E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #41
sakumaxp

My Ride: 02 M3 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
You are the man! I hope I never have to speed to keep up with you on the highway battles. Awesome story, 'bro!

You would have kicked this guy's ass, too... no doubt...

is that from the movie duel?? LOLLLL...cool story..

Carbon Black Metallic
SMG II
Verttttt
VCSL Front Bumper
VCSL 1 Piece Splitter
VIS GTR Hood
6K Angel Eyes
VMR VB3 19's
KW V2 coilovers
sakumaxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #42
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levreault View Post

I have been known once or twice to drive slightly over the speed limit , but no matter how fast I might be going, I ALWAYS yield for someone who's going faster than me. That's a common courtesy.

Is that so difficult?
+1

If there is no one on the highway, I travel in the far right lane. As I see people who I want to pass, I go to the left and pass them. When I am done passing, I exit the passing lane. Simple...
Old 07-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #43
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault View Post
I'm surprised that nobody posted this yet.

See my sig...

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #44
HellRaiser1

My Ride: 2004 M3
Sometimes our youth and testosterone makes us lose touch of reality and we think we are Mario Andretti or that we're in Gone in 60 Seconds or what not.

The truth is that we can lose our lives in an INSTANT. All it takes is ONE fvck up, ONE assclown to screw up when you're inattentive, and you're gone.

We're a fragile biological specimen, inside a 3000lb machine, that's traveling at 60-90mph, in all sorts of directions, with other 2 ton vehicles also travelling at high speed, with retarded drivers of all sorts of handicaps, levels of awareness and intelligence, and inconsistent variables.

It's so easy to die out there!!!

I avoid all trouble by moving the FVCK away from speeders, ass hats, clown acts, old ladies, teenagers, etc. Not worth my life or my car. Although I admit, however, that when some retard in a civic guns it past me, hits the hazards telling me to race or taht it won, or god knows what, I actually FEEL physiological response from my own body; my body starts to shake a bit, my blood pressure increases, I'm noticeably irate.....I'm pissed off!!! But I say to myself, I'm bigger than this, I'm not gonna let some punk teenager control my emotions......and I cruiiiiseeeee.
HellRaiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #45
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Slow race story.
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #46
CoupeMagic323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
^^^^^ tHIS haha
CoupeMagic323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #47
FastHackem

My Ride: E60 M5
HAHA thats awesome.

The Mind Is A Terrible Thing.
2006 M5
2005 Impreza WRX
2002 330i
1983 944
FastHackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #48
mhs328Ci

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
I get in my car, crank it up, and unlock the door for a coworker who is riding with me to meet the warehouse guys for lunch. He sits down in the seat, leans back, and... BAM! The seat leans ALL the way back! My first thought, "You've got to be fvcking kidding me..." considering I was hit on Tuesday. After we fight with it for a while and try to get it to remain in the upright position, I had this realization.

"Let the seat drop back, press the lever forward, and raise the seat back up."

He does so. After it rose about two or three inches, I hear it fall back a little more and lock into place. Clever. They leaned the seat ALL the way back and then used the lever to tilt the seat forward so it looked like it was fine. I'm still not sure which of my friends did it, but I'm giving them some major props for doing so.

But in a situation like this, I'd call the cops. That is just disrespectful that someone would mess with your car like that. Someone could have been seriously injured. What if your 98 year old grandma sat down and broker her neck? Keep in mind through this story, that I am a very respectful looking 16 year old Caucasian male. I was wearing puma shoes, cleanly cut jeans, a subaru t-shirt, and a fleece jacket. My hair is short and cleanly kept, and I have no piercings. Nothing makes me stand out as a rebel or any sort of a threat. I also live in a good area of the suburbs. But after reading this a couple more times, it really makes me wonder... has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? I mean... it's like I road in my buddies with 350hp and he switched highways at wot scared tge piss out of me felt as fast other bodies 500hp supra awesome car they are rare hopefully they will bring them back rx8s r ok but I don't like tge rear doors and odd shape and lackbof turbos.

Oh... one more thing...

It needs a drop. Why? Because race car.
LOL I remember that thread
mhs328Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #49
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaiser1 View Post
Sometimes our youth and testosterone makes us lose touch of reality and we think we are Mario Andretti or that we're in Gone in 60 Seconds or what not.

The truth is that we can lose our lives in an INSTANT. All it takes is ONE fvck up, ONE assclown to screw up when you're inattentive, and you're gone.

We're a fragile biological specimen, inside a 3000lb machine, that's traveling at 60-90mph, in all sorts of directions, with other 2 ton vehicles also travelling at high speed, with retarded drivers of all sorts of handicaps, levels of awareness and intelligence, and inconsistent variables.

It's so easy to die out there!!!

I avoid all trouble by moving the FVCK away from speeders, ass hats, clown acts, old ladies, teenagers, etc. Not worth my life or my car. Although I admit, however, that when some retard in a civic guns it past me, hits the hazards telling me to race or taht it won, or god knows what, I actually FEEL physiological response from my own body; my body starts to shake a bit, my blood pressure increases, I'm noticeably irate.....I'm pissed off!!! But I say to myself, I'm bigger than this, I'm not gonna let some punk teenager control my emotions......and I cruiiiiseeeee.
And now, let's let the physicists explain what g-forces you experience stopping suddenly from speed.

In F1, they walk away from 50-g impacts.

I think ordinary people probably won't fair to well with even the wrong 5-g's.

Nice Hellraiser...couldn't have said it better myself!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #50
honkifyoubonk

My Ride: E 6666
Hpf m3???
Old 07-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #51
southpaw

My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
This is almost as bad as the HEY MY NIGGIS I WANT TO DRIFT MY 323 YOUR MOM thread.

Almost.

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #52
TKC

My Ride: 330cic & R6
Send a message via AIM to TKC
almost your mom
Old 07-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #53
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
LOL, no one's trying to "battle" you. This isn't hip hop dancing.

Nice cars/"spirited driving enthusiasts" on the road look for other "spirited driving enthusiasts". I've had several trips to SoFla like this where a guy speeds up, does some stuff that can be perceived as "battling", and then give me a thumbs up. We start cruising together, letting each other in while traffic slows down, and just having some fun.

Battling? No.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #54
RogueStatus37

My Ride: '04 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator325 View Post
This weekend I made a round-trip from Gainesville to Miami which is about 330 miles of interstate and expressway driving. Both on the way down to Miami and back home today, I encountered people who were trying to battle me on the road. As I'm traveling at 90 mph I got people who would pull in behind me and try to draft off of me or they would try to pass me as if I was going to slow for them.

I find this kind of driving extremely annoying, but my pride often gets the better of me so I usually make it a point to get away from them either via straightline acceleration or by losing them in traffic. As I was just passing through Orlando on the turnpike, this last generation Acura TSX starts creeping up on me as I'm doing 90+. So with wide open space in front of me I run up to 110 to see what his threshold for speed is and wouldn't you know it he tries to stay with me.

For about a good 35 mile stretch between Orlando and Ft. Pierce me and this Acura are going at it. He'll pull in front of me, then get blocked by traffic, which gives me the chance to get ahead of him. Then I started using the other cars to prevent him from passing me.

I was finally able to lose him via the toll booth as I have a speedpass and he didn't so he had to stop and pay the toll while I just drove through it.

I had a similar situation happen to me on the way home this afternoon. Sometimes I think when some people see an E46 they just want to race it. I ever get this kind of behavior from other drivers in my E34.
No, they see a dickhead speeding and thing it would be cool to follow you and **** with you.

2004 330Ci ZSP 6-Speed

Blackout grills l Smoked Reflectors l CCFL Angel Eyes l Gloss Black Roof Vinyl l BSW Speaker Upgrade l 3.46 Open Diff l BMW Performance SSKl M3 Style Trunk Spoiler
H&R Sport Cup Spring Kit l RHO Tow Hook Plate l Nokya Hyper-yellow Fogs l Stainless Steel Headers l Tuner Slotted Brake Kit l AXXIS/PBR Metal Master Pads l BMW AUX Input Kit

RogueStatus37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #55
So Slow

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
LOL, no one's trying to "battle" you. This isn't hip hop dancing.

i lol'ed
So Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #56
ao125

My Ride: 00 328Ci, 05 C320 4M
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonmn View Post
x 1000!

Although I don't miss the cars, I miss the way other drivers regarded me when I drove Saabs; it was euro-geeky-cool but sans all the bullshit that the OP spreads to the rest of us.
I miss my 2001 9-3 Viggen every day.

ao125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #57
ao125

My Ride: 00 328Ci, 05 C320 4M
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueStatus37 View Post
No, they see a dickhead speeding and thing it would be cool to follow you and **** with you.
I just follow people like that and keep a bit of distance, so the state trooper sees them first.

ao125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #58
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
LOL, good read.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #59
CoupeMagic323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
some old man in a hat in a grand marquis tried to battle me today..........................i was in the right lane going 55.
CoupeMagic323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #60
shadow2132

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeMagic323ci View Post
some old man in a hat in a grand marquis tried to battle me today..........................i was in the right lane going 55.
That was me in my weekend warrior....GET OFF MY LAWN>>>>I MEAN ROAD!!
shadow2132 is online now   Reply With Quote