru t-shirt, and a fleece jacket. My hair is short and cleanly kept, and I have no piercings. Nothing makes me stand out as a rebel or any sort of a threat. I also live in a good area of the suburbs. But after reading this a couple more times, it really makes me wonder... has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? I mean... it's like I road in my buddies with 350hp and he switched highways at wot scared tge piss out of me felt as fast other bodies 500hp supra awesome car they are rare hopefully they will bring them back rx8s r ok but I don't like tge rear doors and odd shape and lackbof turbos.

Oh... one more thing...

It needs a drop. Why? Because race car.

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #36
threecoupe

My Ride: hates potholes
sure, all the time in seacrest county them damn coppers got a veyron foo'!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #37
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Gator,

...how old are you?...

...I was going to ask if you were an fn moron, but thought you might take that inquiry the wrong way...
Well said, dmax, all of it, but I'm afraid we ran OP off (tail between legs) a loooooong time ago, after his remarkably stoopid admission in his singular post...
BoogetyBoogety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #38
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
Well said, dmax, all of it, but I'm afraid we ran OP off (tail between legs) a loooooong time ago, after his remarkably stoopid admission in his singular post...
I hate it when that happens! Although I think we're only saving about 1 in 20 or so, that "1" is always worthwhile!

I like that quote above of mine alot! Did I write that? It seems so unlike me!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #39
DJ Reminisce

My Ride: Knows Dubstep SUCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMooch View Post
Come to think of it, this story reminds me of when I road in my buddies with 350hp and he switched highways at wot scared tge piss out of me felt as fast other bodies 500hp supra awesome car they are rare hopefully they will bring them back rx8s r ok but I don't like tge rear doors and odd shape and lackbof turbos
...I can't believe people still quote/use/think this is even midly funny anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowborder142190 View Post
This is a sign that I need to sell my e46 and move on. This forum is going downhill so badly.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using BimmerApp
Yes, this forum is going downhill very badly, would that make me want to sell my car? Hell no, there are just as many idiots driving BMWs as there are any other type of car, wouldn't you agree?
Amber LED Corners/6k HID Fogs/LED Interior_Shadow Emblems
500W_RE Audio_Hertz Components

House Mixes:
DJ Reminisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #40
Vault

My Ride: 2005 330xi
I'm surprised that nobody posted this yet.

Plasti Dip Tutorial: [Link]
Vault is offline   Reply With Quote