E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
5speed5er

My Ride: TreTreFive
JJ how would you have handled this?

Old 07-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
How would you have handled it?

I'm just a regular guy like you guys. My opinion doesn't hold any more or any less weight.

I ignore the badge as all I see is an angry and threatening man with the means, ability, weapon, anger and implied verbal/physical intent to kill me. His job title or career choice means little to me.

This is a good example of why it should be legal to use force up to and including lethal force against an officer.

http://www.copblock.org/5475/when-sh...u-shoot-a-cop/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-29-2011 at 07:01 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
5speed5er

No I feel like you would react in a different, maybe, more sound way in the eyes of some since you have largely varying views on guns/police. I probably would've been talking shit in my head and after the fact but wouldn't have the balls to stand up to him out of fear probably.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkshalati View Post
No I feel like you would react in a different, maybe, more sound way in the eyes of some since you have largely varying views on guns/police. I probably would've been talking shit in my head and after the fact but wouldn't have the balls to stand up to him out of fear probably.
If I felt he was simply an angry, immature child that was non-threatening, I would have just remained quiet and then proceeded in filing my complaints and suits through the judicial system at a later date. You should never argue or escalate a situation with a cop.

If I felt an honest and legitimate threat of harm to myself, I would do what I had to do in order to protect my life just like I would against any threat.

A badge means nothing in that situation. Of course, I would hope to God I never, ever, ever had to make that choice. It would turn out bad no matter what...

I guess most would say "That's a cop!!!! You should sit there, respect his authority and just hope he doesn't kill you like a good boy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-29-2011 at 07:09 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
EndlessAP1

My Ride: e92 M3, e70 X5, TL
Wow, if we had Federal Agents in our department acting like this and I knew about it, it would be a sad day and suspension without pay for starters, formal counseling, documentation into record, etc. Not to mention his firearm and badge would be immediately taken by the ASAIC, period, end of story. There is zero tolerance for this kind of attitude from LEO's..

I hear threats/targeting all day long by this local cop. You just don't do that. Especially not on fricken TV. Geez!!!

I just showed two of my friends (special agents, field ops supervisor) and they were like who is this cat, who does he think he is...lol

Anyway back to work.

Last edited by EndlessAP1; 07-29-2011 at 10:33 PM.
EndlessAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #6
5speed5er

good to know there is some kind of check on people like this out there hopefully^
Old 07-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #7
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
The guy informed the officer he had a concealed carry when the officer told him to get out and his hands were up in the air. Not sure what else the officer wanted. I don't see why he was so angry at the guy, even if he was getting a prostitute. They should make officers take a psychiatric evaluation before getting their badge. This cop obviously had some issues. I think the guy handled the situation well, he was very polite to the cop and did nothing to escalate the situation. The cop would have probably done something silly if he said anything stupid.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote