E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011
Location: fort stewart
Posts: 611
My Ride: 2002 M3
E46 wat is this part? 2002 330

what does this thing right here do?

i took it down and broke a few clips so it falls down often wat is the part so i can replace it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0135.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	412133   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0134.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	412134   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0133.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	412135  
cyberlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 669
My Ride: 330i 5 speed
I believe its a motion sensor for the alarm
sedanpowersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 827
My Ride: 328i
Yeah i would like to know what it is as well
TekNoire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rockland county, NY
Posts: 1,793
My Ride: 04 M56,LC 100,RX300
Send a message via AIM to rizwan1377 Send a message via MSN to rizwan1377 Send a message via Yahoo to rizwan1377
Yes, it is the motion sensor. If you don't have alarm system in your car then it has no purpose.
rizwan1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
Zero. Leaks.
Solidjake's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 31,063
My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
It's the COVER for the motion sensor which is for the alarm. Our cars come with the wiring but not the parts. If you want the alarm system you have to buy the three parts and have the car coded for it.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Banned User
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,217
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Solidjake is correct.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote

fixing, parts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use