E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #61
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HakenTT View Post
My 330ci is automatic, how can I ID what software number is for what? Does it matter if its M/T or A/T?
For the E46 non-Ms, autos and manuals use the same software number
Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #62
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 323i with S54
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
For the E46 non-Ms, autos and manuals use the same software number
I bought an extra MS43 dme to use it for testing but my pa soft 1.4 can't sync the EWS coding so I gave up on this. I hate EWS3 if you have info on how to eliminate it I would like to know
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #63
new//M3fan

My Ride: 77' 924 87' E30
Quote:
I bought an extra MS43 dme to use it for testing but my pa soft 1.4 can't sync the EWS coding so I gave up on this. I hate EWS3 if you have info on how to eliminate it I would like to know
Have you tried using DIS or INPA to align the EWS with the DME?
Old 10-02-2011, 04:41 AM   #64
Hageee

My Ride: E46 330xiA
Send a message via ICQ to Hageee
Driving a 330XI Automatic Car, European EU4, with tuned Software. Flashed with CarTune and modified by four Tuners. Tested all of them, but getting worse with the EU4 Regulation. My Idea is now to flash the EU2 Software.

I've done several EGS-Updates with WinKFP - but i don't know how to flash the EU2 Software ...
Hageee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #65
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hageee View Post
Driving a 330XI Automatic Car, European EU4, with tuned Software. Flashed with CarTune and modified by four Tuners. Tested all of them, but getting worse with the EU4 Regulation. My Idea is now to flash the EU2 Software.

I've done several EGS-Updates with WinKFP - but i don't know how to flash the EU2 Software ...
Same process - just manually input the ZB number.

Officially no EU2 software exists for the 330xi, but the RWD software would probably work fine (I'm not making any guarantees though).

Try 7545671
Old 10-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #66
Hageee

Amazing, i've flashed the software and is the same one which is programmed on my friends 330i with a Special Package, called "SA Leistungsgeprüft/Pressefahrzeug". It means, that BMW has tested this car on the Dyno before it goes to the magazins to test - its amazing, that this software does so more torque than the EU4 Software!

AND:

In cold start and warm up, my engine gets a little bit terrible, becouse you feel a little vibration at your ass, 30 seconds after cold start - for 10 seconds - after that the engine runs fine - BUT with EU2 Software, it solved the problem

But now: is there a way to retune the software for a little bit more aggressiv vanos or throttle? i've checked out, that my automatic gearbox will not shift automaticly up in manual mode, the engine runs into the rev-limiter. my old version has a tuned rpm-limiter... :-/

Last edited by Hageee; 10-03-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #67
TerraPhantm

The same people who modified your old one should be able to modify this. It's not really difficult to raise the rev limit, but I don't know how to flash modified tunes with winkfp. Pretty cool that it made such a difference though!

You're the one who used a ZHP EGS to raise your shift points right? It might be worth flashing a non-ZHP EGS software until you can get your rev limiter raised again
Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #68
Hageee

Back searching, is there a Software for SA199A (Without Catalysators) ? I've read out my Memory and it says "Lambdasondenheizung Bank1 und Bank2" - becouse i've removed the post-cat-Oxygen sensors. Engine runs fine and smooth, no MIL or something, only this two failurecodes
Old 10-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #69
Quenotte

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Amazing, i've flashed the software and is the same one which is programmed on my friends 330i with a Special Package, called "SA Leistungsgeprüft/Pressefahrzeug". It means, that BMW has tested this car on the Dyno before it goes to the magazins to test - its amazing, that this software does so more torque than the EU4 Software!

Back searching, is there a Software for SA199A (Without Catalysators) ? I've read out my Memory and it says "Lambdasondenheizung Bank1 und Bank2" - becouse i've removed the post-cat-Oxygen sensors. Engine runs fine and smooth, no MIL or something, only this two failurecodes
What is the version number of your dme software with "SA Leistungsgeprüft/Pressefahrzeug" ?
Quenotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #70
TerraPhantm

Quote:
EU2 and "without catalysator" are one in the same.

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E4...me_programmed/
Old 10-09-2011, 05:53 AM   #71
Hageee

I,ve Seen this, of Course that this are the Same versions, but Why ive some failures ? If my Car has no Cats, i wouldn't have any lambdas or is this Not true?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #72
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

Quote:
I,ve Seen this, of Course that this are the Same versions, but Why ive some failures ? If my Car has no Cats, i wouldn't have any lambdas or is this Not true?
Sie wissen nicht, was ich meine
Old 10-10-2011, 05:06 AM   #73
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Were the lambdas plugged in when you flashed the tune? If so, try reflashing with them unplugged. It seems the DME decides what configuration to follow based on what connections are present during programming. Same reason why you have to reflash the DME for an auto->manual conversion even though the SW is the same.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #74
BrianSpilner

My Ride: Max PSI Stage 2
Does anyone know where I can get the V41, V42, or V43 Daten files for an E46 M3?

=Nevermind, I found it.

Last edited by BrianSpilner; 10-10-2011 at 08:09 PM.
BrianSpilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #75
new//M3fan

My Ride: 77' 924 87' E30
Terra, Hakken,

Where are we on this? I think we're fairly close to cracking this. What do we need at this point?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #76
jared_wiesner

My Ride: 1999 328i (M54b30)
Has anyone made any progress with this. I feel like if we just had tuned versions of ms42 and ms43 software they could be inserted into the
factory software.

Does anyone have any tuned ms42 files (M52tub28). If so, I could attempt to amalgamate them with the euro 2 tune. If that works on my car, I could toy with doing the same for ms43.
jared_wiesner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #77
SH4DY

My Ride: '04 330Ci
I really don't want to see this effort die as the lack of viable tuning options has been the reason I've been hesitent to get another E46.
With that said I'd like to put in my thoughts to hopefully help this along.
I tuned late model domestics (mostly newer Chrysler stuff) professionally for a few years using primarily the Diablosport Pedator and CMR software.
The basics of it were that you would save the original file as a back-up before flashing anything (something they designated as a .ori). These files were pretty large (150-200kb iirc). These files included things that were background data that never showed up as adjustable parameters in the software.The Tune file that was flashed was basically only the parameters that were adjusted and ranged from 20 to 64kb. I'll have to check the file sizes later. But the point is that I don't see how the entire map can be stored in the few lines of code you guys are pulling (or posting at least). It seems like it should be 10x or even 100x as long.
Now I haven't gotten Tuner Pro yet to check things out but from a tuning stand point I (we) would need more than just rev limiter adjustments.
Off the top of my head:
Injector tables (scaling, cold start, hot start, battery offsets, etc...)
MAF/ VE tables
open loop and closed loop fueling tables
Spark tables
Knock sensor tables
Hardware switches (turn O2's off etc)
Fan control
IAT related tables
DBW throttle control tables (and ALL associated tables: on many boosted Chryslers you have to tune out a "hanging" throttle condition at high RPMs through expected/calculated airflow tables)
Idle speed control
and I'm sure many more...

I hope this helps to show you what we need from the end result of the effort.
Thanks though for what you guys are doing.... keep it up!

Last edited by SH4DY; 02-25-2012 at 12:20 PM.
SH4DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #78
POLECAT

My Ride: 2001 330ci M-T
hi all. my car is e46 330ci. i want to removal speed limiter and revs limiter. i have BMW USB OBD Diagnostic cable INPA Ediabas DIS v57 SSS v32 Progman GT1. can i do these ? or tunerpro program ? thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #79
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

I am able to tune my MS43 using WinOls software, and WinKfp software for flashing the tune into my E46. But my 2002 330ci is bone stock and I like it that way so I am not much into tuning it. In fact I will wait until the registration expires on it and just sell it, I am tired of E46
Old 03-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #80
TerraPhantm

Red face

Quote:
I am able to tune my MS43 using WinOls software, and WinKfp software for flashing the tune into my E46. But my 2002 330ci is bone stock and I like it that way so I am not much into tuning it. In fact I will wait until the registration expires on it and just sell it, I am tired of E46
You've succeeded in using winkfp to flash a custom tune? What'd you do, convert the binary to intel hex and tell winkfp to ignore checksums? Or do you know how to calculate the checksums?