E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
pedrouchkai

My Ride: BMW E46 330CI
Leather Seat Version

Hello Gents!

I've got a question for you, when I'm looking different pictures of E46 car with leather interior, none of the ones I've seen have the same seats as mine.
Do someone of you have the same version as me? Do you know the seats version which was available as option on our E46?

My knowledge is at least three versions :
- standard

- mine (?)

You need to have a look at the stich on mine with are made in diagonal instead of straight. The central zone is in a special leather type than the borders (more grainy).
- sport

after I also know there are several versions with alcantara/leather, tissue/leather based on sport or standard seats.

I'm interested in your knowledge!

Last edited by pedrouchkai; 08-09-2011 at 10:04 AM.
pedrouchkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
my best guess would be that your seats were re-upholstered
lab rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Marinerd

My Ride: 09 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
my best guess would be that your seats were re-upholstered
+1
Marinerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
pedrouchkai

I don't think so, after having a deep look at cars for sale on the web I found few of them with the same leather seats as mine! I also came back to the official option list provided by BMW. It confirms my car is equiped with a specific leather version called "hellbeige2 nappa/mosaic leather".
I don't have in mind the name of standard leather version, isn't it Montana or Dakota?

Do someone Heard something about "nappa/mosaic leather"?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
OneOfaKindTrini

My Ride: 540i w/ 3 Pedals..
No, but your car would be different from North-American spec cars.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
BavLar

My Ride: 330Cic 5spd & 330i
Mine are just like yours. They are in a 2001 330 convertible. They are real leather, extremely tight and firm, and sexy as can be (red ). I only wish they wrapped around more like the sport seats. On the other hand, the sport seats are much more prone to cracking since they are a bit softer than mine.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 AM   #7
pedrouchkai

Thank you bavlar for your feedback.honestly I never Paid attention to convertible seats because I was sure they were different due to the included seatbelts!

I Will have a look at them! Sport seats also exist in convertible?

Oneofakindtrini, you're probably right, the US and the EU spec or options coule be different.For exemple I never Heard anything about vinyl seats in France.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #8
pedrouchkai

Ok I checked and have seen on convertible the leather seats exist on standard version like my first picture. If you ve got a similar version as mine it means it should be an option.

Does someone has the 2001 option list for first buyer? What about Individual options? Perhaps it s this kind of option?

Other question for everybody, does the standard leather seats have real leather on the back of it? I was surprises to see mine is really completely leathered and not with leatherette or similar.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
pedrouchkai

I found an option called "extended leather". Does someone know what was this option?
In the BMW ETK we can find the standard leather, the walknappa/mosaic, something called leather high and sport versions.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
rmodys

My Ride: 2001 325i
Extended leather would pretty much be just that: leather extended to other parts of the interior. I'm not sure what this included on the E46 but generally it would be real leather on the center console, door panels, etc.
rmodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #11
pedrouchkai

According to my readings (is it really the word?) it seems the extended leather on e46 includes walknappa/mosaic leather and all parts are done in real leather (doors / side of the seats and complete back of the seats covered with real leather).

I confirm on my interior all those parts are in leather. Does someone able to Check on Montana interior what's the texture of side and back of the seats?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Montana leather is just more grainy leather. In the USA on the 323Ci is was also matching on all the door panels, rear seat and armrests.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
pedrouchkai

That's still not completely clear nevertheless it seems in EU the walknappa/mosaic leather corresponds to the option "extended leather".