E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
AOE

My Ride: 08' 4Runner
Exclamation WTB: 2003.5+ E46 M3 6MT Coupe - Prefer East Coast, But Will Fly Out For The Right Car

I have always taken the time to be very detailed in my listings both as a buyer and a seller; especially when it comes to online listings. Being that this is a vehicle purchase, I feel that this applies two-fold. I apologize for the length of this post, but I do not believe any harm can come from having a more detailed description of what I'm looking for versus a less descriptive post.

Hello everyone! I've been lurking around for about 2 years or so now, and I'm finally in the market for a used E46 M3.

I have been doing a lot of looking around here and E46Fanatics and have only found 3-4 cars for sale that are to my liking. Unfortunately, all are either sold or just flat out priced too high for me to justify the purchase regardless of tastefulness. Figured I would throw this WTB post up even though I'm rather picky with what I'd like to find. I've always appreciated a well detailed and organized WTS post, so naturally I will be posting as much information as I possibly can in this WTB in order to best convey what I'm ideally looking to pick up. Please feel free to offer up what you have; I'm aware I will rarely be able to find exactly what I'm looking for and am merely trying to provide as vivid a baseline as possible. Just know that the closer to the desired specs listed your vehicle is, the more inclined I will be to buy it. Ideally looking to pick something up before August 20th, but again; I'm willing to wait for the right car and pay accordingly. The maximum amount I am looking to spend is $30,000, and that would only be on a very tasteful/clean M to my liking with immaculate service records and under 40k miles.

ONLY willing to consider 6MT Coupe's! Please do not offer any vert's or SMG's!

These are my parameters (I'm not unwilling to consider something outside of these parameters, but these would be my ideal. For me to venture outside of them, the car would have be enough of a good deal to warrant it. I'm willing to wait and pay accordingly for the right car should it come along, and am in no rush to settle for anything less without a good reason).

The more service history, the better. I'm looking for a well maintained vehicle that has had it's oil changes, Inspections I & (if miles are high enough) II as well as any regular maintenance done on time as per the car's specific mileage. Service history from the break-in period is a big plus. If the car has any mods or has been tuned, I'd also like to know where the work was done or by whom were they installed as well as what mileage the car was at during installation (receipts of purchase and/or service are preferred). Looking for a car with a clean title and I obviously prefer no accidents. Carfax/VIN number required. Sellers open to have a PPI done are pluses, as is any vehicle located within 100 miles of 08816 for me to check out in person before I make a purchase. Any major accidents are a DEFINITE no.

Year: 2003.5+ is preferred (anything older and the rod bearing recall would HAVE to be address for me to consider it)

Mileage: I'm open to anything. Honestly, I would highly prefer a car with under 65,000 miles and ideally I would like to find something with 4X,XXX miles, but I'm willing to consider up to 100,000 mile vehicles. Naturally, I'd be inclined to pay more for a lower mileage vehicle.

Factory Options: I would prefer if it had the Bi-Xenon Headlight option and no sunroof, although no factory options or lack-there-of would be a deal breaker. The Premium Package and/or upgraded HK sound options would be nice. M-Cloth interior is fine. I prefer extended Nappa otherwise. I could care less for Navigation or the Cold Weather package, but don't exactly mind either of them. Pretty much open to whatever, but I'm not willing to pay a premium for a vehicle just because it is loaded.

Color: I'm open to plenty of color combos. The only color that I pretty much would not consider is Oxford Green. A LSB exterior would be my number 1 preference. As for the Interior, black is always fine and I would love IR depending on what exterior color it's paired with. I'm also very interested in Beige leather interiors; whether custom or a Factory Individual option. I dont particularly fancy Cinnamon or Dover, but don't have anything against them either. I prefer Carbon or black trim (Trim isn't a deal breaker; exterior/interior color combo takes way higher precedence).

Top Tier Color Choices - LSB/IR, LSB/Blk/ LSB/LSB, LSB/Dover, AW/LSB, IR/Blk, CB/IR, JB/IR, TiAg/IR, Silver/IR, Steel Gray/IR

Second Tier Color Choices: AW/Blk, CB/Blk, JB/Blk TiAg/Blk, Silver/Blk, Steel Gray/Blk

The color combination and mileage are significantly more important to me than the model year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not care to pay a premium for mods, but am willing to pay more versus a bone stock car for the RIGHT mods.
I'm perfectly fine with bone stock, this is merely what I would consider tastefully modded to my liking. In other words, anything listed below are pluses! I will not be willing to pay "more" for a vehicle with different/other brand modifications than what is listed below. It's not to say that I will not consider such a vehicle, but price will be the determining factor.

Exterior
I will not consider cars with exterior parts that do not fit flush and/or were not properly installed.

- Vorsteiner CSL Boot Lid
- Vorsteiner CSL Rear Diffuser
- Vorsteiner CSL Front Bumper
- Strossentech Front Lip or a VERY high quality replica
- Carbon fiber or blacked out kidney and side grills
- EAS Aurora 60-LED Angel Eyes (Don't care for others, will just be replaced by these)
- Projector/HID fog lights
- LED Tail Lights (If it didn't already come from the factory with these)
- Properly smoked headlights, corner lights, and tail lights would be a nice touch (Prefer a well done painted job versus tints)
- Wouldn't mind a well done and properly installed clear-bra in certain areas
- I don't have specific tint percentages in mind just yet, but I can tell you that anything over 50% is a bit much for me and I would rather have it removed

Wheels
I'm just going to list these three as they are some of the more common models. There are a lot of other wheels out there that I like and would gladly accept, so just offer up. I also would prefer the car to come with a set of OEM 18's or 19's, to use as a winter set (this is not crucial though, as I can obtain a set of stock 18's quite easily for ~$300-$400). I MUCH prefer a staggered setup of 9.5/10.5 F/R.

- 19" CSL replicas are my top choice (VMR/Vorsteiner preferred)
- 19" BBS LM's & CH's coming in at a close second
- 19" Volk TE37 or G2's coming in third

Any car with wheels wrapped in Nitto Invo's is a small plus, tires arn't a big deal though. The more remaining tread life, the better (no big deal if the tires are nearing the end of their lives though).

Suspension
I'd actually highly prefer to have some of these suspension mods done so I don't have to worry about sub-frame or suspension wear issues down the road. These are some of the few mods that are not only ideal for me, but ones that I would actually give preference to versus OEM parts.

- Aftermarket RTAB's (Powerflex preferred)
- Aftermarket RSM (Rogue preferred)
- Aftermarket Tranny Mounts (Rogue preferred)
- Aftermarket Control Arms (Turner Motorsports preferred)
- Turner Motorsports Sub-Frame Reinforcement Kit
- Coilovers (KW V2/V3 preferred, runner up would be Ground Control - I do not care for lowering springs)
- Eibach Sway Bars
- UUC or Rogue Struts

Engine/Drivechain

I really don't mind everything being OEM here, but this is what I would prefer if modded.

- Gruppe-M Ti or Kries-Sieg Ti exhaust (Prefer SS pipes. Will consider SS, Eisenmann, and Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Exhausts as well)
- Gruppe-M, K&N, or AFE CAI (K&N Filter + Elbow is fine also)
- Rogue Pulleys
- Euro rotors or StopTech/Brembo
- High quality transmission fluid
- Autosolutions SSK (Not looking for anything else; will switch to this from stock or another aftermarket brand)
- Open to any aftermarket shift knobs (havn't really tried any in person, so I'm looking to experiment)
- 3.91 LSD
- Highflow MAF
- Highflow Throttle Bodies
- Ultimate or Turner Motorsports Pedals

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that just about covers anything and everything I could go into detail about. To interested sellers: thank you kindly for spending the time to read the entire post and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to offer! Again, please don't hesitate to post/PM me; this is a very specific list and I know I'm not going to find everything here in the car I end up buying.

Last edited by AOE; 07-29-2011 at 12:13 PM.
AOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
Bill1

My Ride: 2003.5 JB/JB M3
I think this is exactly what you are looking for!!

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=374602
Bill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
AOE

^ Please don't bother with these kinds of posts in the B/S/T section of a forum. I know I'm new on these boards, but have some common courtesy and give respect to WTS and WTB threads. If you don't have a serious offer or referral to post, then please do not waste another's time. Thank you.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
Bill1

Sorry bro, didn't mean to ruin your book report. I thought you'd get a laugh out of it. I see you're on M3forums as well- I was going to suggest it over there and decided not to. I've been searching like a mad man for an M3 also- I'll make sure to post something worth your while.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
AOE

No worries man, no harm done and I know you only had humorous intentions. I hear you on the crazy M3 search man, it's not easy being picky these days! A lot of the M's that I used to see in a setup that I liked and that were clean got sold in the past 2-3 years due to the owners wanting to upgrade to the E92. There arn't many nicely setup E46 M3's left that their owners are willing to part with, hehe. Best of luck to you as well with your search sir, I hope you find what you're looking for!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
Bill1

As much as you describe color combos, does CB or JB matter when you say black exterior?
Old 07-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
AOE

I'd say I significantly prefer CB over JB, but no it doesn't really matter too much to me as I'm fine with JB. Put it this way: the interior color combination + trim would matter more to me than CB vs. JB.

Last edited by AOE; 07-29-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
AOE

Keep the offers coming guys!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
chowbox

My Ride: 2007 550i
have full history on fresh engine as well

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=858144
Old 08-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #10