E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
helkenndg

My Ride: 2004 325 CI
E46 325CI Service / Repair manual

All,

New to this site and looking to obtain a service / repair manual for a 2004 325CI. I am quickly learning that BMW service is not only very different than traditional US made vehicles. To add additional complexities, the closest BMW dealership is a 3+ hour round trip. Hence the need to obtain as much information about this vehicle as possible.

Also, is it possible to reset the "inspection +/- miles" that comes up when the car is started? If so, could anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks
Dave
helkenndg is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
E46-Cabrio

My Ride: E46 330CI Cabrio
DIY: BMW Oil Mileage Service Reset by Solidjake.

E46-Cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
helkenndg

You rock dude......

Thank you so much....
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
helkenndg

Cabrio, due to the fact that I live 3+ hours rounds trip away rom the nearest BMW dealership, a local shop was charging me $64.00 to "reset" the "oil inspection" notification. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this back to me, it worked first time just as the video.

Thanks again
Old 07-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Sansho
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2001 325i
Pick up the Bentley e46 service manual. It's not perfect, however, that, coupled with the many DIY resources available here and at other sites, will allow you to do many, many tasks. Last I checked Amazon had one of the better prices.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by helkenndg View Post
Cabrio, due to the fact that I live 3+ hours rounds trip away rom the nearest BMW dealership, a local shop was charging me $64.00 to "reset" the "oil inspection" notification. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this back to me, it worked first time just as the video.

Thanks again
You're welcome for making the vid.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
helkenndg

Correct acknowledgement

Solidjake, I apologize I did not see the "creator" of the video that was sent to me from E-46 Cabrio. I can not tell you how perfect that was. Thank you so very much for taking the time to create and distribute that and no doubt many other "DIY" videos. The fact is I have been on this site for less than 24 hrs and in that time I have been able to find out solutions to all of the questions I had.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #8
helkenndg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansho View Post
Pick up the Bentley e46 service manual. It's not perfect, however, that, coupled with the many DIY resources available here and at other sites, will allow you to do many, many tasks. Last I checked Amazon had one of the better prices.
Sansho (any reference to Man of LaMancha?)

Thank you for the reply, I will go to Amazon and Ebay and check them out. I must say this site has been extremely helpful. Most "forums" I have been on seem to be a place that "spammers" hang out and the only responses I get are "ads" looking to sell stuff. This site has been so helpful..
Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #9
helkenndg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
You're welcome for making the vid.
Solidjake, one more question. Is there a place that you house your DIY information, tips, tricks, and overall know-how? I would essentially like to link to that location as my first source of information along with the Bentley manual I just ordered.

Thanks
"Helk"
Old 07-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
I have a thread with all of my vids, but here is my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/XionUnjust

and check my profile -> Statistics -> Threads started

And if anything we can meet locally. I get parts at wholesale cost in case you need something quick or cheaper.

Last edited by Solidjake; 07-20-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote